Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-20-2009   #1
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Josh McDaniels

WTF is he doing ? Saluting his... family... Not smart...

Old 10-20-2009   #2
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Josh McDaniels

is this a joke thats gone over my head or is he just simply doing a mile high salute?
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009   #3
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
is this a joke thats gone over my head or is he just simply doing a mile high salute?
I have no clue, but it sure looks like something some dude came up with in Germany in the thirties.

If that is their Mile High Salute they should really consider changing it.

My grandfather spend time in the German KZ camps so I'm... touchy when it comes to stuff like this.
Old 10-20-2009   #4
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh come on! That's a snap shot capturing the end of him blowing a kiss to his family. Here's a video clip, and just as the camera is getting closer you can see him blow a kiss to his family. The pucture was a snapshot of this moment. It's at the 15-16 second mark.

I don't think your touchy, I think you are reaching.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&source=hp&q=Josh%20McDaniels%20c elebration&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv#
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009   #5
Malloy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
Oh come on! That's a snap shot capturing the end of him blowing a kiss to his family. Here's a video clip, and just as the camera is getting closer you can see him blow a kiss to his family. The pucture was a snapshot of this moment. It's at the 15-16 second mark.

I don't think your touchy, I think you are reaching.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...8&sa=N&tab=wv#
I'm not calling him a nazi am I? I questioning the action. He did it twice btw, and if it caught my eye and had an effect on me I would not call that reaching...
Old 10-20-2009   #6
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Just looking at the photo, dude has his thumb tucked under his palm.

Instead of being in-line with his index finger.

The photo looks bad (like a "Heil Hitler!" salute) but then again...it's s snapshot of it. That's just a brief capture of what might have been a fuller motion that was possibly in no way a Nazi salute.
Old 10-20-2009   #7
Malloy
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post

The photo looks bad (like a "Heil Hitler!" salute) but then again...it's s snapshot of it. That's just a brief capture of what might have been a fuller motion that was possibly in no way a Nazi salute.
Im sure you're right, it just rubbed me the wrong way. Also I had no idea this was a 'Mile High Salute'. I guess we can blame it on a horrible camera angle
Old 10-21-2009   #8
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy
Quote:

Im sure you're right, it just rubbed me the wrong way. Also I had no idea this was a 'Mile High Salute'. I guess we can blame it on a horrible camera angle
No, I think you're right. Josh McDaniels is a Nazi and hates your grandfather.
What other possible explanation could there be?
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009   #9
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

This thread is stupid !
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009   #10
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i think malloy's feelings are perfectly justified, it being a very personal thing to him. however it's pretty obvious that McDaniels isn't naziing it up or anything
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009   #11
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
i think malloy's feelings are perfectly justified, it being a very personal thing to him. however it's pretty obvious that McDaniels isn't naziing it up or anything
I totally agree that his feelings are justified, however I think it's an amazing leap of logic to think that Daniels was actually giving a Nazi salute in front of millions of Americans.
Silly leap of logic, IMO, and one that should be easily dismissed if it was given even a second of thought and common sense.

Stop. Think. Post.

michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read