Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-18-2009   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default OD one handed diving td catch

Does anyone have a link to OD's awesome catch? I'm looking to change my desktop from AJ's fingertip td against the Tacks to this one.
Old 10-18-2009   #2
RagingBull
Hall of Shame

Rep Power: 3847 RagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default OD's 1 Handed Catch Makes Top 5

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos...-Top-5-catches

Came in as #2 of the week. Congrats!
RagingBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009   #3
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OD one handed diving td catch

I was ready to ***** as to why OD was ranked so low at #2. Then I saw Donald Driver's catch. WOW!
Old 10-19-2009   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 153310 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Then I saw Donald Driver's catch. WOW!
In case you were wondering, that was ex-Texan Petey Faggins that got scorched.
Old 10-19-2009   #5
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
To be fair, how the hell are you going to defend that catch?
Old 10-19-2009   #6
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Driver deserved that #1 for sure... wow...

Grats to OD for the #2, well deserved!
Old 10-19-2009   #7
whiskeyrbl

Great catch by OD.
Sponsored links
Old 10-19-2009   #8
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
To be fair, how the hell are you going to defend that catch?
By flailing around and not looking for the ball even once? And probably just a little interference for good measure? Maybe not in such a disgusting fashion but most good receivers are coming down with that ball over Petri.

How 'bout it for Daniels? Instincts tell you to reach for that miracle and he actually came down with it. Daniels needed a special dance for that but went with the classic spike....Jacoby, help your boy out...
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

What OD had to say about the catch. Very nice.

Quote:
"I am happy that Matt (Schaub) gave me a chance to make a play on that ball. It's a play that we like to use in the red zone. I found myself jammed up between two lineman before I squeezed through it. I was able to stick my hand out and luckily, Nike makes a sticky glove and the ball stuck to it."
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=5703
Old 10-19-2009   #10
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

od's one handed grab made me spill my beer.

someone needs to make a .gif of andre's td where he bullied the cards.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009   #11
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2030 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE

I was watching the game with my girlfriend when this happened. I think I rewound the game like 7 times to show her how amazing this catch was. She probably thought I was nuts.
Old 10-19-2009   #12
No More 8-8's
Veteran

Rep Power: 135 No More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respectedNo More 8-8's is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyE View Post
I was watching the game with my girlfriend when this happened. I think I rewound the game like 7 times to show her how amazing this catch was. She probably thought I was nuts.
You are a lucky man, to have a girlfriend willing to watch the replay of the catch with you for seven times. Hold on to that one.
No More 8-8's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009   #13
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
I think bong said it all.

I like DeMarcus Faggins. Hard to forget that Jacksonville game and the famous sea of red photo.
Old 10-19-2009   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

That catch was a work of art. Just beautiful.

I hope they do everything that they can to keep OD as a Texan. I've liked him since he was drafted, and to those that think he'll be easily replaced, y'all are nuts.
Old 10-19-2009   #15
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

I hope they do everything that they can to keep OD as a Texan. I've liked him since he was drafted, and to those that think he'll be easily replaced, y'all are nuts.
Count me as one of the ones who questioned the idea of keeping him at all costs.

I wanted to play wait-and-see, to look at THIS season's body of work from OD.

His body (of work) looks really good.

Pay the man what he wants. Demeco, too. Dunta can have fun hitching his wagon to some other team as far as I am concerned.
Old 10-19-2009   #16
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Somebody tell me what website I can take my .avi file of OD's catch, so I can make an animated .gif

I also have that huge hit that Dunta put on Caldwell near the end of the game.
Old 10-19-2009   #17
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Does anyone else agree with me that ODs game was a result of the screen passes to Steve Slaton out of the backfield? I mean there were times when OD was just open as can be and that last TD was him just one on one with a LB.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009   #18
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Count me as one of the ones who questioned the idea of keeping him at all costs.

I wanted to play wait-and-see, to look at THIS season's body of work from OD.

His body (of work) looks really good.

Pay the man what he wants. Demeco, too. Dunta can have fun hitching his wagon to some other team as far as I am concerned.
This.

Pay that man OD. He's easily a top 3 TE in the league.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 114958 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

I've always been on OD's side as well. I even had the wife comment on his facebook thingy when he was being barraged by negative comments.

I will say this though. I think James Casey has tremendous hands, like OD, and should be utilized in our offense at some time. I like Dreessen, but I think Casey's speed and athleticism will eventually leave the coaches without much choice next season.
Old 10-19-2009   #20
RagingBull
Hall of Shame

Rep Power: 3847 RagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I've always been on OD's side as well. I even had the wife comment on his facebook thingy when he was being barraged by negative comments.

I will say this though. I think James Casey has tremendous hands, like OD, and should be utilized in our offense at some time. I like Dreessen, but I think Casey's speed and athleticism will eventually leave the coaches without much choice next season.
I am 100% with you. I think Casey is probably as talented as OD, he has just not had time to develop. Can you imagine if we have that threat from both TE's from a two tight end set?

I am guessing they basically drafted him in case OD wanted more money that they were willing to pay.
RagingBull is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read