Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2009   #1
mattieuk
Site Contributor
 
mattieuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,048
Rep Power: 18345 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Start 'Em: Jacoby Jones vs Bernard Berrian

Ok, this will be a non brainier to the non-homers out there probably, but still.

Berrian hasn't been doing the job like he was last year, and against the Steelers he should have a very very tough day.

In contrast Jacoby has picked up a TD in his past 4 games, and looks like a new receiving option for Matty.

The question is, how much faith is to be placed in Jacoby for tomorrow.

If it swings the decision, Schaub and AJ are also in my team as must-starts (too many eggs in the Texans basket?).
__________________
Eat Football. Sleep Football. Watch Texans.
mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009   #2
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame
 
Carr Bombed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wherever the US govt. sends me
Posts: 13,472
Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Start 'Em: Jacoby Jones vs Bernard Berrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
Ok, this will be a non brainier to the non-homers out there probably, but still.

Berrian hasn't been doing the job like he was last year, and against the Steelers he should have a very very tough day.

In contrast Jacoby has picked up a TD in his past 4 games, and looks like a new receiving option for Matty.

The question is, how much faith is to be placed in Jacoby for tomorrow.

If it swings the decision, Schaub and AJ are also in my team as must-starts (too many eggs in the Texans basket?).
Actaully I have Jacoby on my fanstasy team and he's been my biggest steal. The guy has put up about 14-17 points every week for my team since I picked him up (assuming your league doesn't devalue returning yards...Jacoby has put up major production). He has put up the same fantasy production as Darren Sproles has for my team...

But like you said, you don't really know if he's going to get in the endzone, because he doesn't get alot of catches (although he's found his way in there every week for me except one).

One thing you should also take into consideration with Berrian though, is he's been losing ALOT of productin due to the emergence of Sidney Rice (another steal I picked off the waiver wire). Rice has pretty much become that teams #1 WR and it looks like Farve is starting to look his way ALOT. That guy has put up great #s the last couple of weeks and I think it's really starting to hurt Berrian's value.

This if funny, because the pickle I'm in, is I don't know who to start between Rice and Jacoby. I'm leaning towards Rice, but if I had to choose between Berrian and Jacoby, I'd probably take Jacoby. Berrian has barely produced the last two weeks and he's playing a decent defense. Jacoby will probably out produce him on return yards alone.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 10-25-2009 at 01:06 AM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009   #3
mattieuk
Site Contributor
 
mattieuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,048
Rep Power: 18345 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Start 'Em: Jacoby Jones vs Bernard Berrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Actaully I have Jacoby on my fanstasy team and he's been my biggest steal. The guy has put up about 14-17 points every week for my team since I picked him up (assuming your league doesn't devalue returning yards...Jacoby has put up major production). He has put up the same fantasy production as Darren Sproles has for my team...

But like you said, you don't really know if he's going to get in the endzone, because he doesn't get alot of catches (although he's found his way in there every week for me except one).

One thing you should also take into consideration with Berrian though, is he's been losing ALOT of productin due to the emergence of Sidney Rice (another steal I picked off the waiver wire). Rice has pretty much become that teams #1 WR and it looks like Farve is starting to look his way ALOT. That guy has put up great #s the last couple of weeks and I think it's really starting to hurt Berrian's value.

This if funny, because the pickle I'm in, is I don't know who to start between Rice and Jacoby. I'm leaning towards Rice, but if I had to choose between Berrian and Jacoby, I'd probably take Jacoby. Berrian has barely produced the last two weeks and he's playing a decent defense. Jacoby will probably out produce him on return yards alone.
It gives normal receiving level points for return TDs, but none just for the yards.

I'm definitely swinging Jacoby's way. Theres just no way he is a guy to rely on (yet at least...).
__________________
Eat Football. Sleep Football. Watch Texans.
mattieuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009   #4
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame
 
Carr Bombed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wherever the US govt. sends me
Posts: 13,472
Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Start 'Em: Jacoby Jones vs Bernard Berrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattieuk View Post
It gives normal receiving level points for return TDs, but none just for the yards.
My league gives points for all purpose yards....I don't know, that changes things alot.

So bascially Jones has to cash in for you? I never understood league's like that, because what if Jones has a 80 yard return but is ran out right before the endzone? That HUGE 80 yard play just doesn't count?

You might want to stick with Berrian then, but if you start Jacoby atleast you got something extra to root for on Sundays...
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger