Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TCU v BYU

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog
Haven't had time to be in here tonight but my Frogs are looking for real and are taking it to the Cougars. 38-7 right now.

El Tejano

Hall of Fame
Did I hear correctly on ESPN that if one of the top 3 screw up and lose, TCU has the best chance to end up playing for the National Championship should they keep winning?

WolverineFan

Hall of Fame
Did I hear correctly on ESPN that if one of the top 3 screw up and lose, TCU has the best chance to end up playing for the National Championship should they keep winning?
TCU is #5 in the BCS right now and is actually ahead of Texas in the computer rankings at #4. Texas is #5.

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog
We still have a tough Utah game and in all my years as an alum and fan we always seem to have one let down game vs a weaker team. So hopefully they keep focused.

nunusguy

Hall of Fame
TCU is #5 in the BCS right now and is actually ahead of Texas in the computer rankings at #4. Texas is #5.
The Horned-Frogs (love that name, there must be some kinda interesting history in how they got it ?) are more deserving than UT to go to the big game. UT has played no one while TCU has played atleast 2 real strong opponents in BYU and (I think ?) Virginia.
I also think Boise State would be deserving. Hey, why not TCU vs. BSU ?

WolverineFan

Hall of Fame
The Horned-Frogs (love that name, there must be some kinda interesting history in how they got it ?) are more deserving than UT to go to the big game. UT has played no one while TCU has played atleast 2 real strong opponents in BYU and (I think ?) Virginia.
Clemson

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog
We have played Clemson, BYU and Virginia.

The Horned frog actually came about before the school was called TCU. Started in 1897. It is the State Reptile..since 1992. I know that Native Americans thought they had ancient powers. They can shoot blood from their eyes.

Last edited:

El Tejano

Hall of Fame
If there is one thing the BCS is good for, it's giving the smaller schools an opportunity to get ranked highly which gives them all a chance for the National Championship or a BCS bowl game and help recruiting with those games.

bah007

Hall of Fame
Seriously? Virginia lost to William & Mary the week before they lost to TCU.

I love TCU but you need a better argument that Virginia. They aren't exactly on the same level as Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma St.

Last edited:

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog
Seriously? Virginia lost to William & Mary the week before they lost to TCU.

I love TCU but you need a better argument that Virginia. They aren't exactly on the same level as Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma St.
Clemson was the strong second team...Utah will be 3rd big test.