Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-15-2009   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 203027 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default You Snooze, You Lose......

and that's exactly what's happening.

From Brian Cushing's blog:

Quote:
Busy Days

Written by Brian Cushing, Thursday October 15 2009

In my rookie year Iíve found that I really have no time off at all. On Tuesday, my day off, I went to the stadium to work out, then I had treatment, iced my shoulder, iced my knee, got a massage. I went home and got in the hyperbaric chamber for an hour. Then I just hung out watching film of the Cincinnati Bengals, and that was really the only time I had to myself all week.

On a practice day Iím up at 5:15 a.m. just to get started early. I get to the facility and get my treatment, then we have a meeting at 7:15. We practice until about 1:30 or 2 p.m., then more meetings and they send me home after some more treatment. I usually get home around 4:30 every day. Then I like to watch a little game film on my own, they give you a DVD cut up with the things you want to see from the other team.

They let us eat during meetings because they know you have so little time. Guys also fall asleep in meetings all the time, but I sit in the front to make sure that doesnít happen.
Itís a busy schedule but I know I wouldnít trade it for anything. To me, Iím doing the best thing in the world. When it gets tough you just have to realize that this is everything youíve worked for.
Sadly, enough said........
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009   #2
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: You Snooze, You Lose......

Is this just a Kubiak thing or does it happen all across the NFL? Or do we know?
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009   #3
Lucky

Rep Power: 160417 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Cushing
Guys also fall asleep in meetings all the time, but I sit in the front to make sure that doesnít happen.
There will come a time when guys don't fall asleep in meetings that Brian Cushing attends.

No wonder some guys love to play for Gary Kubiak...
Old 10-15-2009   #4
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I have no idea how people who make millions of dollars a year can fall asleep in meetings with no repercussions. I'm surprised someone hasn't taken a leadership role in kicking some sleeping tail.
Old 10-15-2009   #5
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
I have no idea how people who make millions of dollars a year can fall asleep in meetings with no repercussions. I'm surprised someone hasn't taken a leadership role in kicking some sleeping tail.
Sure, they get paid millions of dollars, but that doesn't make them above being human. I'm a student, and technically the ONLY thing I have to do is go to class, learn, and do homework. Yet, I still fall asleep during class sometimes. Yeah, they're being paid millions. But being paid millions doesn't mean that you don't get tired.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009   #6
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 203027 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
Sure, they get paid millions of dollars, but that doesn't make them above being human. I'm a student, and technically the ONLY thing I have to do is go to class, learn, and do homework. Yet, I still fall asleep during class sometimes. Yeah, they're being paid millions. But being paid millions doesn't mean that you don't get tired.
I hope you're not flunking like they are.
Old 10-15-2009   #7
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 51562 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No offense, but c'mon man. I worked 40+ hours a week while going to night school for most of my college career and I can say that I never fell asleep in class. I wanted to on many occasions and in classes where the professor had obviously phoned it in, I really considered it. Never did it though, I always thought it was lazy and disrespectful.

The best professors I had in school would never have tolerated someone falling asleep in their classroom and it surprises me that this actually goes on under Kubiaks watch or in the NFL at all.
Old 10-15-2009   #8
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloaknnndagger View Post
i hope you're not flunking like they are.
+ 1!!!
Old 10-15-2009   #9
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Jimmy Johnson cut John Roper for falling asleep in meetings.

I cant believe Kubes is letting this kind of crap go on.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009   #10
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84495 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I hope you're not flunking like they are.
Well said
Old 10-15-2009   #11
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Jimmy Johnson cut John Roper for falling asleep in meetings.

I cant believe Kubes is letting this kind of crap go on.
It looks like Kubes gives "the kids" a little nap time after all their hard work. Probably gives them milk and cookies as well.
Old 10-15-2009   #12
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
No offense, but c'mon man. I worked 40+ hours a week while going to night school for most of my college career and I can say that I never fell asleep in class. I wanted to on many occasions and in classes where the professor had obviously phoned it in, I really considered it. Never did it though, I always thought it was lazy and disrespectful.

The best professors I had in school would never have tolerated someone falling asleep in their classroom and it surprises me that this actually goes on under Kubiaks watch or in the NFL at all.
Agreed. Finding cures are not that difficult. Someone should take pictures and have them regularly posted in the Chronicle. My guess is that all players quickly would spontaneously find themselves in bed by 9 P.M and sitting on tacks, if need be, to avoid somnolence during classroom activities.
Old 10-15-2009   #13
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post

Same here. I worked through school and I worked nights. Never slept a wink and did not miss very many classes.
Old 10-15-2009   #14
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
It looks like Kubes gives "the kids" a little nap time after all their hard work. Probably gives them milk and cookies as well.
This is why Kubes will be Former Houston Texans head coach GARY KUBIAK.

I have been a big Kubes supporter but if this kind of stuff is going on he needs to be fired ASAP.

You cant win if the players dont respect you.

It's obvious Kubes has lost the players respect.
Old 10-15-2009   #15
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was thinking something along those lines a someone who teaches you jerks (nice word) who fall asleep in class. Way too may people assume that money essentailly changes their sense of who they are. Most of the people who are disciplined are that way making $7.00 an hour or 7 million dollars. Money does not matter as much as most of you think that it does.
Old 10-15-2009   #16
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, Bob McNair has a rep for possessing the nicest and bestest NFL facilities.

So it figures that each player's chair in the meeting rooms is probably a huge recliner with a built-in massage system.

Attitude reflect leadership, and the leadership at the top is casual and folksy.

Hell, Bob probably takes some of them fishing and lets them operate his model trains.
Old 10-15-2009   #17
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Hell, Bob probably takes some of them fishing and lets them operate his model trains.
Really wouldn't surprise me at all.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009   #18
Lauren
Nom Nom Nom

Rep Power: 42349 Lauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respectedLauren is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
College class? Infinitely different from a team meeting. Or a work meeting for that matter.

If I were to fall asleep in a meeting I would have had my ass handed to me in seven different ways, and that's if I was allowed to keep my job. Not to mention I made what these NFL dudes probably find in their couch cushions any given week.

Last edited by Lauren; 10-15-2009 at 10:28 PM.
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009   #19
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 31109 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cushing

On a practice day Iím up at 5:15 a.m. just to get started early. I get to the facility and get my treatment, then we have a meeting at 7:15. We practice until about 1:30 or 2 p.m., then more meetings and they send me home after some more treatment. I usually get home around 4:30 every day. Then I like to watch a little game film on my own, they give you a DVD cut up with the things you want to see from the other team.
How many of you work 12-4 hours a day 6 days a week, that's exactly the schedule they are on. I doubt this is bad as it sounds as after lunch when watching film in a dark room I would bet it's not an easy thing to stay awake. We only get a glimpse I'm sure someone comes over and wakes them.

I doubt it's common, but hell I could be completely wrong.
silvrhand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009   #20
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87319 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
So it figures that each player's chair in the meeting rooms is probably a huge recliner with a built-in massage system.
This is a pic of the dline meeting room I took last season after the Bengals game. Hardly comfy.

TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read