Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-19-2009   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ready to make an animated .gif of OD catch and Dunta hit on Caldwell

Somebody tell me what website I can take my .avi file of OD's catch, so I can make an animated .gif

I also have that huge hit that Dunta put on Caldwell near the end of the game.
Old 10-19-2009   #2
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ready to make an animated .gif of OD catch and Dunta hit on Caldwell

Try a program called Virtual dub. It's free and I think it works with avi files.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ready to make an animated .gif of OD catch and Dunta hit on Caldwell

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+convert+...+animated+.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist
Old 10-19-2009   #4
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Ha ha. You so funny, gtexan02.

I asked for that one.

Seriously, though: I don't want to sift through all the search results trying to find one (that's free) that works.
Old 10-19-2009   #5
GP 
Go Texans!

Virtual Dub made it into an animated .gif

But it's 640x480 and weighs 12 MB!

Now all I have to do is figure out how to scale it down to a much smaller size (in terms of it appearing on screen, like the smaller .gif clips are).
Old 10-19-2009   #6
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

I use virtual dub to extract the image sequence, and Ulead Gif Animator to make the gif. Ulead lets you crop and resize as well as change delay times and whatnot.
Old 10-19-2009   #7
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 88409 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzle View Post
I use virtual dub to extract the image sequence, and Ulead Gif Animator to make the gif. Ulead lets you crop and resize as well as change delay times and whatnot.
Another good gif program is Animation Shop 3, heres a link to download the trial. It lets you crop and resize as well. Ulead gif animator is an awesome program though.

Link

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-19-2009   #8
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDizzle View Post
OK, so I trimmed the original .avi file...where it shows only the frames that I want to use for the clip.

Originally, I did a File --> Export --> Animated Gif.

What do I do to get the trimmed clip from Virtual Dub to Ulead?
Old 10-19-2009   #9
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
Another good gif program is Animation Shop 3, heres a link to download the trial. It lets you crop and resize as well. Ulead gif animator is an awesome program though.

Link
Just did trial of Animation Shop 3, and it's awesome.

Re-sized it down to about 200 pixels (in its appearance on a computer screen).

Now trying to figure out how to compress it so it doesn't weigh a lot.

Any tips on compressing it (reducing weight) are welcome right now.

Should have it up in a moment.
Old 10-19-2009   #10
GP 
Go Texans!

arrggh...

Optimizing it, using its own system tools, made a 200 pixel .gif about 6 MB.

(Sigh)

Keep chopping wood, I suppose.
Old 10-19-2009   #11
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Give us a peak already!
Old 10-19-2009   #12
GP 
Go Texans!

Old 10-19-2009   #13
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 57075 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

I usually try to keep the dimensions of a high-frame .gif under 200x150.

This is 163x150 and 2mb, but the same one at 450x400 runs at almost 10mb.

If you can, only take every other frame. That'll cut the load down by half.

Last edited by brakos82; 10-19-2009 at 09:29 PM.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009   #14
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I couldn't believe Caldwell held on to the ball there, he got laid out, nice hit by Dunta!
Old 10-19-2009   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Old 10-19-2009   #16
GP 
Go Texans!

I am going to make one more.

Any guesses on what it will be?

Hint: Not from the Bengals game.
Old 10-19-2009   #17
GP 
Go Texans!

Will deleting every other frame increase the speed it plays back on screen?

I don't like the slow motion effect it has on both the .gif clips I created. Looks much better in regular speed.
Old 10-19-2009   #18
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Will deleting every other frame increase the speed it plays back on screen?

I don't like the slow motion effect it has on both the .gif clips I created. Looks much better in regular speed.
Yes, I do it all the time. Decreases the file size as well.
Old 10-19-2009   #19
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 90752 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I am going to make one more.

Any guesses on what it will be?

Hint: Not from the Bengals game.
If it's not AJ's Mr. Incredible play in AZ it should be.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009   #20
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

The comment that the broadcaster, I forget who had, was hilarious something like "...that is just how he rolls...".
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read