Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 10-20-2009   #1
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68181 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Isn't A&M Supposed to be the Non Metro School?

Yea, this is very masculine of them. Dancing to techno on the way to a 62-14 blowout. These Yell Leaders act more effeminate than some cheerleaders I've known.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009   #2
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon
Default Re: Isn't A&M Supposed to be the Non Metro School?

piss-poor attempt at humor. this song was funny in 2004.
Old 10-20-2009   #3
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Come on people, lighten up that was semi-funny.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009   #4
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

They're obviously trying to be funny, and obviously fell flat on their faces on that. I don't see why people are taking it so literally though. I've had a lot of friends on facebook that go to UT or Tech ragging on me about this and I get that they don't like A&M or whatever, but to literally make that big of a jump? Just dumb.

On another note, yell leaders are known for getting as much a$$ as they want. The girls here go crazy for 'em.
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009   #5
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

well that was a waste of time
Old 10-20-2009   #6
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 106568 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbat488 View Post
They're obviously trying to be funny, and obviously fell flat on their faces on that. I don't see why people are taking it so literally though. I've had a lot of friends on facebook that go to UT or Tech ragging on me about this and I get that they don't like A&M or whatever, but to literally make that big of a jump? Just dumb.

On another note, yell leaders are known for getting as much a$$ as they want. The girls here go crazy for 'em.
That says more about the girls in College Station than it does about the yell leaders.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009   #7
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
That says more about the girls in College Station than it does about the yell leaders.
True so true. I'm an aggie and I thought that was one the dumbest things I every saw.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-20-2009   #8
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
It's like that everywhere. Girls are attracted to the big men on campus. At A&M, it's the yell leaders.
EDIT: I apologize if this statement came off as chauvinistic to any females we may have on the board.
Quote:
Originally Posted by painekiller View Post
True so true. I'm an aggie and I thought that was one the dumbest things I every saw.
Very dumb I agree, but it's true. You were here 20+ years ago going by the age in your information under avatar; things have changed a lot around here. I remember walking around campus with my family when I was around 5 or 6 and it is much much much much more different now than it was then. A&M's leadership has truly tried to make this a much more global and diverse university, and that comes with a lot of changes from how things once were here. For good and for bad.

Last edited by pbat488; 10-20-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Old 10-20-2009   #9
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

I graduated from A&M in '84, my husband in '5 and my son is class of '12. I agree that there have been a bunch of changes over the past 20 + years. What the haters like to ignore is that A&M is a diverse and multicultural university. I remember how proud I felt 2 summers ago when I went thru registration and orientation with my son.

Yes, this video is stupid. But I am willing to bet that each university has silly videos that can be posted, I remember a certain UT football player dance in recent history that was good for a laugh.
Old 10-20-2009   #10
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
What the haters like to ignore is that A&M is a diverse and multicultural university.
A&M is diverse? I graduated in '06, when I was there it was pretty much 80% white, middle-class conservative kids. Based on a quick googling it doesn't look like that % has shifted much. I never felt any racial tensions on campus or anything, and I felt like all cultures/people were embraced but I never felt like I was a member of a diverse community.

Oh, yea, the video. Meh whatever.

Last edited by Fox; 10-20-2009 at 05:10 PM.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009   #11
pbat488
gig 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
A&M is diverse? I graduated in '06, when I was there it was pretty much 80% white, middle-class conservative kids. Based on a quick googling it doesn't look like that % has shifted much. I never felt any racial tensions on campus or anything, and I felt like all cultures/people were embraced but I never felt like I was a member of a diverse community.

Oh, yea, the video. Meh whatever.
What major were you Fox? In engineering, there are high numbers of international students from all over. I've met people from Iraq, Iran, Dubai, UAE, Qatar, Bahrain, Pakistan, India, Indonesia, Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago, Venezuela, Kazakhstan, Norway, France, Serbia, England, China, Korea, Vietnam, Sri Lanka, Spain, Angola, Nigeria, Cote D'Ivoire, South Africa, Brazil, Ecuador, Honduras, Panama, Costa Rica, Argentina and more that I can't remember. Most are in my engineering courses, a few I've worked with in Intramurals, and others I've just met along the way. All have been extremely nice and love being here.

With that said, A&M is still predominantly W.A.S.P native Texans', I'm just saying there is a large, diverse international population here at A&M, not too mention that there is a growing number of minority applications and enrollments from within the USA and Texas.
Old 10-20-2009   #12
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

I was BIMS. That's a good point, if you're in the right class/major it obviously affects the diversity you perceive. There are definitely representative numbers from all over the place at A&M, and many of those numbers are clustered in certain majors increasing those majors' diversity. Perhaps if I'd been an engineering major or likewise I'd have come away with a different impression, but the impression I came away with from my classes, off-campus experiences, and evaluation of the simple math is that A&M is a long ways from being a diverse school.

As far as the large, international population I agree that there is one. Unfortunately they are surrounded by a much larger population of middle-class conservative white people that make it hard to see the trees for the forest.

Last edited by Fox; 10-20-2009 at 05:43 PM.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009   #13
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

I went and looked up the stats and was surprised by the numbers. My son is an aerospace engineering major, and the people I meet in the engineering department sure seemed diverse.

Anyway, I didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Pbat488, what engineering dept are you in?
Old 10-20-2009   #14
pbat488
gig 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
I was BIMS. That's a good point, if you're in the right class/major it obviously affects the diversity you perceive. There are definitely representative numbers from all over the place at A&M, and many of those numbers are clustered in certain majors increasing those majors' diversity. Perhaps if I'd been an engineering major or likewise I'd have come away with a different impression, but the impression I came away with from my classes, off-campus experiences, and evaluation of the simple math is that A&M is a long ways from being a diverse school.

As far as the large, international population I agree that there is one. Unfortunately they are surrounded by a much larger population of middle-class conservative white people that make it hard to see the trees for the forest.
Very true. I guess if I were an Agribusiness major or something like that I wouldn't be singing the same tune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
I went and looked up the stats and was surprised by the numbers. My son is an aerospace engineering major, and the people I meet in the engineering department sure seemed diverse.

Anyway, I didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Pbat488, what engineering dept are you in?
Petroleum. Most likely the most diverse department on campus in regards to students from different countries. Pretty much any country that has the tiniest oil industry has students here studying, and I've met a lot of them through my work in SPE and Engineers without Borders.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read