Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-19-2009   #1
whiskeyrbl

Default Fisher on hot seat?

Was looking on Kffl and ran across this. Bud Adams deserves every bit of what is happening. Enjoy

Titans | Fisher on the hot seat?
Comment (0)
Mon, 19 Oct 2009 09:25:39 -0700

Jim Wyatt, of The Tennessean, reports Tennessee Titans owner Bud Adams said coaching is a big problem with the team's 0-6 start and made no promises about the future of head coach Jeff Fisher beyond this season. However, Adams added he is not going to make any drastic changes during the season. "If we end up losing every game or don't look better, I'd have to look at that pretty hard, you know what I mean?'' Adams said. "The way it is going, I don't know if we'll win any games, and that is unheard of in the National Football League. Right now, it's as bad as I've seen it, and that's a long time. I've never had a team start out like this. We had the best record in the NFL last year. I can't understand it."
per www.kffl.com
Old 10-19-2009   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fisher on hot seat?

Quote:
Bud Adams 'can't understand' Titans' playBut owner won't change coaches this season
By Jim Wyatt THE TENNESSEAN October 19, 2009

Read Comments(298) Recommend(8) Print ShareThis

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. Titans owner Bud Adams called Sunday's 59-0 loss to the Patriots possibly the low point in franchise history, but said he's not going to make any drastic changes during the season.

One year after finishing with an NFL-best 13-3 record, the Titans plummeted to 0-6 with the worst defeat since Adams founded the team in 1960.

Coaching is a big part of the problem, said the 86-year-old Adams, who made no promises about Jeff Fisher's future with the franchise beyond this season. Fisher, now in his 15th season at the helm of the Titans, is under contract through 2011.

"If we end up losing every game or don't look better, I'd have to look at that pretty hard, you know what I mean?'' Adams said during a telephone interview Sunday night. "The way it is going, I don't know if we'll win any games, and that is unheard of in the National Football League.

"Right now, it's as bad as I've seen it, and that's a long time. I've never had a team start out like this. We had the best record in the NFL last year. I can't understand it.''

The Titans have been outscored 127-26 in their past three games, have gone eight straight quarters without scoring a touchdown and are one of three winless teams in the league.

"Even if I am unhappy, you don't make changes in the middle of the season. You don't know what you might end up with,'' Adams said of the coaching staff. "We'll just have to see what happens the rest of the way. I'll have to make my decision after the season is up. Who knows, we might come back and win 10 games. Then it wouldn't look so bad compared to how we started out. We have to look at the overall picture.

"But right now we're not doing very well, and that worries me.''
Really?? As Hookem pointed out earlier today, I wonder how Fisher got his job to begin with(??)

Read more here: Bud Adams 'can't understand' Titans' play
Old 10-19-2009   #3
Stemp
Brew Master

Section: Sec 118 Row H
Rep Power: 46692 Stemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respectedStemp is a quality contributor and well respected

It's bad juju for wearing the Oiler throwbacks.
Stemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Can you imagine adding up Pud's 'karma' debt??
Old 10-19-2009   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Can you imagine adding up Pud's 'karma' debt??
I did the math. It comes out to 59-0. or is it 0-6?
Old 10-19-2009   #6
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I would Say it like this

59-0
Old 10-19-2009   #7
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

I would think his pants are smoking big time
Old 10-19-2009   #8
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
It's bad juju for wearing the Oiler throwbacks.
Its the curse of the Oilers. No winning season as the Tennessee Oilers. Now they introduce Oiler throwbacks and their season goes to ****.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009   #9
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

May not be blow torch time yet, but it's probably getting a lot warmer.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read