Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 10-20-2009   #21
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Austin Fox Not showing Texans 49ers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
Here we go - the email address for programming at the Austin FOX affiliate:

programming@fox7.com

Let'er rip! If it doesn't work, I'll see you guys somewhere in Austin on Sunday.
Thanks. I'll let 'er rip. I'll be at the game, but that doesn't mean I can't personally ***** since it is still a problem for me as an Austinite Texan.
Old 10-20-2009   #22
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerATO View Post
Sidenote. How is the Tilted Kilt in RR?
I have never been on gameday so I don't know what kind of specials they run or how packed it gets. They have a huge tv but it's rear projection so not the best picture, but a decent amount of flatscreens around. They have tons of beer on draft, and the "scenery" is very nice.

That being said, I will be at ole faithful, Pluckers.
Old 10-20-2009   #23
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
You're talking Austin, and I'm talking Dallas. One of us is confused, and I think it's me.
Sorry for the confusion, my friend!

Rep for... well... just because!
Old 10-20-2009   #24
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Here we go - the email address for programming at the Austin FOX affiliate:

programming@fox7.com

Let'er rip! If it doesn't work, I'll see you guys somewhere in Austin on Sunday.
I emailed them and sent out my email to a group of people and asked them to email them too.
Old 10-20-2009   #25
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

*ahem* According to Rand McNally's mileage Calculator, it is 239 miles from Houston to Dallas.

Quote:
Get Mileage > Mileage Results

Driving Distance: 239 miles

Driving Time: 3 hours, 48 minutes
http://www.randmcnally.com/rmc/direc...age.jsp?cmty=0
Old 10-20-2009   #26
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 298503 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
*ahem* According to Rand McNally's mileage Calculator, it is 239 miles from Houston to Dallas.
Still too close.
Old 10-20-2009   #27
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Still too close.
No doubt!!
Old 10-20-2009   #28
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I have never been on gameday so I don't know what kind of specials they run or how packed it gets. They have a huge tv but it's rear projection so not the best picture, but a decent amount of flatscreens around. They have tons of beer on draft, and the "scenery" is very nice.

That being said, I will be at ole faithful, Pluckers.
See you there. I'll be a little rough around the edges as I'll be driving in after being gone for 3 days at an out of town Chili Cookoff.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009   #29
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I emailed them and sent out my email to a group of people and asked them to email them too.
Awesome! Can someone rep Hardcore Texan for me?

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009   #30
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Thanks. I'll let 'er rip. I'll be at the game, but that doesn't mean I can't personally ***** since it is still a problem for me as an Austinite Texan.
Thanks and I rep'd you accordingly.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 10-20-2009   #31
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Done. We need all the help we can get!
Old 10-20-2009   #32
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Done!
Old 10-20-2009   #33
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3020 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Email composed and sent.

F'n Austin. Whatever happened to Keep it Local?
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009   #34
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
See you there. I'll be a little rough around the edges as I'll be driving in after being gone for 3 days at an out of town Chili Cookoff.
I will either be there with my buddy/neighbor or my wife or just me, not sure yet. I will try and get a seat at the usual spot.
Old 10-20-2009   #35
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Quote:
I will either be there with my buddy/neighbor or my wife or just me, not sure yet. I will try and get a seat at the usual spot.
How's the seating for Texans games at RR Pluckers? Plenty of room? Also, do they usually have the audio up for the Texans?

www.HoustonDiehards.com
Old 10-20-2009   #36
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How's the seating for Texans games at RR Pluckers? Plenty of room? Also, do they usually have the audio up for the Texans?
Lots of seating if you get there by 11:30. We are outside on the patio/bar. They have the Texans and Ravens games the two 50" tvs of one wall of the bar. Sound is on for the Ravens right there (an office staff member is a Raven fan), then there is the patio part of the outside bar that has another TV (1 of 3 50" on the wall) with the Texans game, and the audio is on for that as well. The patio has regular tables/chairs, the bar area has raised tables/chairs. There are about 11 TVs in the outside area.

This week however, the Ravens and Cowboys both play the late game so it shouldn't be any conflicts with sound...Cowboys audio is usually on inside.
Old 10-20-2009   #37
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Lots of seating if you get there by 11:30. We are outside on the patio/bar. They have the Texans and Ravens games the two 50" tvs of one wall of the bar. Sound is on for the Ravens right there (an office staff member is a Raven fan), then there is the patio part of the outside bar that has another TV (1 of 3 50" on the wall) with the Texans game, and the audio is on for that as well. The patio has regular tables/chairs, the bar area has raised tables/chairs. There are about 11 TVs in the outside area.

This week however, the Ravens and Cowboys both play the late game so it shouldn't be any conflicts with sound...Cowboys audio is usually on inside.

Hookinreds covered it better than I could, I don't get up there as much as you for the games.

When did they start playing the Ravens sound over the Texans sound? I might have to raise a little hell about that one. Or is it because those Ravens fans are always there?
Old 10-20-2009   #38
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Quote:
Hookinreds covered it better than I could, I don't get up there as much as you for the games.

When did they start playing the Ravens sound over the Texans sound? I might have to raise a little hell about that one. Or is it because those Ravens fans are always there?
Read Hookinred's post again. He states why they sound the Ravens games. Raise hell all you want but I think we'll lose that battle.

Old 10-20-2009   #39
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Dennis is the kitchen manager now, so he's not out on the bar unless he's off. The office employee has about 4 others that are on the right end of the bar every week with the game on the right TV with sound, and the Texans on the left TV, then on the patio the Texans are always on the left of the three TVs and the sound for the Texans is on out there. I really don't care if the sound is on or not, but they have told me everyweek that the Texans will be on and have the sound on. The GM was there a couple of weeks ago and he's a big Bears fan and had the Austin Bears fans all out on the patio part when I got there at 11:15, but he made sure we had the Texans on at the outside bar.
Old 10-20-2009   #40
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Quote:
Dennis is the kitchen manager now, so he's not out on the bar unless he's off. The office employee has about 4 others that are on the right end of the bar every week with the game on the right TV with sound, and the Texans on the left TV, then on the patio the Texans are always on the left of the three TVs and the sound for the Texans is on out there. I really don't care if the sound is on or not, but they have told me everyweek that the Texans will be on and have the sound on. The GM was there a couple of weeks ago and he's a big Bears fan and had the Austin Bears fans all out on the patio part when I got there at 11:15, but he made sure we had the Texans on at the outside bar.
So it sounds like they are playing Ravens with sound and Texans with sound both on the outside patio? That's the part I am confused about. Oh, I think I get what you are saying, sound right at the outside bar is on for the Ravens, and over to the right of the bar in where that retractable roof thing is is where the Texans sound is?

GM's name is Todd. Dennis is actually training for the same type of job but has to work as kitchen manager, floor manager, and bar manager all first.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read