Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-25-2009   #1
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Owen Daniels

Stats thus far:
Receptions: 39, 2nd in the NFL among TE's (H. Miller first with 40)
Yards: 497, 1st in the NFL among TE's (D. Clark second with 485)
TD's: 5, T-2nd in the NFL with Shiancoe among TE's (V. Davis has 6 after today)

Not to mention if you've been watching the games you know how incredibly clutch his play has been this season. He's a complete TE and in this offense he's a top 5 player at his position, not to mention he seems like a great locker room guy and team player.

Can we re-sign him soon, please?
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009   #2
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84
Default Re: Owen Daniels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
Stats thus far:

Not to mention if you've been watching the games you know how incredibly clutch his play has been this season. He's a complete TE and in this offense he's a top 5 player at his position, not to mention he seems like a great locker room guy and team player.

in other words, "Pay me Rick!" and it's not even written on his shoes.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009   #3
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 118532 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

If only I could watch him throw a block without cringing.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104725 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Houston made a mistake by not resigning him this past offseason...

Now he's going to demand rediculous money.

Houston will probably franchise him and then we'll lose him after another year. I just don't see them spending that kinda coin on that position when we have alot of players that we also have to sign.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009   #5
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 108383 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Houston made a mistake by not resigning him this past offseason...

Now he's going to demand rediculous money.

Houston will probably franchise him and then we'll lose him after another year. I just don't see them spending that kinda coin on that position when we have alot of players that we also have to sign.
Exactly, especially if he keeps this pace up.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 388264 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, cuz it was just sooooo foolhardy of the Texans to offer him top 3 TE money.
Old 10-25-2009   #7
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
in other words, "Pay me Rick!" and it's not even written on his shoes.
X 2 Owen, Demeco and MAYBE Robinson will get paid. We will win, they will get paid. Hollar.
Old 10-25-2009   #8
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
Stats thus far:

Bob Mcnair, and I agree with him on this, has told his players:
"Win, THEN you'll get payed."

Mr. Mcnair does NOT appear to be a "Drayton Mcclain" type owner. He
genuinely will pay to win, not just to fill the seats. The players get the
message. If they win, they will get payed. No more long-term deals
for mediocrity.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009   #9
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 104725 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Yeah, cuz it was just sooooo foolhardy of the Texans to offer him top 3 TE money.
He would've been a hell of alot easier to negotiate with last offseason (instead of pretty much cutting off all talks), than it will be this offseason.....when we won't be able to talk him off top 3 TE money. He's going to cost more money now, that can't even be argued.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009   #10
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He would've been a hell of alot easier to negotiate with last offseason (instead of pretty much cutting off all talks), than it will be this offseason.....when we won't be able to talk him off top 3 TE money. He's going to cost more money now, that can't even be argued.
No need to argue about it now at all, I agree. He is worth it and we have to pay him, no way we let him walk if he keeps up this kind of production. Would have been nice to have gotten something worked out before this season started but the cats outta the bag now, he is one of the best TEs in the league.
Old 10-25-2009   #11
qman_tx
Veteran

Rep Power: 80 qman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respectedqman_tx is a quality contributor and well respected

I now understand McNair's agenda, but Daniels is commited! He is spending extra time learning special teams? His performance this year and last year. Doesn't that count to give him his deal?
qman_tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009   #12
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I am willing to admit that I was in the Owen Daniels is not a Top 5 TE club.

Old 10-25-2009   #13
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
I am willing to admit that I was in the Owen Daniels is not a Top 5 TE club.

I'm with ya. I was in the wait and see - 1. how Daniels plays, 2. if Casey can make an immediate impact and show signs of being a great pass catching TE.

I waited, I saw, now it's time to re-sign Daniels...
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009   #14
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 388264 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I understand wanting to sign him. Great. At least one report was he was offered #2 in the league TE money when everyone around thought the #1 in the league money was stupid. Seriously, other than the result of having him signed what would you have had them do? I mean other than whatever OD wanted is there an acceptable answer?
Old 10-26-2009   #15
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16557 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

i deff think we should resign hmmm but will they ????? after getting like two TE in the draft last year

should we think about resigning Kevin walter or Dunta instead ????
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009   #16
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

I hope to God we sign this guy. He's been my favorite player since 2006. And he's making my signature look goooooooood.
Old 10-26-2009   #17
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21314 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Bob Mcnair, and I agree with him on this, has told his players:
"Win, THEN you'll get payed."

Mr. Mcnair does NOT appear to be a "Drayton Mcclain" type owner. He
genuinely will pay to win, not just to fill the seats. The players get the
message. If they win, they will get payed. No more long-term deals
for mediocrity.
When I first read about McNair saying that I was really impressed. On so many levels I love that this is his approach. Not only does it motivate the players to perform at a high level but it motivates them to raise the play of those around them as well.

I think it's a brilliant move that will cost this team dearly from a dollars and sense stand point but that will pay off magnificently from a success stand point.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009   #18
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 95001 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't mind opening the vault for Owen Daniels. He's turned into a top 5 (even top 3) TE. Not bad for 4th round Casserly pick.

Owen Daniels is worth it. Dunta's not.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009   #19
SF49erFaithful
Crabtree FTW

Rep Power: 41 SF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respected

He's not bad.
Old 10-26-2009   #20
Air Canada
Veteran

Rep Power: 791 Air Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF49erFaithful View Post
He's not bad.
He's a top 5 or even top 3 TE in this league....Yeah, he's not bad...not bad AT ALL!
Air Canada is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read