Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 10-27-2009   #21
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 324753 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cowgirls Fans at the Game(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarStruck View Post
I think many would be surprised at the number of Cowboys fans that hold PSLs for the Texans, so there is a vested interest there while still supporting their own. I can guarantee that the animosity is one-sided. It would be most surprising to see a Texan fan in Cowboys stadium, but any attention drawn would be more out of curiousity than anger.
yep. I have yet to meet a Cowboys fan that hates the Texans. Most of them just can't understand the Cowboys hatred and one-sided rivalry for two teams that are in the same state, different conferences, and only see each other in the regular season every four years.
Old 10-27-2009   #22
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 42676 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
yep. I have yet to meet a Cowboys fan that hates the Texans. Most of them just can't understand the Cowboys hatred and one-sided rivalry for two teams that are in the same state, different conferences, and only see each other in the regular season every four years.
True. The last time the teams met, we were down in the first half. No one was lamenting that we're losing to the Texans, rather, Bledsoe needs to go, put Romo in, anybody except the Statute of Liberty! The same response would have been if we were playing any team in the NFL.

Also, at one of the preseason games the Texans fans were booing when our owner was shown on the mini-tron in his stadium. I wish I could have taken and sold pictures of the puzzled look on the Cowboys fans faces.

Last edited by StarStruck; 10-27-2009 at 06:14 PM.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009   #23
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm reminded of Steph's FanHouse in the Stands bit: This Guy Needs to Turn in His Man Card

Old 10-27-2009   #24
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 42676 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I am an die-hard card toting Cowboys fans, so I hope this doesn't happen. But, could you imagine Carr being in the right place at the right time and end up with a Super Bowl ring?
Old 10-27-2009   #25
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Quote:
I think many would be surprised at the number of Cowboys fans that hold PSLs for the Texans, so there is a vested interest there while still supporting their own. I can guarantee that the animosity is one-sided. It would be most surprising to see a Texan fan in Cowboys stadium, but any attention drawn would be more out of curiousity than anger.
If they invest in PSLs why not a Texans shirt at least, not even a jersey just a shirt, doesn't even have to be nice, maybe from Wal-Mart.

My guess is Cowboys fans already have their rivalries with their history. We don't have much history and thus we don't have many rivals really. Tennessee is probably our biggest, but outside of that we don't have a big rival. So as Dallas may not see it as a rivalry most of us do for whatever reason it may be. For me I just dislike Dallas and all their sports teams, but that's just me. It started from a young age and grew from there before the Texans existed.

If you live in Houston, own a PSL, and go to all the Texans games why is it so hard to put on something Texans and leave your giant foam hat at home? Wait until after the game put on your Cowboys gear go to a Sports Bar and watch their game? If you are going to be fans of both teams don't half ass it.
Old 10-27-2009   #26
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am an die-hard card toting Cowboys fans, so I hope this doesn't happen. But, could you imagine Carr being in the right place at the right time and end up with a Super Bowl ring?
I think he only missed one by a year in New York (??)
Old 10-27-2009   #27
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I thought he had one?
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-27-2009   #28
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
I thought he had one?
I thought the Giants won in 2007? If so Carr was in Carolina..
Old 10-27-2009   #29
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I guess living in Houston you don't meet them.... come on over to San Antonio, wear your Texans gear, and I'll introduce you to the rudest, foulest, most hateful Sowboy fans on the face of the planet when it comes to the Texans. Ask any one stuck in Dallas South what their experience with Sowboy fans are....you'll all wake up LOL
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009   #30
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
If they invest in PSLs why not a Texans shirt at least, not even a jersey just a shirt, doesn't even have to be nice, maybe from Wal-Mart.

My guess is Cowboys fans already have their rivalries with their history. We don't have much history and thus we don't have many rivals really. Tennessee is probably our biggest, but outside of that we don't have a big rival. So as Dallas may not see it as a rivalry most of us do for whatever reason it may be. For me I just dislike Dallas and all their sports teams, but that's just me. It started from a young age and grew from there before the Texans existed.

If you live in Houston, own a PSL, and go to all the Texans games why is it so hard to put on something Texans and leave your giant foam hat at home? Wait until after the game put on your Cowboys gear go to a Sports Bar and watch their game? If you are going to be fans of both teams don't half ass it.
To answer the first question, I will answer with a question. If the Texans declare a white-out day, why do Texans fans insist on wearing Red even it it's the same color as the opposing team just because the wardrobe includes a red jersey and not a white one?

I am not as bold as big hat, but I do have my earrings, bracelet, t-shirt under the jersey, and color coordinated sneakers, pictures of my experience in the new stadium just in case I run into the brethern. (smiles)
Old 10-27-2009   #31
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I thought the Giants won in 2007? If so Carr was in Carolina..
yea they did but for some reason I thought David had been a Giant for 3 years now..and was there during that SB. Guess not. Thanks!
Old 10-27-2009   #32
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
I guess living in Houston you don't meet them.... come on over to San Antonio, wear your Texans gear, and I'll introduce you to the rudest, foulest, most hateful Sowboy fans on the face of the planet when it comes to the Texans. Ask any one stuck in Dallas South what their experience with Sowboy fans are....you'll all wake up LOL
I don't question your experience, but I am acquainted with a lot of the brethern, and I am yet to find one preoccupied with the Texans.
Old 10-27-2009   #33
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
yea they did but for some reason I thought David had been a Giant for 3 years now..and was there during that SB. Guess not. Thanks!
TexanBill responded before I had a chance, and Carr was with Carolina when we gave the SuperBowl to the Giants.
Old 10-27-2009   #34
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 29448 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't question your experience, but I am acquainted with a lot of the brethern, and I am yet to find one preoccupied with the Texans.
Well my invite was to Double Barrel, but I'm a cordial old man, you're welcome to come over as well...but leave your sowboy gear at home, that way you can get the full experience
Old 10-27-2009   #35
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
TexanBill responded before I had a chance, and Carr was with Carolina when we gave the SuperBowl to the Giants.
thanks again..I just had that in my head that he had a ring...
Old 10-27-2009   #36
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Quote:
Well my invite was to Double Barrel, but I'm a cordial old man, you're welcome to come over as well...but leave your sowboy gear at home, that way you can get the full experience
So you could be cordial to big ole me? If there's food I will come, but to ask me to be stripped of anything Cowboys related is just wrong.
Old 10-27-2009   #37
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Quote:
So you could be cordial to big ole me? If there's food I will come, but to ask me to be stripped of anything Cowboys related is just wrong.
Sure I could, I have relatives that support that team, of course they're loud, brash, a-holes, but I always treat them nicely. Food? Sheesh, you stated you were big, I'm on a fixed income LOL And how can ya get the treatment from your brethren if they know you're one of them?
Old 10-27-2009   #38
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Quote:
Sure I could, I have relatives that support that team, of course they're loud, brash, a-holes, but I always treat them nicely. Food? Sheesh, you stated you were big, I'm on a fixed income LOL And how can ya get the treatment from your brethren if they know you're one of them?
Good one! But, truth be told, excuses about us or whatever, we are not boring, huh?
Old 10-27-2009   #39
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Hey, flatout, I admire those guys on this board that support both teams. It's a farcry from what I run across daily in dealing with boyz fans. Most are hard pressed to name any player on the Dallas team other than Romo. I can't respect ignorance, and a big mouth
Old 10-27-2009   #40
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Quote:
Hey, flatout, I admire those guys on this board that support both teams. It's a farcry from what I run across daily in dealing with boyz fans. Most are hard pressed to name any player on the Dallas team other than Romo. I can't respect ignorance, and a big mouth
Those can be found on any team, and if for some unfortunate reason the Boyz become a 2-14 team, they will be off to the next team, Texans when they become winners. I am fully aware of our roster and whose one it, who comes in, who leaves, weekly reports, stadium pros and cons, you name it, I know it. I can understand lack of respect for ignorance to anything beyond a team's name, or somewhat the knowledge of the team can be compared to see Spot run, yawn.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read