Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

VICTORY IS OURS!! Our email campaign worked! FOX will show Texans vs. 49ers!

DiehardChris

You betcha!
Er, I should add to that title - "In Austin"

Story

The Cowboys games starts at 315, so as long as the Texans game is over by then, we'll be fine. But remember - Fox WILL SWITCH THE FEED at 315 regardless of what's going on.

Good job everyone!

Thanks to all that emailed and called!!!

Holy Crap!! I guess Fox 7 really doesn't want to be another KEYE. Awesome news, I just called my dad and made his day. Together we decided Jerry Jones had something to do with the Texans getting snubbed on "his" NFL channel.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm e-mailing Fox 7 and thanking them for actually listening and making a change in order to do the right thing.

Thanks for posting this and making my dad's day DieHard!

Er, I should add to that title - "In Austin"

Story

The Cowboys games starts at 315, so as long as the Texans game is over by then, we'll be fine. But remember - Fox WILL SWITCH THE FEED at 315 regardless of what's going on.

Good job everyone!

Thanks to all that emailed and called!!!

Great job Chris! Great job everybody that emailed and called!!! Thank you so much!!!!! I feel like I won the lottery! :texflag:

Holy Crap!! I guess Fox 7 really doesn't want to be another KEYE. Awesome news, I just called my dad and made his day. Together we decided Jerry Jones had something to do with the Texans getting snubbed on "his" NFL channel.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm e-mailing Fox 7 and thanking them for actually listening and making a change in order to do the right thing.

F'sho. And thanks to you and all the others who sent emails and/or made phone calls!

Me too. Let's let them hear our appreciation:

I copied both sports@fox7.com; programming@fox7.com and I thank them. I also forwarded out the link to all that helped me and asked them too as well!!!

THANK YOU!!!!
From all Austin Texan’s Fans!!!

Sent: Friday, October 23, 2009 3:05 PM
To: Steve Owen
Subject: Re: Texans Game

fox 7 is airing texans-49ers
----- Original Message -----
To: sports@fox7.com
Sent: Friday, October 23, 2009 10:24 AM
Subject: Texans Game

Good morning,

Why on earth would y’all show the Vikings/Steelers game on Sunday? The Texans are playing!!!
I am a diehard Texans fan and I know a ton of fans here in Austin and I am confused as to the reasoning behind your decision! I am sure you realize that we live in TEXAS not Minnesota nor Pennsylvania! The Texans are in the hunt for a playoff berth and this is a game that is a must win!
Matt Schaub is the #1 rated QB in the league right now, Andre Johnson is the best receiver in the NFL, over the last 3 games the Defense is ranked #3!
On the other side of the ball, Michael Crabtree is starting his first game as a rookie after a LONG holdout (he played for a Texas college team you may remember)!
You don’t have to worry about what you are going up against on KEYE, they are showing Patriots/Bucs (yuck…that is a 60-0 blowout waiting to happen! And they are not even playing in the USA!!!) You are going to win the ratings battle no matter what you show! So, stay loyal to your LOCAL viewers! We are counting on you!!!
Please rectify this situation!

I await your response,

Steve Owen

That is cool!!

This is what we need to do next. Contact the RGV Fox station and tell them what the Austin station did. Tell them that a Texas station supports Texas teams. Use all those good arguments about Schaub and Crabtree.

Keep the fire brewing. Even if we don't get our way THIS time, it will make them think twice for next time.

:roast::roast::roast:

That is cool!!

This is what we need to do next. Contact the RGV Fox station and tell them what the Austin station did. Tell them that a Texas station supports Texas teams. Use all those good arguments about Schaub and Crabtree.

Keep the fire brewing. Even if we don't get our way THIS time, it will make them think twice for next time.

:roast::roast::roast:

Absolutely! Let's get on it!

(And I told you a respectable blogger such as yourself would make a big difference :wink )

"Since FOX 7 switched the games we will not be part of the mandatory kickoff for the Cowboys 3:15pm game."

So now we do not have to worry about losing the end of the game

Way to go guys!!!!!!!! That bit of news just made my day! I have so much respect for ALL our OOT fans, and know how I would feel if I was in the same situation! You all ROCK!!! Enjoy the game, and let's hope our Texans show Fox that they made the right decision.

GOOOO TEXANS!!!!!!!

Excellent job!

Now, can you guys do that in Japan as well? (I know, it is near impossible but just asking)

Go Austin Texans' fan!!!

Go Texans!!!

I'm not an Austin local but I went ahead and thanked them anyway. Here's what I wrote:

Thank you for switching the broadcasting, I'm not an Austin local but I have lot's of friends there that are Houston fans, many of whom spent a great deal of their childhood here. It means a lot to all of us that support our local Texas teams that you made this choice. Thanks again!

Vinnie

Maybe it will be good for them to hear from Houston locals, maybe it won't. Didn't figure it could hurt. :fans:

This is welcome news after a long, arduous work week. Here's hoping our Texans put the game away before 3:15 PM Sunday.

Do they even show that many NFL games over there?

Yes! Pay per view kind of thing and Public TV on cable. They show teams like Cowboys, 49ers, East coast teams and rarely shows Texans!

There's many Japanese lived in the states for business or education purpose and got to know NFL and like myself, hooked on NFL. Sadly, the most Japanese business people work in N.Y. West Coast and some in Chicago and Atlanta and very little in Houston. Cowboys got famous in Japan along with Cowboy's cheerleaders way back in 80's so this is why they still show Cowboys as well. (EHHHH)

Go Texans!!!

Last edited:
I just checked the listing and was shocked, congrats to all of you this is big deal fro Austin, now lets get a win. Its also a good thing I checked this thread I was setting my dvr as I will be present for this win!

Back