Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-23-2009   #1
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 21 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer
Default Worried - I'm Feeling Confident

I am getting worried because I am getting excited about this weekend's game and feeling good about our chances. I am 0 for 3 this season when I get this feeling in my gut...
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Worried - I'm Feeling Confident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
I am getting worried because I am getting excited about this weekend's game and feeling good about our chances. I am 0 for 3 this season when I get this feeling in my gut...
I'm number 782 I believe you are waiting in the same line at number 783.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009   #3
Bryon
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Bryon was voted MVPBryon was voted MVPBryon was voted MVPBryon was voted MVP

SOaB!!!

49ers Michael Lewis (starting SS) is out vs Houston.

This opens up the entire right side of the field for Schaub and AJ.

Oh joy.
Bryon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009   #4
Bryon
Rookie

Rep Power: 9 Bryon was voted MVPBryon was voted MVPBryon was voted MVPBryon was voted MVP

Please keep feeling good about this game though. Hopefully you are 0-4 after Sunday afternoon.
Old 10-23-2009   #5
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I'm worried, because i'm going to the game this Sunday, and the one game i didn't go to so far this year(Raiders, complicated reasons)was the only time they won at home this year. It may be because i wore my battle red Demeco jersey to both, but i'm going to wear my new cushing one and hope the third time is the charm.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009   #6
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm with you. They have always seemed to win the games you least expect and to lose win they are favored.
Old 10-23-2009   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 396984 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
lol! yeah, it's a strange feeling to have as a Texans fan. But go with it and enjoy it. I actually feel pretty good about Sunday, as well. I think it should be a good game, and if our Texans represent like we know they can, then our optimism will be rewarded accordingly.

Old 10-23-2009   #8
Bryon
Rookie

Please, keep these "good feelings about the game and we end up losing" posts coming.
Old 10-23-2009   #9
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Am I the only one that's really worried about this one?

Then again, we're 2-0 when that happens, so .
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009   #10
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Remember, the Texans are very consistent this year. They win one, lose one, win one lose one, etc etc.

Not a good sign for next week
Old 10-23-2009   #11
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Cushing has an injured foot. He may or may not go, but luckily Linebacker
is where we have the most depth. Bentley should do a good job if Cushing
can't go. It ain't like the 49ers' biggest threat is offense. I'd rest him
till the Colts game if it's a serious foot injury. Cush has not practiced all
week.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009   #12
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

This is the type of game that playoff teams win more than they lose. We are home with a team at our level. Deos not have to be eay or pretty, but almost has to be a win.
Old 10-23-2009   #13
Bryon
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
This is the type of game that playoff teams win more than they lose. We are home with a team at our level. Deos not have to be eay or pretty, but almost has to be a win.
I would assume that is the case for both teams. Both teams MUST win this game if they hope to make the playoffs.

SF is actually playing better on the road than they are at home (which is nice for a change). Hopefully they play the type of game they did vs the Vikings. If they do, they win. I doubt they do though.
Old 10-23-2009   #14
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 20949 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryon View Post
I would assume that is the case for both teams. Both teams MUST win this game if they hope to make the playoffs.

SF is actually playing better on the road than they are at home (which is nice for a change). Hopefully they play the type of game they did vs the Vikings. If they do, they win. I doubt they do though.
Sadly, It would appear, we are too.
Section516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009   #15
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Very good point. I am a bit worried about Frank Gore. Our rushing defense has been much better the past few games, but I hope we don't have a down game on Sunday.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009   #16
Bryon
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section516 View Post
Sadly, It would appear, we are too.
Well I am glad the game is in Houston then.

Here's to Crabtree being "welcomed to the NFL" with a gift TD.
Old 10-23-2009   #17
Bryon
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346 View Post
Very good point. I am a bit worried about Frank Gore. Our rushing defense has been much better the past few games, but I hope we don't have a down game on Sunday.
For the 49ers to win Sunday, Gore has to be a beast. He needs to have a Seattle type game where he breaks several long runs. It is sad that Gore is our biggest threat to break something long.
Old 10-23-2009   #18
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I was confident for the game vs. the Jets, then after that I threw confidence out the window and went with cautionary optimism.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009   #19
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 20949 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
For the 49ers to win Sunday, Gore has to be a beast. He needs to have a Seattle type game where he breaks several long runs. It is sad that Gore is our biggest threat to break something long.
This is why pollard with the Flu worries me, he is my security blanket.
Section516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009   #20
stevn8r
Zombie

Section: 117 Row F 18-19
Rep Power: 197 stevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to stevn8r

Quote:
Well I am glad the game is in Houston then.

Here's to Crabtree being "welcomed to the NFL" with a gift TD.
the only "welcome to the NFL" gift he will get is picking his ass up off the turf after being leveled by Pollard!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read