Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Trade Deadline Tomorrow......

No More 8-8's

Waterboy
any rumors out there for us Texans fans???

Personally I would love to get Shaun Rogers from the Browns. Fills a huge need, plays tough, and is actually Texan in real life!

I just posted this in another thread, but anyone dreaming of a big beefy guy in the middle of our line can keep dreaming:
One reason the Texans played such good run defense is because they've gotten lighter but more active and aggressive in the defensive line. The kept five ends and three tackles — Jeff Zgonina, Amobi Okoye and Frank Okam — active. Antonio Smith and Tim Bulman played inside as part of the rotation.

“We rallied to the ball and put a lot of hats on him (Benson),” Zgonina said. “It helped that we could chill a little on the bench while the offense was moving the ball so well. We were fresh.”

Personally I would love to get Shaun Rogers from the Browns. Fills a huge need, plays tough, and is actually Texan in real life!

I just posted this in another thread, but anyone dreaming of a big beefy guy in the middle of our line can keep dreaming:

Shaun Rogers is a big beefy dude who can move. Perfect fit IMO, and a huge boost to the run and pass defense.

I wouldn't mind trading a high draft pick next year for Rogers if it meant we'd be better equipped to make a push for the postseason. He definately fits the bill of an impact NT for our team and would put a guy like Zgonina in his more natural role as a rotation player at this stage of his career instead of key contributor for the stretch run. The old man cant play at the level he's been playing at recently all season imo, that's just too much to ask of a vet with his years.

Shaun Rogers is a big beefy dude who can move. Perfect fit IMO, and a huge boost to the run and pass defense.
Rogers was mentioned on one of the radio shows last Friday. 355 lbs one sack 09 and 30 years old. As there is no DT in draft I want and only two possibles in free agency, I'd offer a 2 this year but hesitate over a first round.

I wouldn't mind trading a high draft pick next year for Rogers if it meant we'd be better equipped to make a push for the postseason. He definately fits the bill of an impact NT for our team and would put a guy like Zgonina in his more natural role as a rotation player at this stage of his career instead of key contributor for the stretch run. The old man cant play at the level he's been playing at recently all season imo, that's just too much to ask of a vet with his years.

It would have to be conditional. I think I would give up a 3rd that could become a second if he/we meet certain goals. Maybe try and get Jamal Lewis as well.

I'm probably gonna get flamed for saying this, but now's the time to move Jacoby while his stock is high.

If not him, we could probably afford to part with one or more of our receivers.

6 good WR's on one roster is a luxury.

I'm probably gonna get flamed for saying this, but now's the time to move Jacoby while his stock is high.

If not him, we could probably afford to part with one or more of our receivers.

6 good WR's on one roster is a luxury.

I agree with you. I think Andre Davis could easily fill his role back up as a long threat and his hands are more dependable. Also Martinez has done well before as a PR.

the Jets just cut Howard Green. He was orginally drafted by the Texans in the 6th rd. back in 02 to play Nose in Capers 3-4. 6-2 320. just a space eater :fridge:

I agree with you. I think Andre Davis could easily fill his role back up as a long threat and his hands are more dependable. Also Martinez has done well before as a PR.

Andre Davis can't get it done. Jacoby is a better wide reciever, at this point. Davis couldn't hack it. JJ stretches the field, and has been pretty dependable as a wide out. He also returns better. Can't get onboard with this, unless we could nab a 2nd.

Andre will bust one before the year's through. Jacoby is showing alot of plus but there are so many holes, you can afford to let Jacoby go.

Jacoby would only be expendable for me if we got a really good player in return or maybe a 2nd. He is a true weapon on special teams when he holds on and is now becoming a weapon in the receiving game like we've wanted him to be.

I seriously doubt the Texans will make a move. I like the idea of Shaun Rogers, he would be great along side of Amobi. As far as Jacoby, I used to be on the cut him bandwagon, but he has changed my mind this season. With eight receptions, and 3 TDs, he has a hell of a TD to reception ratio. I think if we did trade him it would come back to bite the Texans in the arse somehow, someway. I would rather just keep him.

I'm saying trade him for Shaun Rogers. That would be the only trade I would make unless it was something even better.

The way JJ has been playing this season, he's more than a luxury, he's a key contributor even with the occasional muff. He's finally developing into a bonafide NFL player instead of a raw project!!! If he keeps this up he's got the opportunity to be a premier deep threat in the NFL for us and a nightmare for DCs. How can they dedicate a safety to AJ at all times when they've only got one other safety to help the other CBs/LBers with KW and OD who can kill them underneath or JJ who can go the distance if he gets a step on their CB?

This becomes even more problematic if we use Slaton the rest of the season like we did yesterday having him take more screen passes to get him out in space and make plays with the football which is something we should've been doing every game since day 1 with that playmaker!!!

like we did yesterday having him take more screen passes to get him out in space and make plays with the football which is something we should've been doing every game since day 1 with that playmaker!!!

No joke. Just about every screen he's taken has gone for big gains. Even the one against NYj when he fumbled.

I think we should try and move one of our TEs, Dreessen most likely. There are teams that are in need of a sure handed TE like Dreessen. I'm sure his value would be pretty high to a team like the Bengals, who have no reliable pass catchers at that spot.

I think we should try and move one of our TEs, Dreessen most likely. There are teams that are in need of a sure handed TE like Dreessen. I'm sure his value would be pretty high to a team like the Bengals, who have no reliable pass catchers at that spot.

They'd have to give us Clark Harris back in return.

The Bengals would certainly be a candidate to trade Dreesen to but after their injuries on the DL (Odom and Peko) I dont think they'd have the depth to make a move. Dreesen would be more valuable to us than whatever players the Bengals would be willing to give us in exchange that would help us win this season.

I don't see the Browns taking JJ when they've already got Cribbs. That would be an interesting dilemma on punts though.

I would totally go after Shaun Rogers. I wanted the Texans to make a move for him in the off season when Mangini and Rogers weren't getting along. Rogers can be as dominant as any DT in the entire league when he is motivated. The guy has had to play for the Lions and the stinky Browns for most of his career. That guy just needs to go to a team that is pretty good and is a player or two away. Rogers could help out this defense tremendously. He would easily be worth a 2nd rounder. They might as well trade him any way, since they are terrible with or without his ass. I would try and entice them with Jacoby Jones and some sort of conditional pick.

JJ has scored 4 TD's overall. Davis has yet to score. Why do we want to get rid of JJ again?

Admittedly, I've been down on JJ before, but the dude's a playmaker. I don't want to get rid of playmaker's unless they lose it or become a cancer to our team.

Plus, I've heard he's a good friend of AJ's. Let us not piss AJ off. :winky:

A move for Rogers would be reminiscent of the Colts trading for Booger Mcfarland, overall that trade didn't work out for them but I think they won the Super Bowl that year... :)

Another trade this would remind me of, is when the JETS got Kris Jenkins from the Panthers. Even though that was in the offseason, its possible that Shaun could fill a major hole we have, and be a great hometown story.

This could also help in luring away the "Tennessee VinceYoungs" Fans who only cheer for the Titans because they saw Vince play in Highschool.

Another trade this would remind me of, is when the JETS got Kris Jenkins from the Panthers. Even though that was in the offseason, its possible that Shaun could fill a major hole we have, and be a great hometown story.

This could also help in luring away the "Tennessee VinceYoungs" Fans who only cheer for the Titans because they saw Vince play in Highschool.

Not to mention with Rogers' ability to collapse the pocket Mario's pressures would become sacks.

Okay...enough salivating over a dream scenario...time to move on!!!

JJ has scored 4 TD's overall. Davis has yet to score. Why do we want to get rid of JJ again?

Admittedly, I've been down on JJ before, but the dude's a playmaker. I don't want to get rid of playmaker's unless they lose it or become a cancer to our team.

Plus, I've heard he's a good friend of AJ's. Let us not piss AJ off. :winky:

JJ's potential is never going to be that high as a WR. Hey if someone wants to buy high on him and give us something that can help out the defense then that would be a no brainer. The Texans offense is a great offense with or without Jacoby Jones. They need help out on defense right now.

Sean Rogers would be our answer at DT.

JJ's potential is never going to be that high as a WR. Hey if someone wants to buy high on him and give us something that can help out the defense then that would be a no brainer. The Texans offense is a great offense with or without Jacoby Jones. They need help out on defense right now.

Sean Rogers would be our answer at DT.

Well, put me in the hold on to JJ group if there is one. Now, don't get me wrong, if we were offered something significantly better than what was spent on him, I'd listen.

I've never been a fan of trading draft picks. If this Shaun Rodgers dream trade ever became a reality I reckon the Browns would want a little more than JJ.

LMAO!!! Some dumbass Dallas Cowboys fan just called into 790/Charlie Pallilo and proposed a Roy Williams and Marion Barber for Andre Johnson trade.

whew! I'm sorry.......I like Marion Barber and all (Roy is a absolute BUM though, with a capital B), but that guy killed me. LOL. I had to post this one here. I swear Cowboy fans think they'll just be able to pick up anybody......I bet right now they're busy putting a crack proof trade together for Peyton Manning. :rolleyes:

LMAO!!! Some dumbass Dallas Cowboys fan just called into 790/Charlie Pallilo and proposed a Roy Williams and Marion Barber for Andre Johnson trade.

whew! I'm sorry.......I like Marion Barber and all (Roy is a absolute BUM though, with a capital B), but that guy killed me. LOL. I had to post this one here. I swear Cowboy fans think they'll just be able to pick up anybody......I bet right now they're busy putting a crack proof trade together for Peyton Manning. :rolleyes:

In their wettest dreams. Sorry, nope, not gonna happen. But, if they want to root for AJ, they can just drop their love affair with "America's Team" and start rooting for the best team in Texas, the Houston Texans!

I just listened to the Kubiak press conference. He was asked about the possibility of a trade and acted extra goofy about it. I think something is up and expect a trade of some kind to happen based on his body language and huge grin. He deflected the question to an absent Rick Smith but he looked like a kid with his hand in the cookie jar.

That is hilarious. LOL

I just listened to the Kubiak press conference. He was asked about the possibility of a trade and acted extra goofy about it. I think something is up and expect a trade of some kind to happen based on his body language and huge grin. He deflected the question to an absent Rick Smith but he looked like a kid with his hand in the cookie jar.

Mmm, very interesting. Kinda makes me feel like a kid on Christmas eve, whats under the tree?

I noticed that myself. Did McClain mention a specific player? I couldn't hear his entire question.

He did act extra-bashful, didn't he?

Hmmm

Smiled like the cat and the canary. Very unusual for the presser. But he seemed to say we going to be getting our guys ready.

I'd be surprised if it happened.

I would totally go after Shaun Rogers. I wanted the Texans to make a move for him in the off season when Mangini and Rogers weren't getting along. Rogers can be as dominant as any DT in the entire league when he is motivated. The guy has had to play for the Lions and the stinky Browns for most of his career. That guy just needs to go to a team that is pretty good and is a player or two away. Rogers could help out this defense tremendously. He would easily be worth a 2nd rounder. They might as well trade him any way, since they are terrible with or without his ass. I would try and entice them with Jacoby Jones and some sort of conditional pick.
I agree. JJ is playing better and his excitement + TDs makes him interesting. His TD yesterday was fairly open. I'd offer him and a 3rd that could move up to a 2nd based on productivity of Rodgers. We need a solid DT. Yes that is a lot but if it don't hurt it probably is a sucker deal.

Smiled like the cat and the canary. Very unusual for the presser. But he seemed to say we going to be getting our guys ready.

I'd be surprised if it happened.

He didn't use that line until a lot of grinning and goofing around. So, without further adeiu, here's my list of prospects:

1. Larry Johnson
2. Ladell Betts
3. Derrick Ward

I have a hard time believing we'd trade right now for another position... perhaps a guard, but I doubt it and I really don't think they are going to mess around with the defensive line rotation.

They show it live. I do not think they record it. They will usually have a transcript of the quotes sometimes excluding nutty questions.

Are you calling Barry Warner nutty??

(Because he is. Beyond nutty, actually.)

He gets his question cut from the transcript almost every week, LOL.

He didn't use that line until a lot of grinning and goofing around. So, without further adeiu, here's my list of prospects:

1. Larry Johnson
2. Ladell Betts
3. Derrick Ward

I have a hard time believing we'd trade right now for another position... perhaps a guard, but I doubt it and I really don't think they are going to mess around with the defensive line rotation.
Oh, they would mess around with Dline greatly if the right trade was there.

1. Larry Johnson
2. Ladell Betts
3. Derrick Ward

If we give up anything for any of those guys, I'm going to hit myself in the head with a hammer.

1. Larry Johnson
2. Ladell Betts
3. Derrick Ward

Steven Jackson?

I like the idea of Rogers for a high draft pick. Since I know someone will bring it up, I don't like the idea of Vince Young for anything. If young is going anywhere, I'd guess the Cowboys.

Steven Jackson?

That's my guy as well...

Larry Johnson is a bum, he hasn't done crap since he lost the future HOFer Willie Roaf and other very talented lineman. He was nothing, but a product of that dominating line the Chiefs "USED" to have.....even Chief fans admit it. I wouldn't give up a 4th round pick for him.

That's my guy as well...

Larry Johnson is a bum, he hasn't done crap since he lost the future HOFer Willie Roaf and other very talented lineman. He was nothing, but a product of that dominating line the Chiefs "USED" to have.....even Chief fans admit it. I wouldn't give up a 4th round pick for him.

His health would be somewhat of an issue, but there's no doubt the dude can beast.

I don't think the Texans would even look at LJ given his past problems with the Chiefs.

Back