Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-22-2009   #1
Air Canada
Veteran

Rep Power: 790 Air Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Andre Johnson on his QB, the offense, and Crabtree...

A little interview with AJ... he talks about some unfair criticism for Schaub, basically that Crabtree would've been better off if he went to camp, and the offense clicking....

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/inde...74&play_clip=y

Let's go bring it to the Niners Sunday!

Air Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009   #2
Bryon
Rookie

Rep Power: 8 Bryon was voted MVPBryon was voted MVPBryon was voted MVPBryon was voted MVP
Default Re: Andre Johnson on his QB, the offense, and Crabtree...

Any chance you can summerize what he said about Crabtree? My laptop is horrible.
Bryon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009   #3
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 103337 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryon View Post
Any chance you can summerize what he said about Crabtree? My laptop is horrible.
Reporter: People say Crabtree is a lot like you. What do you think?

'dre: Wut? He ain't got no 'dre in him! He a'ight though. You know? Should of gone to camp.

Ok, so that's not exactly what he said, but it's what was in his eyes.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009   #4
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

He said he always took notice of his college plays and stats and will take the time to say congratulations to a WR for making it into the NFL because he knows what it takes.

He said he's heard the comparison to Andre but never met him to see how big he really was hahahaha...AJ's face says about as much as his mouth and his face said "C'mon now, he ain't as big as me. I'm Andre freaking Johnson. LOOK AT MY GUNS!!!!"
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009   #5
Bryon
Rookie

Rep Power: 8 Bryon was voted MVPBryon was voted MVPBryon was voted MVPBryon was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
He said he always took notice of his college plays and stats and will take the time to say congratulations to a WR for making it into the NFL because he knows what it takes.

He said he's heard the comparison to Andre but never met him to see how big he really was hahahaha...AJ's face says about as much as his mouth and his face said "C'mon now, he ain't as big as me. I'm Andre freaking Johnson. LOOK AT MY GUNS!!!!"

lulz
Old 10-22-2009   #6
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

He said missing training camp will catch up to Crabtree but you never if he'll come right in and be good.
Old 10-22-2009   #7
Air Canada
Veteran

Rep Power: 790 Air Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Reporter: "Crabtree hasn't played do you think it will be tough for him to get that timing with his QB?.."

AJ: "Timing develops over time with a player, like me and (Matt)..."

He also says that Crabtree would've been better helped going to camp, but he understands the whole contract thing and he thinks he was a great college player....

Reporter: "People often compare him to you....do you see those similarities?"...

I don't think he's sure about that by his response...

AJ: "Well...umm, I don't really know how big he is...I've heard it. I just think he's a great player and if he had went through camp we would really get to see what he can do in this league. He'll get his first chance on Sunday..."

He says he watched him in college and never had a chance to meet yet, but would congratulate him on being in the league and to just keep working hard...
Air Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-22-2009   #8
TimeKiller

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
lulz
I know I laughed when he made a LB and 2 DBs bounce off of him too...
Old 10-22-2009   #9
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 103337 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, as good as I think Crabtree will be, running over 650+ pounds to get into the endzone isn't going to be a part of his skill set.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009   #10
Bryon
Rookie

Quote:
I was laughing at your last three sentences, nothing else.
Old 10-22-2009   #11
TimeKiller

Boy

Man
Old 10-22-2009   #12
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

andre on his qb ? i can think of many things to go with that.......

a. andre and matt.....gay x lol
b. andre beating matt up
c. andre siting on matt
d. andre talking about matt.....

is it????????????

a

b

c

or

d
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009   #13
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatonisabeast View Post
andre on his qb ? i can think of many things to go with that.......

a. andre and matt.....gay x lol
b. andre beating matt up
c. andre siting on matt
d. andre talking about matt.....

is it????????????

a

b

c

or

d
Grow up.

Anyway, Crabtree was a great college receiver who definitely benefited from the system he played in. Johnson is a great Pro receiver who would be in the pro bowl in any system.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009   #14
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183543 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=rmartin65;1282749]Grow up.

Anyway, Crabtree was a great college receiver who definitely benefited from the system he played in. Johnson is a great Pro receiver who would be in the pro bowl in any system.[/QUOTE]

Definitely agree. This was an across the board criticism in draft profiles. The other very big difference is that he is not used to running deep routes. Furthermore, he was criticized for not having breakaway speed. He certainly was not feared by secondaries. Another AJ?........not a chance in Hell.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009   #15
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 3444 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected

He has to be the most humble superstar I have ever seen. I hope he is always a Texan.

That touchdown against the Cardinals is friggin' incredible.
tedr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009   #16
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 63514 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

[quote=CloakNNNdagger;1282776]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Grow up.

Definitely agree. This was an across the board criticism in draft profiles. The other very big difference is that he is not used to running deep routes. Furthermore, he was criticized for not having breakaway speed. He certainly was not feared by secondaries. Another AJ?........not a chance in Hell.
I don't think deep routes are an issue with Shaun Hill throwing.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 302162 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

OK I missed all the AJ v. Crabtree comparisons evidently and don't see them at all.
Old 10-23-2009   #18
Lucky

Rep Power: 136980 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
OK I missed all the AJ v. Crabtree comparisons evidently and don't see them at all.
Anquan Boldin (based upon Crabtree's potential) would be a more apt comparison.
Old 10-23-2009   #19
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51561 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Not sure where you got that idea. He may not have elite NFL speed but he definitely ran a fair amount of go and fly routes in college.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Anquan Boldin (based upon Crabtree's potential) would be a more apt comparison.
Yeah, Anquan and Crabtree are almost the exact same build physically but I don't think that Crabtree is nearly as slow as Boldin. Boldin ran a 4.71 at the combine, I was predicting a low to mid 4.5 if Crabtree would have been able to run.

Although they may be different builds, Crabtree has always reminded me of Brandon Marshall. Good hands, clean routes, as well as great lateral speed and agility give them the ability to make defenders miss in open space. Watch for San Fran to try and get him the ball in space on a bubble screen or some quick slants on Sunday. That's probably the only way he is going to be able to impact the game.

As far as Crabtree being compared to AJ, not even close. AJ is bigger, faster, stronger, and better than Crabtree will ever be IMO.

I guess I need to retire the avatar before Sunday. I loved rooting for the guy in college but this weekend he becomes my mortal enemy. So long Crabs.

Old 10-23-2009   #20
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Grow up.

Anyway, Crabtree was a great college receiver who definitely benefited from the system he played in. Johnson is a great Pro receiver who would be in the pro bowl in any system.
Wes Welker came from that same system.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read