Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 10-26-2009   #1
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14
Default Cowgirls Fans at the Game(s)

Your team is not playing so don't wear your Cowgirls apparel to a Texans game. This especially goes to the douche who wears the huge foam Cowgirls hat that I have seen the past 2 games around the 516 section.

I get it, we have fans in Houston who like the Cowgirls, but don't wear gear to a game they aren't even playing in. When I went to the Broncos game a few weeks ago I purposely did not wear any Texans gear because it made no sense at all. I saw a guy with a PManning jersey and some Buffalo Bills fans at that game as well, and they got more crap than the Patriots fans who were there watching their actual team play.

I get it, you can wear whatever the hell you want to wear, but when you come into our house wearing a giant foam Cowgirls hat a line has to be drawn, especially when you are playing AT HOME vs the Falcons. Head up I-45 to Jerryland spend your life savings, enjoy sub-par tailgating, and wear Cowgirls gear from head-to-toe.

I understand you want to enjoy the best tailgating in the NFL and enjoy reasonably priced seats and concessions, but please for heaven's sake leave your Cowgirls crap at home, or in the car until the game is over.

It is classless, distasteful, and stupid. No matter what NFL game I go to, unless the Texans are playing I won't wear any Texans gear to the game.

Off my soapbox!
Old 10-26-2009   #2
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cowgirls Fans at the Game(s)

Just complain to the usher you can't see cause of the huge hat.
Old 10-26-2009   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWarren14 View Post
Your team is not playing so don't wear your Cowgirls apparel to a Texans game. This especially goes to the douche who wears the huge foam Cowgirls hat that I have seen the past 2 games around the 516 section.

I get it, we have fans in Houston who like the Cowgirls, but don't wear gear to a game they aren't even playing in. When I went to the Broncos game a few weeks ago I purposely did not wear any Texans gear because it made no sense at all. I saw a guy with a PManning jersey and some Buffalo Bills fans at that game as well, and they got more crap than the Patriots fans who were there watching their actual team play.

I get it, you can wear whatever the hell you want to wear, but when you come into our house wearing a giant foam Cowgirls hat a line has to be drawn, especially when you are playing AT HOME vs the Falcons. Head up I-45 to Jerryland spend your life savings, enjoy sub-par tailgating, and wear Cowgirls gear from head-to-toe.

I understand you want to enjoy the best tailgating in the NFL and enjoy reasonably priced seats and concessions, but please for heaven's sake leave your Cowgirls crap at home, or in the car until the game is over.

It is classless, distasteful, and stupid. No matter what NFL game I go to, unless the Texans are playing I won't wear any Texans gear to the game.

Off my soapbox!
Really?? That's the ultimate douche, right there.

That's worse than this fail.

Old 10-26-2009   #4
gwallaia

Rep Power: 68496 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

JoeTexan threw a flag on a Cowboy fan on his way into the stadium.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009   #5
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Eh. Wear your colors. Nothing wrong with doing that. I'll always wear my Texans jersey no matter what stadium and no matter who's playing. It's all about going to a football game and having a blast.

The foam hat might have been a bit much but take one gander over at the bullpen and one shouldn't complain. I'm not saying it's a bad thing out there in the bullpen. I actually love it and am devising an elaborate getup of my own but the point remains... Wear your colors with pride is what I say. I get a lot of heat wearing my Texans garb in Austin.
Old 10-26-2009   #6
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Off my soapbox!
I completely agree with you JW. It makes no sense to me, and it's something I would not do, simply a personal feeling. I just think it's classless. The only time I've ever done that is when the SB was played here. I wanted both the Pats and Panthers fans to know we as Texans were their host, and I was respectful to both teams fans, although the Pats fans sure tried my patience.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009   #7
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

I noticed that too. It would be funnier if Atalnta could've lost by less than 4!!
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-26-2009   #8
hellbentforfootball
Rookie

Rep Power: 219 hellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respectedhellbentforfootball is a quality contributor and well respected

Yesterday at the game when I saw said gear, I happily got the loser' attention and told them, either Cowboys suck or your team sucks. And just laughed at them as I walked away. Your right Comboy gear has no place at Reliant stadium unless the Cowboys are there.
hellbentforfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009   #9
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellbentforfootball View Post
Yesterday at the game when I saw said gear, I happily got the loser' attention and told them, either Cowboys suck or your team sucks. And just laughed at them as I walked away. Your right Comboy gear has no place at Reliant stadium unless the Cowboys are there.
I noticed it too...I really dislike seeing these like that. I want to ask them where are they?? I saw one lady at the St. Arnolds tailgate with a pink Cowboys jersey. I just stared and shook my head.

When I go to Titans game during the holidays when I am home, I just wear regular clothes...I won't wear Texans attire...because they are not playing...I try to be respectful when I am in another team's stadium as a visitor.
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009   #10
Battle Red Flash
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Battle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performerBattle Red Flash is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Your team is not playing so don't wear your Cowgirls apparel to a Texans game. This especially goes to the douche who wears the huge foam Cowgirls hat that I have seen the past 2 games around the 516 section

Off my soapbox!
I can almost understand Cowboy fan in Houston. They won some Super Bowls way back when. But the ones that I really cannot fathom is Titans fan. They wear Titans gear to a game in Houston not featuring the Titans. (or they live here and still like the Titans) Once Houston got the 32nd team, it was time to cut your cord from Bud Adams. The stooge stole football from Houston! He never lost money here! Get over it and join the Texans fans.
Old 10-26-2009   #11
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Flash View Post
I can almost understand Cowboy fan in Houston. They won some Super Bowls way back when. But the ones that I really cannot fathom is Titans fan. They wear Titans gear to a game in Houston not featuring the Titans. (or they live here and still like the Titans) Once Houston got the 32nd team, it was time to cut your cord from Bud Adams. The stooge stole football from Houston! He never lost money here! Get over it and join the Texans fans.
I think it's more of them wearing Vince Young jerseys than Titans jerseys. Vince IS from Houston and has a large following as a result of that.

I could be wrong but it's just what I think.
Old 10-26-2009   #12
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

No matter what jersey one wears, we all go to the games to watch some NFL football just the same.
Old 10-26-2009   #13
JWarren14
Beer Me

Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected

Another thing that kind of rubbed me the wrong way was after the game a group of people in the Yellow Lot decided to blare the old Houston Oilers song. You know "We're the Houston Oilers, the Houston Oilers, Houston Oilers #1."

Uhhhhh.....WTF?

Outside of the large foam hat and this incident it was an AWESOME day! If only we had weather like that every Sunday!
Old 10-26-2009   #14
JWarren14
Beer Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
No matter what jersey one wears, we all go to the games to watch some NFL football just the same.
I think it was more of WHAT he was wearing more than WHO he was supporting, but either way it ain't right IMO.

I saw another fan with a Texans shirt on but a Cowboys hat and I can live with that, but not decked out in full costume.
Old 10-26-2009   #15
BullPenPhotos
Veteran

Rep Power: 28861 BullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If only we had weather like that every Sunday!
I am just glad the weather waited until today to get nasty...That would have been a not-so-great tailgate...
Try my All Purpose Spice Mix
Andys-Spice-Mix.com
BullPenPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009   #16
Drew_Smoke
@Drew_Smoke

Section: 117 FF
Rep Power: 611 Drew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respectedDrew_Smoke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2bKay View Post
I noticed it too...I really dislike seeing these like that. I want to ask them where are they?? I saw one lady at the St. Arnolds tailgate with a pink Cowboys jersey. I just stared and shook my head.
I saw her too...she looked a wee bit confused didn't she?
Drew_Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009   #17
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roc Hoover View Post
I saw her too...she looked a wee bit confused didn't she?
Yes she was...
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009   #18
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaayteetx View Post
Just complain to the usher you can't see cause of the huge hat.
does not work in the Bull Pen

But I am on board with No Cowboys Gear in reliant at all
Old 10-27-2009   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Great phone call to 610 this morning, Joe Texan! Nice to hear you prop both the Bull Pen and Gridiron, Tx., and I got a chuckle out of you calling them out with the Barry Manilow concert blast.
Old 10-27-2009   #20
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 36463 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I think many would be surprised at the number of Cowboys fans that hold PSLs for the Texans, so there is a vested interest there while still supporting their own. I can guarantee that the animosity is one-sided. It would be most surprising to see a Texan fan in Cowboys stadium, but any attention drawn would be more out of curiousity than anger.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read