Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 10-21-2009   #21
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Best way to Reliant from Austin?

Drive East ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009   #22
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 71984 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Drive East ?

LOL....nice

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009   #23
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Htown2ATX, I hope to meet you, I will be hanging with the Blue Crew so get on by there if you can!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009   #24
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 71984 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWig View Post
Htown2ATX, I hope to meet you, I will be hanging with the Blue Crew so get on by there if you can!
Yeah, I hope to meet some people from the board, once I get my lot color I'll know where I'm at.

I actually have met you, Rickyb, Specnatz, Nitro Honda, Axman and a bunch of others back when I was on here under the screen name H-Town Balla #90 and we all used to meet up at 3rd Base during the fevered height of the KEYE CBS Austin leg humping of VY in a titans uniform and no Texans games were on TV. I lost my log in for the screen name and don't have any idea what email address it was on, so I started this one.

I was there that 1st game when we straight took the place over and had the Texans chants and everything going. Fun times to be sure!!

Anyway, hope to see any of you guys Sunday and all drive safe! I'll update when I get my lot color.

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 10-22-2009   #25
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
Yeah, I hope to meet some people from the board, once I get my lot color I'll know where I'm at.

I actually have met you, Rickyb, Specnatz, Nitro Honda, Axman and a bunch of others back when I was on here under the screen name H-Town Balla #90 and we all used to meet up at 3rd Base during the fevered height of the KEYE CBS Austin leg humping of VY in a titans uniform and no Texans games were on TV. I lost my log in for the screen name and don't have any idea what email address it was on, so I started this one.

I was there that 1st game when we straight took the place over and had the Texans chants and everything going. Fun times to be sure!!

Anyway, hope to see any of you guys Sunday and all drive safe! I'll update when I get my lot color.

I met you at that first game at 3rd base as well.
Old 10-22-2009   #26
Mean Machine
Veteran

Rep Power: 114 Mean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respected

This makes trip # 74 and counting from Round Rock to Houston, and I prefer the 130 tollway to 71 to I-10 to Grand Ave Pkwy down to D-Ice's Garage in Sugarland!

Speaking of good food, take a side trip over into Smithville for some really great BBQ, Zimmerhanzels!
Man they have the best ribs, ever.

Go TEXANS!!!
sec 637: Gridiron, Texas.
Mean Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009   #27
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70926 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Hruska's is delish, but the best kolache I've ever had was at the Czech Stop in West, Texas on I35.

I always took 71 to/from Austin, mainly because I lived in South Austin and my family lives in Sugar Land. I hate 290 myself.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-22-2009   #28
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Machine View Post
This makes trip # 74 and counting from Round Rock to Houston, and I prefer the 130 tollway to 71 to I-10 to Grand Ave Pkwy down to D-Ice's Garage in Sugarland!

Speaking of good food, take a side trip over into Smithville for some really great BBQ, Zimmerhanzels!
Man they have the best ribs, ever.

Go TEXANS!!!
Best ribs huh? I may have to check that out on the way back! I'm a brisket fanatic myself but can always throw down on some ribs!!

I think I know where that Ice House is but I may be thinking of another place. I always take 99 Grand Parkway from I-10. My family lives really close to the Highway 6 and Highway 90 interchange right by the Sugar Land Airport. I can't believe how much they have developed that area in the last 10 years!

Yeah, not a fan of 290.

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 10-22-2009   #29
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I met you at that first game at 3rd base as well.

I think I remember meeting you too but not for sure. I'm better with faces than names and screen names......

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 10-22-2009   #30
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yep, remember you well now that you told me that, hope to see you there, I am in Blue but making it over to platinum for the Blue Crew. If you don't get parking use the hotel lot across the street or the Holiday Inn, its like $20.
Old 10-22-2009   #31
stevn8r
Zombie

Section: 117 Row F 18-19
Rep Power: 197 stevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to stevn8r

You ALL know I make the trek every home game (approx 40 games)..... 71 to I-10 to 610 to Kirby is faster by about 20 mins atleast! also you can gain access to any lot from kirby.
My Beautiful Bride gave up her ticket to a buddy who is a niner fan, so we HAVE to give him the business on sunday! Also a client of mine flew in from Cali today and will be there sunday so I will bring them by the Blue Crew for some pre game harrasment!!!
Can't wait to see you guys!
Go Texans!!!
Old 10-23-2009   #32
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevn8r View Post
You ALL know I make the trek every home game (approx 40 games)..... 71 to I-10 to 610 to Kirby is faster by about 20 mins atleast! also you can gain access to any lot from kirby.
My Beautiful Bride gave up her ticket to a buddy who is a niner fan, so we HAVE to give him the business on sunday! Also a client of mine flew in from Cali today and will be there sunday so I will bring them by the Blue Crew for some pre game harrasment!!!
Go Texans!!!
Yeah, cool and thanks. That's what I wasn't sure on is when I get into Houston on I-10 if 610 to Kirby was the best way or not. Sounds like it is, so that will be my plan.

The buddy that is driving has never been to an NFL game before, so I'm hoping we get involved in some good tailgating. Show him how it's done down in H-Town!

We'll have plenty of coldies on hand to drink and share for some BBQ if anyone has got anything going........let me know and we'll be there with some Shiners!

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 10-23-2009   #33
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, cool and thanks. That's what I wasn't sure on is when I get into Houston on I-10 if 610 to Kirby was the best way or not. Sounds like it is, so that will be my plan.

The buddy that is driving has never been to an NFL game before, so I'm hoping we get involved in some good tailgating. Show him how it's done down in H-Town!

We'll have plenty of coldies on hand to drink and share for some BBQ if anyone has got anything going........let me know and we'll be there with some Shiners!

Pay attention to the signs as you near the stadium. Different lots use different exits. For example, if you are in the yellow lot, you will exit on Main.
Old 10-23-2009   #34
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post
Pay attention to the signs as you near the stadium. Different lots use different exits. For example, if you are in the yellow lot, you will exit on Main.
Thanks for the heads up on that. I'm gonna get my tickets and parking pass tonight, so I'll know what color I have. Once, I find that out I'll update to see if anyone else on here is in my lot and best way at that point I guess.

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 10-23-2009   #35
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevn8r View Post
Go Texans!!!
You're bringing a Niners fan to Blue Crew??? WTF??!?! It's on!

Old 10-23-2009   #36
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Just got my tix and parking pass.

I'm in Orange.

Person I got the tix from says the best way is exit Kirby off 610 then make my second left behind Reliant to hit Orange lot.

How far is it or how do I get to Blue if that's where all the action is and how early yall showing up cause we're down for whatever?!?!?!

So effing PUMPED!!!!!

GO TEXANS!!!

Just busted out all my gameday stuff (and I got alot)!!

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 10-23-2009   #37
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

What lot has the best tailgate action.

BigWig, I know you mentioned Blue Crew...are they in a Blue lot or what?

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 10-23-2009   #38
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 167815 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
What lot has the best tailgate action.

BigWig, I know you mentioned Blue Crew...are they in a Blue lot or what?
Check this out. Texan Bill's badass map

It shows you where everthing is, Blue Crew is in Platinum right next to the Blue Lot.
Old 10-23-2009   #39
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Check this out. Texan Bill's badass map

It shows you where everthing is, Blue Crew is in Platinum right next to the Blue Lot.

Awesome......Thanks!!

Dormant bodies bursting!
Old 10-24-2009   #40
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Yep thats where I will be. I have Blue but will hang with the Blue Crew in Platinum all morning. At least get to the Crew by 10 am for the morning toast, you can drink blue or red koolaid!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read