Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-18-2009   #1
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Schaub

Leads the league with 14 passing TD's (Breesus is 2nd with 13), and is second in passing yards with 1810 (Big Ben has 1887).

Just for fun, on his current pace he'd finish the season with: 37 TD's, 4827 yards.

He's certainly struggled at times, but one might say he's playing pretty well . It'd be nice if he could completely eliminate those pics (especially the pick 6's), but when we're asking him to put the offense on his shoulders and throw it 40 times per game it's just unrealistic at the point, IMO, to expect him to play completely error free.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009   #2
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Re: Schaub

If only we had a franchise QB...

Schaub is our guy, whether you like it or not. He's not the prettiest, but he gets the job done.
Old 10-18-2009   #3
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 275769 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

He sucks, we need to cut him and get a real QB.
Old 10-18-2009   #4
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

He's a top 5 QB
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009   #5
Mailman
Pwned by Hakeem

Rep Power: 3019 Mailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respectedMailman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Sadly, there are people who still believe this crap. He is not the field general like a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, he's not the tough mfer like a Roethlisberger, and he doesn't have the gun of a Jay Cutler or Brett Favre, but the guy can play quarterback at a very high level.
Mailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009   #6
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 21478 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I agree he sucks. When the Raiders cut Russel we should pick him up!!!!!!!
Old 10-18-2009   #7
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

If the guy can avoid getting injured.

He seems to have developed a better plan for ejecting from dangerous situations. And we see a lot less tucking it and running with it.

And Fat Albert is in the NFC now. That's a good deal for any Texans QB.
Old 10-18-2009   #8
was385
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lou View Post
I agree he sucks. When the Raiders cut Russel we should pick him up!!!!!!!

What are you talking about? That arm, that size, that mobility! In Al Davis' eyes, he's the best thing to happen to football since the forward pass (and he should know, he was there).
was385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Can we still get Vince?

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009   #10
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

I think most of the "reasonable" posters have said that he is a very good QB as long as he stays healthy for a whole year. That has been my take.
stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009   #11
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 2846 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub AJ OD and Cush are mediocre-good. none of them have really proved to be elite players and none of them look like they can start many other places than Houston.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009   #12
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

yes, but can he avoid getting hurt?
Old 10-18-2009   #13
BrandonLwowski
Veteran

Rep Power: 53 BrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respected

He is not the best qb in the nfl don't get me wrong..but he is pretty dam good...last week he made a couple bad throws..and today one pick but other than that i am happy with his production...most tds right now in the nfl...2nd in yards...i think he is having a solid year
Old 10-18-2009   #14
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87675 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I wasn't a believer in Schaub really. I thought he had potential and all, but he's completely won me over. Schaub has been great this season. He may not be the most accurate passer all of the time, but I'll take his production any day of the week.

I thought about this earlier and this is the first season the Texans have ever had where we've had good QB play. It's been fun to watch and finally have that going for us.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009   #15
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

I think if he starts making the plays a la Dreessen open in the end zone at the end of the AZ game and sealing close wins for us his reputation will catch up to his production.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009   #16
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think its funny when people get upset that he threw a pick. He had 4 TDs. Any QB would kill for a 4:1 TD/Int ratio
Old 10-18-2009   #17
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I wasn't a believer in Schaub really. I thought he had potential and all, but he's completely won me over. Schaub has been great this season. He may not be the most accurate passer all of the time, but I'll take his production any day of the week.

I thought about this earlier and this is the first season the Texans have ever had where we've had good QB play. It's been fun to watch and finally have that going for us.
Give Schaub a decent interior line and imagine the possibilities. I'm beginning to believe that Meyers has to go. I've not been on the Meyers must go bandwagon but I'm jumping on after today. I thought I kept seeing Meyers block the same defender as whoever is on his side. Like Meyers and White or Studdard gang up on somebody while Studdard or White was left to fend for himself blocking two. Schaub kept rolling out because of a guy pursuing him. Too many times I saw somebody come inside untouched. Schaub is one smart QB who lets the ball sail from him sometimes. I love Matt Schaub and I'm happy he's a Houston Texan. Always have been happy about that.

I'm going to rewatch the game in just a few minutes and I'll keep my eyes on that interior line to confirm my suspicions.
Old 10-18-2009   #18
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 172895 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailman View Post
Sadly, there are people who still believe this crap. He is not the field general like a Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, he's not the tough mfer like a Roethlisberger, and he doesn't have the gun of a Jay Cutler or Brett Favre, but the guy can play quarterback at a very high level.
But aren't those are the things we need for our QB to take us to the next level??

Maybe he'll develop the field general thing in time; i.e., improve his decision-making. But the other "gifts", probably not gonna happen. One has to be born with a "gun" and either be blessed with natural toughness or be surrounded by fabulous pass protection (see Brees or P.Manning). Maybe we will work on that pass protection thing.

I don't hate Schaub. He's obviously way better than what we had. And he surely had enough to get us out of the rut we were in with HWWNBN, I just wonder if he has "enough" to get us into saaaay the AFC championship game?
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009   #19
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

THis is the reason we can't get rid of Kubes, even if we go 8-8 again. I think a big part of why he's doing so well is b/c he and the offense are finally comfortable with the system. As long as he has time, he's as good as any qb in the league.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009   #20
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

He's got decision making issues that need to improve, but I genuinely believe he's more than capable of being the starting QB on a successful NFL team. The other thing that hasn't been mentioned is that he's still got upside, and he's still developing. I think it's easy to forget that between the time backing up Vick, and the games missed due to injury, he still doesn't have the equivalent of two starting seasons. Say what you want, but it's reasonable to expect continued growth from him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read