Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 02-19-2005   #1
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Marvin Harrison Accused of Assault

Quote:
Williams said her 13-year-old son was one of four teenage boys, all related, who wanted to take photographs of Harrison and asked him for autographs. Williams said although she was nearby, she did not witness the incident.

However, she said, her son told her Harrison was on a cell phone and told them to wait. He later went on the cell phone again and two men showed up, Williams said. She said her son told her one of the men punched a 15-year-old boy in the jaw. The youth was taken to the hospital, she said.

Williams said her son told her Harrison also shoved one of the boys and placed a "chokehold" on him.

"On behalf of our family and our sons, we are willing to pursue this matter to the fullest," Williams said. "We would like the authorities in Hawai'i to cooperate and not give this guy special treatment because he's a high-profile football player."

Honolulu lawyer Michael Green, attorney for the youths' families, said Pro Bowl players are idolized by youngsters and the incident should not be tolerated.

"It can't be ignored," he said. "They're just asking that justice be done."
http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar.../ln/ln03p.html

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005   #2
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll reserve judgement but I will say that he seems like a very mild mannered guy and I heard him say in an interview once that he's very low key all the time and keeps his priorities straight.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005   #3
_Z_
Rookie

It sounds like he was only indirectly involved. And with his rep, I doubt this is any more than someone money-grubbing.
_Z_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005   #4
AndreJ
All Pro

As a texans fan i say send him to the slammer. That just one less weapon we'll have to worry about two times out of the season when we play Indiana.
Old 02-19-2005   #5
jagfan29
Rookie

He doesnt seem like the type of guy who does this,I dont judge until everything is resolved.
jagfan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005   #6
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Its to much he said she said for me. On tape, or with some witnesses, then maybe.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005   #7
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

I actually laughed when I heard this. So what they're saying is some kids came up and said "can we have an autograph" so Marvin says "yeah, hold on let me make a call" so he calls some thugs and says "hey there's some kids here, punch the one in the jaw" then Marvin Harrison proceeds to choke one of them out?

Couldn't they have just blamed it on Bill Cosby or something?
Youngstown Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-20-2005   #8
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

this is almost as believable as the tooth fairy.

Sounds more like someone out looking for a few bucks off a lawsuit settlement.

Innocent until proven guilty is the verdict on this one, IMO.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005   #9
Rosusu
All Pro

I agree, it does not true. He has no previous record of anything like this so I dont believe it. I guess we will find out soon enough.
Old 02-20-2005   #10
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 317-6-8, 115 Q6
Rep Power: 48949 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

The parent said that she was nearby but didn't see the incident. One kid was punched, another was shoved, and the other choked. Was the woman blind and deaf? Almost anything is possible, but that account of that incident really sounds incredible.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005   #11
trutexan67
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Z_
It sounds like he was only indirectly involved. And with his rep, I doubt this is any more than someone money-grubbing.

I totally agree...
trutexan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005   #12
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

We learned from OJ (and others) that the we really do not know these players as well as we think we do.

That said, this story makes no sense and looks like either a scam or a misrepresentation by the teens. The facts do not made any sense.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005   #13
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

but can i just point out if this was a randy moss or terrell owens story everyone would have a very different initial reaction? when moss hit that cop with his lexus, everybody wasnt like....oh no, not randy, he would never......So dont put it past marvin harrison to screw up.
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005   #14
wiley2002
Veteran

Talking

I say that if this is on tape we let Ed Hoculi (sp) check the replay.

. . .since there is no evedence then the ruling stands. He's innocent.
wiley2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005   #15
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
but can i just point out if this was a randy moss or terrell owens story everyone would have a very different initial reaction? when moss hit that cop with his lexus, everybody wasnt like....oh no, not randy, he would never......So dont put it past marvin harrison to screw up.
actually when moss hit a cop with a car, there were witnesses. And he HIT A COP!
Youngstown Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005   #16
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

PHP Code:
actually when moss hit a cop with a carthere were witnesses. And he HIT A COP
zackly. Harrison is accused by who? A teenager with some kind of vendetta. Cop or a teenage, hmmm, now who would I normally believe, and who would I normally not believe?
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005   #17
YodAa
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to YodAa
Default Colts' Harrison gets sued

Heres the story
Old 03-29-2005   #18
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Wow, it took 3 men to beat up 3 kids?
Old 03-29-2005   #19
Youngstown Colt
All Pro

Hey, those kids have heart!

But seriously, this is such a money grubbing scheme that will fade away soon enough
Old 03-31-2005   #20
TexansNeedRBin05
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 TexansNeedRBin05 has been demoted to the practice squad
Send a message via AIM to TexansNeedRBin05 Send a message via MSN to TexansNeedRBin05

I sorta thought of Harrison has the "Tim Ducan" of receivers low key and a good guy. Being a teen cant say thats the reason I dont beleive this but it sounds super boogus! :woot
TexansNeedRBin05 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read