Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-18-2009   #1
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kieth Olbermann

I'm watching highlights on Sunday Night Football, is this guy for real? He sucks, any guy who does his stupid voice-overs and silly comments would get the snot beat out of him.
Old 10-18-2009   #2
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kieth Olbermann

Sunday Night Football on NBC sucks period. They made ESPN stop showing ESPN Primetime the greatest show ever because they couldnt use the highlights while NBC does.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009   #3
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

sick and tired of him and every single commentator that has to thrown in these sassy sarcastic remarks over every damn highlight. try to have SOME dignity
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009   #4
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49149 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

He needs to be fired.

The Highwaymen
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009   #5
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyFresh View Post
I'm watching highlights on Sunday Night Football, is this guy for real? He sucks, any guy who does his stupid voice-overs and silly comments would get the snot beat out of him.
Keith hasn't evolved from his SportsCenter days.

He's also a grade-A leftist liberal hack.

No wonder so many people can't stand to watch him. It translates to sports-casting, as well.
Old 10-19-2009   #6
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Keith hasn't evolved from his SportsCenter days.

He's also a grade-A leftist liberal hack.

No wonder so many people can't stand to watch him. It translates to sports-casting, as well.
I would bet a years pay if Olberman wanted to buy an NFL team nobody would say a word. I don't care for Rush at all, but the tactics used against him by the very people who pay Keith's salary were despicable at best, yet Obernerd gets away with nonsensical and untrue BS on a daily basis. I think they both represent the worst of their causes, but I see Keith O being allowed on NBC football coverage as a load of crap. At least if he knew sports it would be understandable.
Old 10-19-2009   #7
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

His schtick may be a little old, but I still enjoy seeing Olbermann and Patrick on the same set again. They were my favorite Sportscenter talking heads duo, with Stuart Scott and Rich Eisen a close second. As far as the comments, the usual right wing knuckle draggers are always going to have something negative to say about someone who has different political view than they do. They probably loved life when Rush was on Countdown for that oh so short stint. Go figure.
Old 10-19-2009   #8
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I would bet a years pay if Olberman wanted to buy an NFL team nobody would say a word. I don't care for Rush at all, but the tactics used against him by the very people who pay Keith's salary were despicable at best, yet Obernerd gets away with nonsensical and untrue BS on a daily basis. I think they both represent the worst of their causes, but I see Keith O being allowed on NBC football coverage as a load of crap. At least if he knew sports it would be understandable.
Olbermann isn't a bigot. that's perhaps the biggest difference.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan JBZ View Post
His schtick may be a little old, but I still enjoy seeing Olbermann and Patrick on the same set again. They were my favorite Sportscenter talking heads duo, with Stuart Scott and Rich Eisen a close second. As far as the comments, the usual right wing knuckle draggers are always going to have something negative to say about someone who has different political view than they do. They probably loved life when Rush was on Countdown for that oh so short stint. Go figure.
Politically, Olbermann is irrelevant. He sucks as a sportscaster. Always has, always will. Dude thought he was bigger than ESPN and found out (the hard way) he wasn't.
Old 10-19-2009   #10
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120415 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

someone is guzzling the Hater-aide today. I've no issues with Olberman. Don't always agree with the guy, but he is who he is. I have to give the guy credit, the staff who does research for his show is very thorough.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009   #11
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Politically, Olbermann is irrelevant. He sucks as a sportscaster. Always has, always will. Dude thought he was bigger than ESPN and found out (the hard way) he wasn't.
Agree but I hate his politics too...not because of it being left or right but because it is National Enquirer journalism. The guy went from being on one of the most successful and funny ESPN pairings with Dan Patrick to being a failure at other sports gigs with Fox and others. When he got his political/whatever gig he turned it into some kind of hard core feigned outrage of everything on one side and just looked like an ass clown. Now I can't take him seriously doing sports again because he takes himself too seriously and it is pretty sad. The guy is a chump.
Old 10-19-2009   #12
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Olberman cares more about America than Rush. Rush only cares about two things. Money and Power. Rush is an example of what is wrong with America. Olbermann is a bit snooty and east coast for me, but the guy has more ethical and moral fiber in his pinky finger than Rush has in his whole fat ass body.

The guy is a message board troll that spits his vitrole on the radio rather than a message board.

If you are not making over 100k a year and you support Rush, you are an *****. The guy is a hypocrite, an elitist, a greedy bastard, a liar, a troll, and a fat pile of dog doodoo. Rush only cares about today and his own supporters, what about our children and our soldiers? Rush doesn't give a rat's ass. I can't stand Hannity but at least he cares about people and gives back to the community.

Rush wants our country to fail just so he can be right in his flawed way of thinking.

I am not a fan of some of Obama's plans most notably health care for anyone in our country and I can't stand his placating of illegal immigration, but Obama cares more about our country than Rush could dream of. Rush only cares about money.
Old 10-19-2009   #13
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 120415 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Olberman cares more about America than Rush. Rush only cares about two things. Money and Power. Rush is an example of what is wrong with America. Olbermann is a bit snooty and east coast for me, but the guy has more ethical and moral fiber in his pinky finger than Rush has in his whole fat ass body.

The guy is a message board troll that spits his vitrole on the radio rather than a message board.

If you are not making over 100k a year and you support Rush, you are an *****. The guy is a hypocrite, an elitist, a greedy bastard, a liar, a troll, and a fat pile of dog doodoo. Rush only cares about today and his own supporters, what about our children and our soldiers? Rush doesn't give a rat's ass. I can't stand Hannity but at least he cares about people and gives back to the community.

Rush wants our country to fail just so he can be right in his flawed way of thinking.

I am not a fan of some of Obama's plans most notably health care for anyone in our country and I can't stand his placating of illegal immigration, but Obama cares more about our country than Rush could dream of. Rush only cares about money.

From what I read about health care reform there are no plans to provide coverage to illegal aliens.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 105157 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Good Lord! Do we have to go into a political rant?

Personally, I don't give a frog's fat ass what his political views are when it comes to football. I think the guy makes a joke of himself on SNF. The way he talks players down during his spew is pathetic. He's the primary reason I stay on NFLN until game time.
Old 10-19-2009   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Agree but I hate his politics too...not because of it being left or right but because it is National Enquirer journalism. The guy went from being on one of the most successful and funny ESPN pairings with Dan Patrick to being a failure at other sports gigs with Fox and others. When he got his political/whatever gig he turned it into some kind of hard core feigned outrage of everything on one side and just looked like an ass clown. Now I can't take him seriously doing sports again because he takes himself too seriously and it is pretty sad. The guy is a chump.
I have tried watching his political show on MSNBC. Is there possibly a worse show than that abomination?? Thus, my "irrelevant" comment, but I agree with everything you've said above.
Old 10-19-2009   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post

Personally, I don't give a frog's fat ass what his political views are when it comes to football. I think the guy makes a joke of himself on SNF. The way he talks players down during his spew is pathetic. He's the primary reason I stay on NFLN until game time.
I do the same thing.
Old 10-19-2009   #17
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 103337 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't watch Olbermann.

Every time he turns and looks at the camera I see the dramatic chipmunk and bust out laughing.

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009   #18
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post

Turning around in the mirror...still small.
Old 10-19-2009   #19
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74980 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
Olbermann isn't a bigot. that's perhaps the biggest difference.
Not that I'm a Rush fan but before you call somebody a bigot you should have to supply facts that support your case.

Just sayin
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009   #20
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 126226 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

"Ceytainly, you take the blond and I'll take the one in the touyban."

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read