Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 10-21-2009   #61
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Austin Fox Not showing Texans 49ers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Okams not a starter.
He started in the Cincy game.
Old 10-21-2009   #62
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
He started in the Cincy game.
They said he was going to start, but he didn't. Zgonina started and Okam barely saw the field.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009   #63
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1067 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyway - it doesn't matter if they show the game because they WILL cut away (because they are REQUIRED to do so) to the Cowboys at 3 regardless of what's going on in the Texans game. I do NOT want to take that chance because I would lose it if they cut away right before the game-deciding play.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 10-21-2009   #64
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Okay, I got a response.

I actually sent an email to sports@fox7.com and got an almost immediate response.

I still recommend you all send emails to that address just to show your displeasure, but here is the response:

Quote:
Our corporate programming people make that decision but i'm guessing they find it hard to pass up 6-0 brett favre against the defending super bowl champs.
houston is 3-3.
we are obligated to take cowboys game at 3 since we are considered part of the Dallas NFL market so whatever game we carry early we have to leave it for the cowboys kickoff.
suggest you head to third base sports bar.
If you want to file a formal complaint send it to programming@fox7.com
Brett Freaking Favre. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 10-21-2009   #65
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Poor Austin Texan fans this makes me really feel for all of you. I might just shoot them an e-mail on be half of all of you. They don't have to know where I live.
Old 10-21-2009   #66
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
They said he was going to start, but he didn't. Zgonina started and Okam barely saw the field.
I saw them introduce him in the lineup thing they do but didn't realize they were wrong. I haven't re-watched it yet, I usually watch it live just paying attention to action and then re-watch and zero in on specific players. This season I have been so busy I have not did the 2nd go round that often.

Quote:
Anyway - it doesn't matter if they show the game because they WILL cut away (because they are REQUIRED to do so) to the Cowboys at 3 regardless of what's going on in the Texans game. I do NOT want to take that chance because I would lose it if they cut away right before the game-deciding play.
Kick off is at 3:15 though right? But I get what you're saying, the games often go past that mark too. It's all for nothing though, the Brett Favre show must be seen
Old 10-21-2009   #67
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Actually I was paying special attention at the beginning of the game because I was very skeptical that Okam would actually start. Zgonina was in fact in for the first play, and most of the game. I wonder why they said Okam would start? Or I wonder if someone assumed and the rest of the media ran with it?

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Sponsored links
Old 10-21-2009   #68
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 112235 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Poor Austin Texan fans this makes me really feel for all of you. I might just shoot them an e-mail on be half of all of you. They don't have to know where I live.
Go get 'em Gary!
Old 10-21-2009   #69
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Go get 'em Gary!
I think I will tomorrow when I get home from school.
Old 10-21-2009   #70
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I think I will tomorrow when I get home from school.
Please do. Thanks for your support in this, Gary. I suggest you send it to sports@fox7.com since they are the only ones that have replied at this point. I think the other address was just a catch-all that doesn't get checked often or quickly enough.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 10-21-2009   #71
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Please do. Thanks for your support in this, Gary. I suggest you send it to sports@fox7.com since they are the only ones that have replied at this point. I think the other address was just a catch-all that doesn't get checked often or quickly enough.
You got it.
Old 10-21-2009   #72
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80316 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
we are obligated to take cowboys game at 3 since we are considered part of the Dallas NFL market so whatever game we carry early we have to leave it for the cowboys kickoff.
Uhmmm, actually Austin is closer to Houston than Dallas. Shouldn't Houston be considered part of the Houston NFL market? We are considered part of the Astros market, why not the Texans?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009   #73
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Uhmmm, actually Austin is closer to Houston than Dallas. Shouldn't Houston be considered part of the Houston NFL market? We are considered part of the Astros market, why not the Texans?
Because Fox Austin only carries 2 Texans games a year, whereas they carry a ton of Cowboy games every year. Geographically, it doesn't make sense, but that's how it is.

...and of course it has a lot to do with the fact that the Texans and Rangers have been perennial losers.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 10-21-2009   #74
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 80316 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Because Fox Austin only carries 2 Texans games a year, whereas they carry a ton of Cowboy games every year. Geographically, it doesn't make sense, but that's how it is.

...and of course it has a lot to do with the fact that the Texans and Rangers have been perennial losers.
So if geography doesn't matter and it's all about who are winners, then why are we stuck watching the Cowboys and Astros? Why not just have Austin be a Steelers, Phillies, Penguins, Lakers market this season? (Sarcasm of course)
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009   #75
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 935 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected

If my buddy doesnt come into town I think Ill head out to pluckers Round Rock. Someone save me a seat.
ATRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009   #76
dinkatoid
Veteran

Rep Power: 628 dinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respected

I am new here (judging by my whole 3 posts including this one) but it looks like I got here just in the nick of time. Once I found out the Texans game was not on TV, I thought I was going to have to scramble to find a place to watch it, but it sounds like you guys have secured some good spots. I will probably be out to join the Round Rock Pluckers crew.

How many people normally show up for you guys?
dinkatoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009   #77
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 112235 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkatoid View Post
I am new here (judging by my whole 3 posts including this one) but it looks like I got here just in the nick of time. Once I found out the Texans game was not on TV, I thought I was going to have to scramble to find a place to watch it, but it sounds like you guys have secured some good spots. I will probably be out to join the Round Rock Pluckers crew.

How many people normally show up for you guys?
If you still want to watch at home, click this for some good news.

Welcome to the board. Dig the board name.
Old 10-23-2009   #78
dinkatoid
Veteran

Rep Power: 628 dinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respecteddinkatoid is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I read that just after I posted. I am not sure what I am going to do now. I am sure at some point in the season I will come out and get to meet everyone, but now I can see what is actually happening Sunday before I make that call
Old 10-24-2009   #79
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

I was looking forward to watching the game at Pluckers but now that Fox is showing the game I will watching at home. Got to save money where I can.
Old 10-24-2009   #80
dinkatoid
Veteran

There is always the Seattle game!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read