Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 10-20-2009   #41
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Austin Fox Not showing Texans 49ers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Read Hookinred's post again. He states why they sound the Ravens games. Raise hell all you want but I think we'll lose that battle.

I just didn't understand what he meant, I think I got it now.

It's all good, I know most of the people that work there, and most of the managers, they are all pretty cool, I wouldn't raise too much of a stink, just give them a hard time and see if they change it (that's why I said a little hell), I can live with the sound off for the game, although I prefer to have it if possible. They try to accomodate everybody's needs but it can get crazy on game day sometimes, so I am very understanding and easy to please

Last edited by Hardcore Texan; 10-20-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009   #42
Rasputin
Mystic

Rep Power: 0 Rasputin is a quality contributor and well respectedRasputin is a quality contributor and well respectedRasputin is a quality contributor and well respectedRasputin is a quality contributor and well respectedRasputin is a quality contributor and well respectedRasputin is a quality contributor and well respectedRasputin is a quality contributor and well respectedRasputin is a quality contributor and well respectedRasputin is a quality contributor and well respectedRasputin is a quality contributor and well respectedRasputin is a quality contributor and well respected

Has anyone gotten any reply from Fox7 programming staff??
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009   #43
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
Has anyone gotten any reply from Fox7 programming staff??
Not yet.
Old 10-20-2009   #44
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5748 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
So it sounds like they are playing Ravens with sound and Texans with sound both on the outside patio? That's the part I am confused about. Oh, I think I get what you are saying, sound right at the outside bar is on for the Ravens, and over to the right of the bar in where that retractable roof thing is is where the Texans sound is?

GM's name is Todd. Dennis is actually training for the same type of job but has to work as kitchen manager, floor manager, and bar manager all first.
BINGO!

Been a good crowd of fans from all teams, with a handful of Texans fans. Vikings, Giants, Bengals, Eagles, Broncos, Steelers, Patriots, Cowboys and Ravens have the multiple fans there typically. I haven't pulled a double header yet this year, but it's been filled for the late games too.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009   #45
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5748 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It's all good, I know most of the people that work there, and most of the managers, they are all pretty cool, I wouldn't raise too much of a stink, just give them a hard time and see if they change it (that's why I said a little hell), I can live with the sound off for the game, although I prefer to have it if possible. They try to accomodate everybody's needs but it can get crazy on game day sometimes, so I am very understanding and easy to please
Yea...they have all been great...Todd the GM said that he would always have the Texans game on out there, even if he has his Bears crowd back. I don't know the other managers names but every week, they always look over at me to make sure the TV autoswitches over to the Texans game.
Old 10-20-2009   #46
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Ah. Gotcha! Understood!

Easy solution... if there's ever no sound? Get them to switch on the closed captioning and you'll be set!
Old 10-20-2009   #47
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

If Fox7 doesn't air the game and I don't go to Houston this weekend, I may drive all the way from my house in Central Austin up to Round Rock to watch it there. If I do, I'll be sure to make a phone call to my buddy to tell him to make a phone call to make sure the sound is on for the Texans game. He's not the kitchen manager or the GM, but... he's their boss. I'm not sayin' I'm just sayin.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-20-2009   #48
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
If Fox7 doesn't air the game and I don't go to Houston this weekend, I may drive all the way from my house in Central Austin up to Round Rock to watch it there. If I do, I'll be sure to make a phone call to my buddy to tell him to make a phone call to make sure the sound is on for the Texans game. He's not the kitchen manager or the GM, but... he's their boss. I'm not sayin' I'm just sayin.
Well, we'd sure keep a light on for ya. When you do talk to your buddy, let him know that they have been awesome in regard to the Texans every week for the last two years that I've been there.
Old 10-20-2009   #49
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
Well, we'd sure keep a light on for ya. When you do talk to your buddy, let him know that they have been awesome in regard to the Texans every week for the last two years that I've been there.
Co-signed. They have done a great job supporting Texans fans, and all fans for that matter. They get a LOT of my business.
Old 10-20-2009   #50
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, sign me up for RR Pluckers on Sunday if Fox doesn't air the game. I'd like to say I'd come either way - but I bought this darn Sony Bravia HD TV for the express purpose of watching the Texans!

It will be cool to meet you guys if we never met at 3rd Base.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009   #51
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's something I didn't think about. Even if they do switch the feed to the Texans game, there's a Cowboys game at 3, and Fox in Austin is obligated to go to the Cowboys game regardless of what's going on with the noon game, so I'd rather not take the chance and just go to Pluckers RR because I would lose my mind and punch something if they cut away at the end of the game with the game on the line.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 10-21-2009   #52
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Lets hope this doesnt start happening again!

Thank goodness I am going to the game Sunday, hopefully the Texans will show them what they are missing out on!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009   #53
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Lets hope this doesnt start happening again!

Thank goodness I am going to the game Sunday, hopefully the Texans will show them what they are missing out on!
It won't. It's just a weird situation because it's a Fox game instead of a CBS game. KEYE is showing all the Texans games that they can this year, which is all of them except for this one against SF (Fox), the one against SEA on Dec 13 (Fox), and the MNF game (ESPN).

We'll see all the games in Austin this year except this one coming up and the one against SEA.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 10-21-2009   #54
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

huh, didnt realized that we were gonna be on Fox.
Old 10-21-2009   #55
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 View Post
huh, didnt realized that we were gonna be on Fox.
Yep, unless they're SNF or MNF games, the short version is that...

AFC @ AFC = always on CBS
AFC @ NFC = always on CBS

NFC @ NFC = always on Fox
NFC @ AFC = always on Fox

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 10-21-2009   #56
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just got done with my now-daily e-mail to FOX 7. So far no response.

BTW, I would be interested in what they tell you guys so if you could, please post any response you get.
Old 10-21-2009   #57
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

I haven't received a response yet either. I may call their programming department later today to inquire further.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009   #58
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I dunno, don't the Texans get any cred with the Austin station for starting
Studdard ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009   #59
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
I dunno, don't the Texans get any cred with the Austin station for starting
Studdard ?
....and Okam?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009   #60
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
....and Okam?
Okams not a starter.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read