Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 10-23-2009   #41
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sunday Open or Closed?

I dunno, when and where does the Texans organization officially publisize
their decision about roof policy for this weekend ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009   #42
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Sunday Open or Closed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Do you remember the name.... dare I say it.............

Elle

And WTF did everyone on here think she was my best friend? I sold her a ticket to the Saints game, SHEESH.

I appreciate the love I got (phone calls, e-mails, PM's) warning me, but pretend I have SOME street smarts
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009   #43
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 141004 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
And WTF did everyone on here think she was my best friend? I sold her a ticket to the Saints game, SHEESH.

I appreciate the love I got (phone calls, e-mails, PM's) warning me, but pretend I have SOME street smarts
You will sell tickets to just about anyone this side of Charles Manson .
Old 10-23-2009   #44
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 28282 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
You're a real class act ...

I don't ever neg rep people so enjoy, I am not prepared to tolerate you response to SheTexan.
WWAAHHH!!! WWAAHHH! WWAHH!!! Wow! The whining is turning into a hurricane. And thanks for the neg rep and for lying about it. Someone who has to put a sarcasm warning in his signature, calling names, and neg repping people says I need to be nicer??? Thanks for the tip.

I think SheTexan is a smart feisty lady who can fend for herself. She said I know nothing because I mentioned a visor would be helpful. I guess quoting several people, including her, complaining about the brightness and glare was just too much? Or was it because I agreed with her that the temperature is hotter in the sun or that sitting in the hot sun sucks? Or because I gave helpful advice to make her gameday experience more enjoyable? Or because I invited to come over and sit with my group? Or because I gently tweak someone with a little humor (too subtle for Mr "may contain sarcasm") for calling me a "know nothing"?

OK, I did point out that whining was whining, and that it has been going on for years on this very subject. I guess that makes me a know-nothing, classless act, asshat, newcomer, know-it-all instead of a quality poster who has a high post count by pointing out that other people's post counts are lower.

BTW, the forecast has moved from partly sunny to partly cloudy so maybe things will be more comfortable. But if I had a seat in the potentially sunny area I would still bring a towel, a visor, and buy a couple of bottles of water.
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009   #45
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
WWAAHHH!!! WWAAHHH! WWAHH!!! Wow! The whining is turning into a hurricane. And thanks for the neg rep and for lying about it. Someone who has to put a sarcasm warning in his signature, calling names, and neg repping people says I need to be nicer??? Thanks for the tip.

I think SheTexan is a smart feisty lady who can fend for herself. She said I know nothing because I mentioned a visor would be helpful. I guess quoting several people, including her, complaining about the brightness and glare was just too much? Or was it because I agreed with her that the temperature is hotter in the sun or that sitting in the hot sun sucks? Or because I gave helpful advice to make her gameday experience more enjoyable? Or because I invited to come over and sit with my group? Or because I gently tweak someone with a little humor (too subtle for Mr "may contain sarcasm") for calling me a "know nothing"?

OK, I did point out that whining was whining, and that it has been going on for years on this very subject. I guess that makes me a know-nothing, classless act, asshat, newcomer, know-it-all instead of a quality poster who has a high post count by pointing out that other people's post counts are lower.

BTW, the forecast has moved from partly sunny to partly cloudy so maybe things will be more comfortable. But if I had a seat in the potentially sunny area I would still bring a towel, a visor, and buy a couple of bottles of water.
Lying about what? I assure you, I just shoot from the hip, where did I do that. Because I said I never neg rep people? You were the exception so you should feel special.

Name calling, when did I do that?

My signature is meant as a joke, a disclaimer of sorts.

Post count? That don't mean anything, quality of post on the other hand does, and frankly you are not off to good a start.

Sarcasm? You didn't mean to come off that way, I'm not buying it. You were offering up advice to people that NEVER miss a game. Sorry that your advice didn't come off as genuine.

You're right about one thing, SheTexan can definetly defend herself, I wasn't attempting to, I was letting you know here in this thread I didn't take kindly to it.

Last edited by Hardcore Texan; 10-23-2009 at 07:06 PM.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009   #46
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 42174 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Well thank you for your insight, I think we all will be.
You're welcome! Anything else I can help clear up just let me know.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009   #47
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

LOL!!! You guys crack me up! Thanks for defending me too, but, Fred is correct, I can get pretty FIESTY at times, makes life much more fun!! I LOVE my seats in the Bullpen and will not give them up, at least not all of them. I like being where the ACTION is and the Bullpen is just my THANG! Like I said in an earlier post, if it gets to HOT I know what to do. I just love seeing everyone in their seats, yelling and screaming for our team, not out roaming the concourses because they can't take the intense heat. Just want everyone to have a good time.

I just got back from an absolutely AWESOME game in the SUN, cool breeze and amazing weather!! PLUS, a win by my grandson's team! Just wish Reliant was designed so EVERYONE could enjoy a beautiful day! I'm all for an open air stadium, (RELIANT IS NOT ONE.) I had a blast sitting in the monsoon in Kansas City, and didn't get up and leave when it rained on us last year. I'm headed to Buffalo next week and PRAY to God above it snow's!! I believe it's ridiculous to close the roof for a little rain! BUT, the intense heat can kill you, or make someone critically ill! Bottom line, everyone knows by now that the NEZ will be HOT, prepare for it!!! Nuff said!

BTW FRED: The second degree burn was on the hand of a kid who climbed up on the seat before his parents had a chance to touch it. NO ONE knew the seat was that hot! You can joke all you want, and I truly believe you are just stirring the pot, BUT, if the environment is not healthy they should fix it! JMO!! ALSO, you don't carry water into the stadium!! You have to pay pretty big bucks for it, plus, they charge you for a cup of ice. ALSO, since I am on a rant, this is an opinion board, and if some of us choose to express our OPINIONS about the roof, that's our right! It's not always a complaint, just a simple statement of fact.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-23-2009   #48
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 49705 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
Buffalo next week and PRAY to God above it snow's!!
Keep it up there then, will ya?
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009   #49
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Keep it up there then, will ya?
Well, maybe it only needs to snow a little! Our guys play pretty well in cold weather, hope that happens next weekend!!!
Old 10-24-2009   #50
Fred
All Pro

Rep Power: 28282 Fred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respectedFred is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Lying about what? I assure you, I just shoot from the hip, where did I do that. Because I said I never neg rep people? You were the exception so you should feel special.

Post count? That don't mean anything, quality of post on the other hand does, and frankly you are not off to good a start.

Sarcasm? You didn't mean to come off that way, I'm not buying it. You were offering up advice to people that NEVER miss a game. Sorry that your advice didn't come off as genuine.

You're right about one thing, SheTexan can definetly defend herself, I wasn't attempting to, I was letting you know here in this thread I didn't take kindly to it.
You neg repped me and said you never neg rep people, so you lied. Why is that so difficult to understand that that is a flat out lie? I thought you understood the difference between never and seldom. Sorry if I gave you too much credit. I got the lame humor attempt on enjoy the neg rep (hey I said thanks!) but thinking that throwing in a lie makes things funny proves who has the humor impairment.

"You've a real class act" with rolleyes would be name calling. Very, very, mild, name calling; but name calling nonetheless.

I agree with you that the quality of posts is important (lying tends to make for poor quality) but the folks giving you positive rep for lying seem to disagree with us.

My larger point would be that people who never miss a game should know what it is like when the roof is open, they should be prepared for it, and they shouldn't be coming on here acting surprised that "the sun was sunny". Which will be a break from the past if that occurs.

Enjoy the game! I will!
Old 10-24-2009   #51
Fred
All Pro

Quote:
LOL!!! You guys crack me up! Thanks for defending me too, but, Fred is correct, I can get pretty FIESTY at times, makes life much more fun!! I LOVE my seats in the Bullpen and will not give them up, at least not all of them. I like being where the ACTION is and the Bullpen is just my THANG! Like I said in an earlier post, if it gets to HOT I know what to do. I just love seeing everyone in their seats, yelling and screaming for our team, not out roaming the concourses because they can't take the intense heat. Just want everyone to have a good time.

I just got back from an absolutely AWESOME game in the SUN, cool breeze and amazing weather!! PLUS, a win by my grandson's team! Just wish Reliant was designed so EVERYONE could enjoy a beautiful day! I'm all for an open air stadium, (RELIANT IS NOT ONE.) I had a blast sitting in the monsoon in Kansas City, and didn't get up and leave when it rained on us last year. I'm headed to Buffalo next week and PRAY to God above it snow's!! I believe it's ridiculous to close the roof for a little rain! BUT, the intense heat can kill you, or make someone critically ill! Bottom line, everyone knows by now that the NEZ will be HOT, prepare for it!!! Nuff said!

BTW FRED: The second degree burn was on the hand of a kid who climbed up on the seat before his parents had a chance to touch it. NO ONE knew the seat was that hot! You can joke all you want, and I truly believe you are just stirring the pot, BUT, if the environment is not healthy they should fix it! JMO!! ALSO, you don't carry water into the stadium!! You have to pay pretty big bucks for it, plus, they charge you for a cup of ice. ALSO, since I am on a rant, this is an opinion board, and if some of us choose to express our OPINIONS about the roof, that's our right! It's not always a complaint, just a simple statement of fact.
Positive rep coming your way! There's the butt-kicking smart feisty kind of lady I want sitting next to us cheering for the Texans!

The Texans SHOULD do something to at least cover the metal surfaces by the seats in the NEZ. I don't know what exactly, but there should be something they can coat them with that wouldn't get as hot. You have to buy a bottle of water in the stadium but to me its worth it - you have to stay hydrated (and actually cheaper than a beer). Then I refill it from a water fountain.

You are correct OF COURSE I'm stirring the pot (although that seemed to go right over some people's heads) because (as a wise lady once said) this is an opinion board, and if some of us choose to express our OPINIONS about the roof, that's our right! Although Hardcore Texan doesn't agree with us on that point; hey he might spread some more negative rep around!
Old 10-24-2009   #52
dinkatoid
Veteran

Rep Power: 628 dinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, maybe it only needs to snow a little! Our guys play pretty well in cold weather, hope that happens next weekend!!!
I would probably not want to take our chances in the snow. It seems to me that the teams that are not used to it snowing struggle to throw the ball, and the way we look right now, I do not want to have to rely on our running game for anything.

This is probably a really poor example because of the two teams, but look at the Titans vs. Patriots last week. Brady threw just fine, but it seemed like Collins was really off because of it. Same for Sanchez and the Jets in Buffalo.
dinkatoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009   #53
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude 713-881-5480 call it

Quote:

Old 10-24-2009   #54
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkatoid View Post
I would probably not want to take our chances in the snow. It seems to me that the teams that are not used to it snowing struggle to throw the ball, and the way we look right now, I do not want to have to rely on our running game for anything.

This is probably a really poor example because of the two teams, but look at the Titans vs. Patriots last week. Brady threw just fine, but it seemed like Collins was really off because of it. Same for Sanchez and the Jets in Buffalo.
Won't be snowing in Buffalo next weekend. High predicted 50 with a low of 38. Perfect football weather!! I'll enjoy every minute of it. Since it's STILL pot stirring time!! The high tomorrow in Houston Texas is suppose to be 81!!!!!! CLOSE THE ROOF!!

Probably won't happen because of the fly over, so, I'll be enjoying the game from the Bulpen Pub!! Unless someone wants to trade seats with me!! FRED!!!!!! Since you think it's so COOOL in the NEZ, come on over. You can sit on row C of the Bullpen, right next to some of the best fans in the NFL!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2009   #55
Fred
All Pro

Quote:
Won't be snowing in Buffalo next weekend. High predicted 50 with a low of 38. Perfect football weather!! I'll enjoy every minute of it. Since it's STILL pot stirring time!! The high tomorrow in Houston Texas is suppose to be 81!!!!!! CLOSE THE ROOF!!

Probably won't happen because of the fly over, so, I'll be enjoying the game from the Bulpen Pub!! Unless someone wants to trade seats with me!! FRED!!!!!! Since you think it's so COOOL in the NEZ, come on over. You can sit on row C of the Bullpen, right next to some of the best fans in the NFL!!!!!!!!!!
Wow thanks! Sounds great! I have some friends coming, so hope you have room for all eleven of us! (Yes, I actually have a few friends, who knew?) Warning: most of these folks will arrive from tailgating with Margarita breath.

I think the 50/80 rule is at kickoff, not the high for the day. Soooo - with a noon kickoff I think you need to pray for rain! I actually think the rule is a little silly - if it is sunny and 79 at noon it will get hotter during the game. if it is 81 at 7:30 PM they will close the roof for a night game!

Stay COOOL!!!
Old 10-24-2009   #56
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 42174 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think the 50/80 rule is at kickoff, not the high for the day. Soooo - with a noon kickoff I think you need to pray for rain! I actually think the rule is a little silly - if it is sunny and 79 at noon it will get hotter during the game. if it is 81 at 7:30 PM they will close the roof for a night game!

Stay COOOL!!!
That is not the case. The rule IS for the highest temperature during the game. The decision is not made 30 minutes before kickoff where they're looking at the temperature gauge trying to decide what to do. If the temp. at any point during the game is forecast to be above 80 they'll button it up.

At night, they're not tied to the rule and would probably open it if the humidity wasn't ridiculous even if the temp. was still above 80. But that never happens so.....

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009   #57
BobbleTexan
Rookie

Rep Power: 13 BobbleTexan was voted MVPBobbleTexan was voted MVPBobbleTexan was voted MVPBobbleTexan was voted MVPBobbleTexan was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
That is not the case. The rule IS for the highest temperature during the game. The decision is not made 30 minutes before kickoff where they're looking at the temperature gauge trying to decide what to do. If the temp. at any point during the game is forecast to be above 80 they'll button it up.

At night, they're not tied to the rule and would probably open it if the humidity wasn't ridiculous even if the temp. was still above 80. But that never happens so.....
Policy clearly states "game time temperature"............
BobbleTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009   #58
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Lighten up, my friend. I didn't see anything wrong happening in this thread. Grandma's fine and can handle herself just dandy. In fact... if it were you dissing her... I'd just move. Lady'll whack you with that walker of hers!

Old 10-24-2009   #59
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post

I don't think the roof can be opened or closed during the game. I know that's the policy at Minute Maid Park. I'm sure it's the same for Reliant. It causes the wind to shift somehow.
Old 10-25-2009   #60
SheTexan
Site Contributor

WoooHooooo! ALMOST time to head out to the fry fest!!! Can't wait!

J/K guys/gals! I have my sunscreen packed and I'm ready to roll. Whatever will be will be and I'll be ready. Hope to see ya all there having a fantastic time!

HAPPY TAILGATING and GOOOOOOOO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read