Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-19-2009   #1
No More 8-8's
Veteran

Rep Power: 136 No More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Trade Deadline Tomorrow......

any rumors out there for us Texans fans???

Personally I would love to get Shaun Rogers from the Browns. Fills a huge need, plays tough, and is actually Texan in real life!
No More 8-8's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009   #2
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade Deadline Tomorrow......

I just posted this in another thread, but anyone dreaming of a big beefy guy in the middle of our line can keep dreaming:
Quote:
One reason the Texans played such good run defense is because they've gotten lighter but more active and aggressive in the defensive line. The kept five ends and three tackles — Jeff Zgonina, Amobi Okoye and Frank Okam — active. Antonio Smith and Tim Bulman played inside as part of the rotation.

“We rallied to the ball and put a lot of hats on him (Benson),” Zgonina said. “It helped that we could chill a little on the bench while the offense was moving the ball so well. We were fresh.”
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009   #3
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 118532 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by No More 8-8's View Post
any rumors out there for us Texans fans???

Personally I would love to get Shaun Rogers from the Browns. Fills a huge need, plays tough, and is actually Texan in real life!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
I just posted this in another thread, but anyone dreaming of a big beefy guy in the middle of our line can keep dreaming:
Shaun Rogers is a big beefy dude who can move. Perfect fit IMO, and a huge boost to the run and pass defense.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009   #4
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I wouldn't mind trading a high draft pick next year for Rogers if it meant we'd be better equipped to make a push for the postseason. He definately fits the bill of an impact NT for our team and would put a guy like Zgonina in his more natural role as a rotation player at this stage of his career instead of key contributor for the stretch run. The old man cant play at the level he's been playing at recently all season imo, that's just too much to ask of a vet with his years.
Old 10-19-2009   #5
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Shaun Rogers is a big beefy dude who can move. Perfect fit IMO, and a huge boost to the run and pass defense.
Rogers was mentioned on one of the radio shows last Friday. 355 lbs one sack 09 and 30 years old. As there is no DT in draft I want and only two possibles in free agency, I'd offer a 2 this year but hesitate over a first round.
Old 10-19-2009   #6
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
I wouldn't mind trading a high draft pick next year for Rogers if it meant we'd be better equipped to make a push for the postseason. He definately fits the bill of an impact NT for our team and would put a guy like Zgonina in his more natural role as a rotation player at this stage of his career instead of key contributor for the stretch run. The old man cant play at the level he's been playing at recently all season imo, that's just too much to ask of a vet with his years.
It would have to be conditional. I think I would give up a 3rd that could become a second if he/we meet certain goals. Maybe try and get Jamal Lewis as well.
Old 10-19-2009   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
It would have to be conditional. I think I would give up a 3rd that could become a second if he/we meet certain goals. Maybe try and get Jamal Lewis as well.
I like the Jamal Lewis idea.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-19-2009   #8
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm probably gonna get flamed for saying this, but now's the time to move Jacoby while his stock is high.

If not him, we could probably afford to part with one or more of our receivers.

6 good WR's on one roster is a luxury.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009   #9
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
I'm probably gonna get flamed for saying this, but now's the time to move Jacoby while his stock is high.

If not him, we could probably afford to part with one or more of our receivers.

6 good WR's on one roster is a luxury.
I agree with you. I think Andre Davis could easily fill his role back up as a long threat and his hands are more dependable. Also Martinez has done well before as a PR.
Old 10-19-2009   #10
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

the Jets just cut Howard Green. He was orginally drafted by the Texans in the 6th rd. back in 02 to play Nose in Capers 3-4. 6-2 320. just a space eater
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009   #11
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I agree with you. I think Andre Davis could easily fill his role back up as a long threat and his hands are more dependable. Also Martinez has done well before as a PR.
Andre Davis can't get it done. Jacoby is a better wide reciever, at this point. Davis couldn't hack it. JJ stretches the field, and has been pretty dependable as a wide out. He also returns better. Can't get onboard with this, unless we could nab a 2nd.
Old 10-19-2009   #12
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Andre will bust one before the year's through. Jacoby is showing alot of plus but there are so many holes, you can afford to let Jacoby go.
Old 10-19-2009   #13
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Jacoby would only be expendable for me if we got a really good player in return or maybe a 2nd. He is a true weapon on special teams when he holds on and is now becoming a weapon in the receiving game like we've wanted him to be.
Old 10-19-2009   #14
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 108383 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I seriously doubt the Texans will make a move. I like the idea of Shaun Rogers, he would be great along side of Amobi. As far as Jacoby, I used to be on the cut him bandwagon, but he has changed my mind this season. With eight receptions, and 3 TDs, he has a hell of a TD to reception ratio. I think if we did trade him it would come back to bite the Texans in the arse somehow, someway. I would rather just keep him.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009   #15
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

I'm saying trade him for Shaun Rogers. That would be the only trade I would make unless it was something even better.
Old 10-19-2009   #16
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected

The way JJ has been playing this season, he's more than a luxury, he's a key contributor even with the occasional muff. He's finally developing into a bonafide NFL player instead of a raw project!!! If he keeps this up he's got the opportunity to be a premier deep threat in the NFL for us and a nightmare for DCs. How can they dedicate a safety to AJ at all times when they've only got one other safety to help the other CBs/LBers with KW and OD who can kill them underneath or JJ who can go the distance if he gets a step on their CB?

This becomes even more problematic if we use Slaton the rest of the season like we did yesterday having him take more screen passes to get him out in space and make plays with the football which is something we should've been doing every game since day 1 with that playmaker!!!
Old 10-19-2009   #17
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
like we did yesterday having him take more screen passes to get him out in space and make plays with the football which is something we should've been doing every game since day 1 with that playmaker!!!
No joke. Just about every screen he's taken has gone for big gains. Even the one against NYj when he fumbled.
Old 10-19-2009   #18
ReliantTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 364 ReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we should try and move one of our TEs, Dreessen most likely. There are teams that are in need of a sure handed TE like Dreessen. I'm sure his value would be pretty high to a team like the Bengals, who have no reliable pass catchers at that spot.
ReliantTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009   #19
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReliantTexan View Post
I think we should try and move one of our TEs, Dreessen most likely. There are teams that are in need of a sure handed TE like Dreessen. I'm sure his value would be pretty high to a team like the Bengals, who have no reliable pass catchers at that spot.
They'd have to give us Clark Harris back in return.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009   #20
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReliantTexan View Post
The Bengals would certainly be a candidate to trade Dreesen to but after their injuries on the DL (Odom and Peko) I dont think they'd have the depth to make a move. Dreesen would be more valuable to us than whatever players the Bengals would be willing to give us in exchange that would help us win this season.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read