Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 10-25-2009   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bradford intends to enter NFL draft after surgery

Quote:
ST. LOUIS (AP)—Heisman Trophy winner Sam Bradford will have season-ending shoulder surgery and expects to enter the NFL draft in April.

The Oklahoma quarterback injured his right, throwing shoulder twice this season, most recently against Texas on Oct. 10.

The school announced Sunday that Dr. James Andrews will perform the operation Wednesday in Birmingham, Ala. Bradford is expected to address reporters following the Sooners’ practice on Monday night in Norman, Okla.

“I dreamed about coming to Oklahoma my whole life,” Bradford said Sunday in a statement. “That’s the reason I came back for this season. And I came back to play, not sit on the bench. That’s the reason I tried to play after the injury. I’m very disappointed that it didn’t work out differently.

“Under these circumstances, and after talking to several people, this is the right thing for me to do at this point.”

Bradford passed up the chance to be a first-round NFL draft pick this year— he was projected as high as No. 1 overall—to play another season with the Sooners, who he grew up following as a child in Oklahoma City.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...v=ap&type=lgns
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009   #2
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bradford intends to enter NFL draft after surgery

Matt Stafford appreciates that $41 million Bradford gave up.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009   #3
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't be surprised if he's the first QB taken. Provided the surgery is successful and I guess there is no reason to think it won't be.

Good kid. Best of luck to him.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009   #4
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 174245 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if he's the first QB taken. Provided the surgery is successful and I guess there is no reason to think it won't be.

Good kid. Best of luck to him.
Lots of questionmarks .... Lot of money to give a guy who may or may not be healthy being the first QB taken.

Of the other QB's draft elegible , how high would the first one go at this point ?

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009   #5
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 28657 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
Lots of questionmarks .... Lot of money to give a guy who may or may not be healthy being the first QB taken.

Of the other QB's draft elegible , how high would the first one go at this point ?
I see Bradford going very, very early. Of the teams that are, lets be nice, not doing amazingly well this year, there are a few QB questionmarks. The Rams have an aging Bulger, and a franchise QB could be useful. The Redskins, well, heck knows what they're up to. Jason Campbell is hot and cold, and then the two young backups seem not to be in vogue with the (current) coaching staff, will depend on who replaces Zorn I think. The Titans still have their VY experiment to finish so are no-goers. The Browns seem to have no luck with their of their QBs, although I'd still be surprised if they hit the first round for a QB again, so soon after Quinn. Tampa have their young QB in Freeman. The Panthers could really do with a QB, and I think Bradford would fit the mould very nicely with the strong running game around him.

I think he'll end up landing in Carolina, St Louis, or perhaps Seattle. As things stand at the moment, a lot of the struggling teams are in the process of getting their new QB into their team, or have recently been burned in the first round for a QB.

Either way, I can see Bradford going early.
Old 10-26-2009   #6
SF49erFaithful
Crabtree FTW

Rep Power: 41 SF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
I see Bradford going very, very early. Of the teams that are, lets be nice, not doing amazingly well this year, there are a few QB questionmarks. The Rams have an aging Bulger, and a franchise QB could be useful. The Redskins, well, heck knows what they're up to. Jason Campbell is hot and cold, and then the two young backups seem not to be in vogue with the (current) coaching staff, will depend on who replaces Zorn I think. The Titans still have their VY experiment to finish so are no-goers. The Browns seem to have no luck with their of their QBs, although I'd still be surprised if they hit the first round for a QB again, so soon after Quinn. Tampa have their young QB in Freeman. The Panthers could really do with a QB, and I think Bradford would fit the mould very nicely with the strong running game around him.

I think he'll end up landing in Carolina, St Louis, or perhaps Seattle. As things stand at the moment, a lot of the struggling teams are in the process of getting their new QB into their team, or have recently been burned in the first round for a QB.

Either way, I can see Bradford going early.
Too bad we have Carolina's first rounder . Hope we don't get near Bradford though. That guy has bust written all over him.
Old 10-26-2009   #7
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF49erFaithful View Post
Too bad we have Carolina's first rounder . Hope we don't get near Bradford though. That guy has bust written all over him.
Really? I see him as the safest QB in the draft. He needs to add some weight, but dang, he looks pretty good.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-26-2009   #8
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think he'll be a bust either.
Old 10-26-2009   #9
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he will be a good QB, but would not spend top 5 money on him - before or after the injury.
Old 10-26-2009   #10
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
Over McCoy???? Really????

Not to sound like a homer.....but no frikkin way.
Old 10-26-2009   #11
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD View Post

There's about 4 QB's (at least) that I think will be taken over McCoy.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009   #12
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD View Post

Love the Horns but I seriously think Bradford will be taken before Colt.

Provided this shoulder issue is cleared up with the surgery he's having obviously.
Old 10-26-2009   #13
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

If I were running a NFL team I would take Bradford, Clausen, and maybe even Jake Locker before McCoy.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009   #14
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

What a year to need a QB. Should all be gone by Round 2.

Jimmy Clausen
Sam Bradford
Jake Locker
Jevan Snead
Colt McCoy
Tim Tebow

Zac Robinson
Max Hall
Tony Pike
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009   #15
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post

Jimmy Clausen
Sam Bradford
Jake Locker
Jevan Snead
Colt McCoy
Tim Tebow

Zac Robinson
Max Hall
Tony Pike
since there are so many quality quarterbacks, several of them are guaranteed to return their senior year.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009   #16
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Jimmy Clausen
Sam Bradford
Jake Locker
Jevan Snead
Colt McCoy
Tim Tebow

Zac Robinson
Max Hall
Tony Pike
Don't forget small school guys Tim Hiller and Dan LeFevour.
Old 10-26-2009   #17
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
since there are so many quality quarterbacks, several of them are guaranteed to return their senior year.
They are all seniors except the top four. The only ones I think would return are Locker and Snead.
Old 10-26-2009   #18
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Is Mallet set to come out this year?
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009   #19
bah007
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Is Mallet set to come out this year?
He is a redshirt sophomore so he is eligible. It would be foolish of him to enter the draft though. He is not close to ready.
Old 10-26-2009   #20
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
There's about 4 QB's (at least) that I think will be taken over McCoy.
So that makes 5 ahead of Bradford then.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read