Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2009   #1
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Bring In 7 For Workouts- Sign Reyes and Bing

http://www.examiner.com/x-778-Housto...examiner-email

It works sometimes, for a vavious reasons, but really with the trade deadline pending & season on line now is the time to act & aquire via trade a vet w/moxie, toughness, who understands & has experience w/ZBS. I'm no longer buying you can just fill in the hole with a free agent body & not lose a step, especially during the season without camp to prepare. The Texans need someone with the talent, skill set & who understands, maybe played for Gibbs in the past, how important his role is to saving this franchises season plus securing his own future.

There are now teams out there who realize their season is over & time to rebuild, Oakland, Tampa, Titans, Chiefs, Rams with Bills, Lions & Browns on life support. I seriously doubt any above average young OL stud will be traded like Peters was last off season from Buffalo to Philly. what I do expect are some capable NFL starting linemen who could be currently playing in the wrong scheme, older expereinced vets (they're thinking, over the hill) but actually could fit Gibbs ZBS.

I hope Rick Smith recognizes & addresses the Texans current state of OL affairs via a low key trade, that doesn't cost an arm & leg but fits right in with moves in past (Myers -6th via Denver) to see us through until the guys can recover this offseason & address OL in April.

Thats the crux of the problem, here is a possible solution: Texans could aquire OG Cooper Carlisle. He is 6-5 300 drafted in the 4th rd. by the Denver Broncos so he's played in ZBS experience plus worked under Gibbs. Last couple years he's been a Raider (don't use ZBS) so he is not playing to his strength. per Jay Glazer
Quote:
Raiders personnel people saying Al Davis was so frustrated after last weeks game, he asked his personnel people to call around and basically saying, who do you want. Anybody on our roster except for the really young talented guys. Anybody else, who do you want on our roster, they're up for sale."
http://msn.foxsports.com/video?vid=5...e-b0476611a90e
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009   #2
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Bring In 7 For Workouts

Yikes. Al Davis makes me thank my lucky stars I'm not a Raiders fan
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Nevermind
Old 10-14-2009   #4
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wilson's source reported that the Texans cut practice squad linebacker Buster Davis and worked out seven other players including veteran linebackers Monty Beisel, Rocky Boiman, Darnell Bing and Brandon Renkart, and free agent guards Terrence Metcalf, Adrian Jones and Tutan Reyes.
Beisel.

I guess Kubiak does want a Brisiel clone.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Nevermind
Quote:
The Houston Texans cut linebacker Buster Davis today and auditioned four veteran free agent linebackers, according to a league source.

The Texans also worked out veteran linebackers Monty Beisel (New England Patriots, Arizona Cardinals and Kansas City Chiefs), Rocky Boiman (Tennessee Titans, Dallas Cowboys, Indianapolis Colts and Philadelphia Eagles), Darnell Bing (Oakland Raiders, San Francisco 49ers, New York Jets and Detroit Lions) and Brandon Renkart (Jets).

With right offensive guard Mike Brisiel out for the season with a foot injury, the Texans tried out a trio free agent guards.

That included Terrence Metcalf, Adrian Jones and Tutan Reyes.

Meanwhile, third-round pick Antoine Caldwell and Chris White are going to compete for Brisiel's job.

No signing was immediately announced.
Wilson: Texans Cut Buster Davis

*EDIT*
Nevermind
Old 10-14-2009   #6
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Beisel.

I guess Kubiak does want a Brisiel clone.
Old 10-14-2009   #7
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyboy View Post
Yikes. Al Davis makes me thank my lucky stars I'm not a Raiders fan
I'd ask about Michael Bush.
Old 10-14-2009   #8
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
I'd ask about Michael Bush.
He's young and talented. He probably isn't available. Just like Huff, who I'd like to see what they'd ask for.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009   #9
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge View Post
He's young and talented. He probably isn't available. Just like Huff, who I'd like to see what they'd ask for.
Yeah, but with McFadden and Fargas, maybe Crazy Al thinks one is expendable. Never know.
Old 10-14-2009   #10
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
One day after trying out offensive guards Adian Jones, Tutan Reyes and Terrence Metcalf, the Houston Texans signed Reyes to the active roster.

Reyes, 31, is a 6-foot-3, 310-pound 10th-year pro.

He takes the place of offensive guard Mike Brisiel, who was placed on injured reserve with a foot injury.

Linebacker Darnell Bing, who tried out Tuesday as well as several other linebackers, was signed to the practice squad.

As reported Tuesday by National Football Post, linebacker Buster Davis has been cut from the practice squad
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...oves-3215.html
Old 10-14-2009   #11
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Re: Texans Bring In 7 For Workouts- Sign Reyes and Bing

Tutan Reyes:

http://www.nfl.com/players/tutanreye...e?id=REY031542

Darnell Bing:

http://www.nfl.com/players/darnellbi...e?id=BIN090322

Reyes is about the best we can hope for at this time. A 10 year vet with starting experience. Hope that Caldwell or White can take the RG spot and we wont have to see Tutan play this season.
Old 10-14-2009   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't remember Bing off the top of my head. He went to USC and is a linebacker? I must be getting old timers or something.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009   #13
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I don't remember Bing off the top of my head. He went to USC and is a linebacker? I must be getting old timers or something.
Went to USC and played as a SS if I remember right. Raiders drafted him in the 4th or 5th, then felt he was too much of a tweener. Moved him to LBer. I think I remember his problem was he was too slow to be a safety but not big enough to be a linebacker. He could really lay the wood though.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Went to USC and played as a SS if I remember right. Raiders drafted him in the 4th or 5th, then felt he was too much of a tweener. Moved him to LBer. I think I remember his problem was he was too slow to be a safety but not big enough to be a linebacker. He could really lay the wood though.
Ok, thanks. I remember him now that you mention he was a tweener. I couldn't figure out why I had an issue remembering a USC linebacker from two drafts ago.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009   #15
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
He played safety at USC. At one time he was actually considered an elite prospect.
Old 10-14-2009   #16
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 331852 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Well there you go for all the folks who wanted to spend a 3rd on Bing, he is now a Texan for free.
Old 10-14-2009   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Well there you go for all the folks who wanted to spend a 3rd on Bing, he is now a Texan for free.
Did we sign Bing?

He was on that USC Squad that lost to VY right?
Old 10-14-2009   #18
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i remember bing from USC... really liked him in college
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009   #19
jppaul
Cut and Dry

Rep Power: 1193 jppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respectedjppaul is a quality contributor and well respected

Suffered from many of the same physical limitations as the most recent USC SS, Keith Ellison, pretty much the same player.
jppaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009   #20
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Darnell Bing reminds me of Rufus Alexander.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read