Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Great Escape...

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
That's what this game should be dubbed from now on. I am relieved we got out of there with a win today. The Texans are an inconsistent team, we all understand that, but usually we start slow and finish strong this time we did the opposite. Lucky for us we were able to do just enough to win the game in the 2nd half.

Frank Bush had no idea how to get this defense to adjust when Alex Smith entered the game. I keep harping on it but that's because its true. Some veteran leadership on this team would've helped us a whole lot today and made this game not a heart attack waiting to happen. After Smith's first td drive we should've had an answer for him, not on his last drive when he went into desperation mode.

Lucky for us the Houston Texans made the great escape today. Its something other teams (Cardinals, Titans in 07) get to talk about doing after they've squandered a big lead against the Texans and then do just enough to get out of there with a win once we come back. Today it happened the other way around and i've gotta tell you it feels a lot better winning this type of game than losing.

Other Thoughts:

Slaton is close to becoming a liability if it wasn't for his big plays. Unfortunately we're not going to be able to bench him anytime soon with AJ's injury that might cost him some game time, we've gotta have as many playmakers on the field as we can. I'm thinking we need to use a 1st or 2nd round pick in the draft to find the actual feature back for this team and put Slaton in the role he was originally drafted for as a 3rd down back/receiving option out of the backfield. We cant trust him to hold on to the ball and we cant put teams away when the only other guys we give carries to is Chris Brown when Slaton fumbles.

AJ nobody knows anything right now and with the coachspeak we wont know anything until the Bills game when we see the inactives report. I just hope he's okay and this was a minor mishap. Lets all hope he doesn't miss any games over this injury and it doesn't nag him the rest of the season. He's our best player and we need him more than anyone else.

OD is starting to become an elite TE. He stepped up big making key catches on the FG drive when AJ left the game.

We're gonna need to get the running game going next week. Its gonna be hard to pass on the Bills especially if AJ isn't playing.

This game was the Arizona game redux, except this time we were the home team that escaped by the skin of their teeth.

I don't feel good about this win but I can't help but feel it was Karmic retribution for the goal line stand in AZ