Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-14-2009   #1
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kubiak is INSANE

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein, (attributed)
US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

C'mon Kubiak.
1) The Texans don't have the personnel to blow people out. We have the perfect Oline to be BLOWN OUT. You keep trying to power run the ball in the red zone expecting different results.
2) Chris Brown may be OUR power back, but he isn't a POWER BACK. He does not have a nose for the goal line. Doesn't FIGHT TO GET IN. I would rather see AJ run the wildcat but who wouldn't. You don't have to be big to be a good goal line back. It may help, but you need more.
3) Kubiak do not feel the definition of a successful is being able to run the ball 1 yard anytime you want to. We as fans will be happy with a win any way you get it. You have a team that can get in the position to WIN, you as a coach needs to UNDERSTAND YOUR TEAMS STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES and create plays that will make this team effective in the RED ZONE and throughout the game.
4) For someone who values the RUN GAME you sure don't try to bring any talented running backs in. You could have had BENSON, maybe TAYLOR, even Adrian Peterson during the draft, but showed absolutely no interest in any of them.
What is you problem.
5) You kept trotting Fred Bennett out expecting different results.
6) You keep thinking you can be successful with your undersized line.
7) KUBIAK READ THE ABOVE ABOUT INSANITY AGAIN. REALLY THINK ABOUT, HARD.

I think the problem is the fans can see that this team is capable of more,
BUT THE COACHING IS KEEPING THEM FROM REACHING THEIR FULL POTENTIAL. If the talent on the team was just bad then there would not be as big an uproar. thanks

Last edited by gafftop; 10-14-2009 at 08:40 AM.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009   #2
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 318355 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Kubiak is INSANE

I see pitchforks and torches on the horizon.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009   #3
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

C'mon Kubiak.
1) The Texans don't have the personnel to blow people out. We have the perfect Oline to be BLOWN OUT.
2) Chris Brown may be OUR power back, but he isn't a POWER BACK. He does not have a nose for the goal line. Doesn't FIGHT TO GET IN. I would rather see AJ run the wildcat but who wouldn't. You don't have to be big to be a good goal line back. It may help, but you need more.
3) Kubiak do not feel the definition of a successful is being able to run the ball 1 yard anytime you want to. We as fans will be happy with a win any way you get it. You have a team that can get in the position to WIN, you as a coach needs to UNDERSTAND YOUR TEAMS STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES and create plays that will make this team effective in the RED ZONE and throughout the game.
4) For someone who values the RUN GAME you sure don't try to bring any talented running backs in. You could have had BENSON, maybe TAYLOR, even Adrian Peterson during the draft, but showed absolutely no interest in any of them.
What is you problem.
6) KUBIAK READ THE ABOVE ABOUT INSANITY AGAIN. REALLY THINK ABOUT, HARD.

BUT THE COACHING IS KEEPING THEM FROM REACHING THEIR FULL POTENTIAL. If the talent on the team was just bad then their would not be as big an uproar. thanks
That's not true at all. People would complain about that as well, hell....look at your own post. You're complaining about the talent of some of our players. It's human nature, people are going to complain. We could have been winning these close games and some would still complain that we should have not had them so close. We should have had blowouts, etc. Complainers complain.....period.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009   #4
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

You are probably right. But I would not be focusing on the coaching decisions as much because they would not be a major factor in determining the outcome of individual games. This team finally has a chance to compete and COACHING DECISIONS CAN AND HAVE BEEN CRITICAL IN DETERMINING THE OUTCOME.
thanks
Old 10-14-2009   #5
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't have a problem with not going RB in FA, but if you want to be this unstopable running team, them make the picks in the draft. Build that way. Don't build a team that uses smallish Linemen who are better pass blockers then try and become a hammer at the hardest part of the field to be the hammer. Makes no damn sense. He keep arrogantly shaking his fist proclaiming we're gonna keep plugging away just like we are. It's getting tired.
Old 10-14-2009   #6
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Continuing to point out the faults of the coach and expecting different reactions is insanity
Old 10-14-2009   #7
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Continuing to point out the faults of the coach and expecting different reactions is insanity
lol. You must spread rep.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-14-2009   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Gary: That's not a bad idea.
Bush: What?
Gary: Making a Defensive Tackle. Actually making a Defensive Tackle. Like Frankenstein... except cuter.
Bush: [stands up] You're serious?
[Gary grabs Bush by the collar and pulls him towards him]
Gary: Look me in the eye. Do I look serious?
Bush: Gary Kubiak, that's-that's Fangio shit! That's sick! I am not digging up dead DTs!
[Gary puts his hand over Bush's mouth and sits him down on the training table]
Gary: No, I'm not talking about digging up dead DTs, Frank. I'm talking about your system, *****, your computer!

[Gary is chanting incoherently. Bush seemed very confused by his best friend's odd behaviour. They are both wearing bras on their heads]
Bush: Gary?... By the way, why are we wearing bras on our heads?
Gary: [hesitates] Ceremonial.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090305/quotes
Old 10-14-2009   #9
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

The definition of insanity is to keep running Alex Gibbs guys in Alex Gibbs plays and expecting a different result.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009   #10
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Gary: That's not a bad idea.
Bush: What?
Gary: Making a Defensive Tackle. Actually making a Defensive Tackle. Like Frankenstein... except cuter.
Bush: [stands up] You're serious?
[Gary grabs Bush by the collar and pulls him towards him]
Gary: Look me in the eye. Do I look serious?
Bush: Gary Kubiak, that's-that's Fangio shit! That's sick! I am not digging up dead DTs!
[Gary puts his hand over Bush's mouth and sits him down on the training table]
Gary: No, I'm not talking about digging up dead DTs, Frank. I'm talking about your system, *****, your computer!

[Gary is chanting incoherently. Bush seemed very confused by his best friend's odd behaviour. They are both wearing bras on their heads]
Bush: Gary?... By the way, why are we wearing bras on our heads?
Gary: [hesitates] Ceremonial.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090305/quotes
Must spread Rep. But the Weird Science reference was awesome!! Nice work
Old 10-14-2009   #11
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1688 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
1) The Texans don't have the personnel to blow people out. We have the perfect Oline to be BLOWN OUT. You keep trying to power run the ball in the red zone expecting different results.
Yes we do. The Oilers did it with the run n shoot, the Rams did it in the late 90's. The Cardinals did it last year. What we don't have is the personnel to control the clock the way most coaches would like. And they only tried "power running" a couple of times. There were two passes on that goalline stand that people seem to keep overlooking. Oh, and there's the fact that it had worked perfectly on the first try a couple of quarters earlier.

Quote:
We only failed once in the red zone all day. 3 touchdowns and a field goal try should be enough to win damn near any game. The biggest problem was the defensive breakdown in the last 2 minutes of the first half.

Quote:
What is you problem.
Adrian Peterson and Cedric Benson couldn't run behind this line. Steve Slaton had as good a rookie year last year as any in the last decade. Chris Brown is stellar behind a good line when he's healthy. We have "talented running backs". What we don't have is an O-line that can run block.

Quote:
Was there a Fred Bennett sighting this past Sunday? Because all I saw was Dunta getting burned, Jacques Reeves playing out of his mind, and Glover Quin laying some serious wood.

Quote:
They were very successful with it last year. Slaton had something like 1800 yards with the exact same line. Why they can't run it is puzzling. And if being undersized is such a "problem", how do you explain the sensational pass blocking these guys are providing? I don't think it's so much the size as the technique. Something has changed this year and I don't think anybody has quite put their fingers on why it's not working.

Quote:
BUT THE COACHING IS KEEPING THEM FROM REACHING THEIR FULL POTENTIAL. If the talent on the team was just bad then there would not be as big an uproar. thanks
Give me a break! I think the fans are just overevaluating the "talent" on this team. Nobody outside of Houston (unless they're diehard NFL fans) has a clue about a single player on this team besides Andre Johnson. You hear Mario's name mentioned, but usually only because of the 2006 draft. The word I think you're looking for is POTENTIAL, not TALENT. The coaching is not PREVENTING them from reaching potential. Please! You're talking about some of the greatest position coaches in the history of this league on this team's staff. They're not "holding anyone back". That's just ridiculous.

I still think most of the blame for the shortcomings of this team are on the individual players, NOT the coaches.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009   #12
gafftop
Hall of Fame

When I talk about Blow out, I am talking about blowing the other team off the ball and running the ball at will. I agree we possibly could put alot of points on the board, but this staff won't commit the whole game to doing this. I think this is a mistake.

Fred Bennett was on the field for the 1st 3 games and preseason. Do you really need that much time to see what you have? I agree not on field last week, but c'mon the coaching staff needs to open their eyes.

Was last week the only game you have watched this season? They can't run the ball at will.

We will just disagree on your assessment on us having talented running backs. Slaton was a surprise and I think he is a very good back, especially for the purpose he was originaly drafted for, change of pace. But as a whole I think we are below average on running backs. I think Adrian Peterson or Benson or Taylor would make a difference on this team. We will get a first hand look this weekend on Benson.

Undersized line was focused more towards us trying to force our will on a team , running the ball down their throat.

I do agree with you on the overall talent not being good. We are below avg in the trenches, average/above LBs, Below in secondary, above avg receivers etc. That said I think we have enough this year to compete for a playoff spot. I think coaching can make a difference in the outcome of the game/season. This is the 1st year I think the Texans had/have a chance for the playoffs and it is sad to see bad coaching decisions making a difference.

Last edited by gafftop; 10-14-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Old 10-14-2009   #13
indiantexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 37 indiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respectedindiantexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

C'mon Kubiak.
4) For someone who values the RUN GAME you sure don't try to bring any talented running backs in. You could have had BENSON, maybe TAYLOR , even Adrian Peterson during the draft, but showed absolutely no interest in any of them.
What is you problem.
7) KUBIAK READ THE ABOVE ABOUT INSANITY AGAIN. REALLY THINK ABOUT, HARD.

Taylor?
indiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009   #14
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 298503 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
The definition of insanity is to keep running Alex Gibbs guys in Alex Gibbs plays and expecting a different result.
See sig.
Old 10-14-2009   #15
gafftop
Hall of Fame

All said I still think it is a coin flip on whether I think it would be better to get rid of him and start over. The rest of the season will decide this. I have not given up on him, but he surely has not won me over this season. I was pro Kubiak at beginning of season but now I am ambivalent. Big questions
1) Inability to get team ready to play. Both beginning of season against Jets and it seems at the beginning of each game. Can he motivate?
2) Are the players tired of his style? Have they bought into his idea for the team? Are the players tired of Smith? Are they really giving 100%. I know some players are , but you really need all the players to give their all, especially when you are almost there like the Texans are.
3) Overall game plans and play selection on offense.
4) Evaluation and usage of the players, strengths and weaknesses of the team as a whole and getting the best outcome you can get based on them.
But really who wants to hear any more. I'm DONE.
Old 10-14-2009   #16
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 298503 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
All said I still think it is a coin flip on whether I think it would be better to get rid of him and start over.
I don't think it matters, which is more scary, IMO.
Old 10-14-2009   #17
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
Adrian Peterson and Cedric Benson couldn't run behind this line. Steve Slaton had as good a rookie year last year as any in the last decade. Chris Brown is stellar behind a good line when he's healthy. We have "talented running backs". What we don't have is an O-line that can run block.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
They were very successful with it last year. Slaton had something like 1800 yards with the exact same line. Why they can't run it is puzzling. And if being undersized is such a "problem", how do you explain the sensational pass blocking these guys are providing? I don't think it's so much the size as the technique. Something has changed this year and I don't think anybody has quite put their fingers on why it's not working.
I think you just called yourself out in the same post.
Old 10-14-2009   #18
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Eveything is going to be just fine. Expert John McClain said yesterday that Texans will be 4 & 4 midway. The offensive line and Slaton are doing just what they were hired to do, move the ball down the field to Red Zone. The line is comprised of pass blockers not run blockers. Slaton is behind last season but can catch up quick. We signed Brown to be the scoring back. He is not doing what coaches expected.
Old 10-14-2009   #19
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
1) Inability to get team ready to play. Both beginning of season against Jets and it seems at the beginning of each game. Can he motivate?
2) Are the players tired of his style? Have they bought into his idea for the team? Are the players tired of Smith? Are they really giving 100%. I know some players are , but you really need all the players to give their all, especially when you are almost there like the Texans are.
I've asked myself these same questions and I think he gets the team up for games, but not until their backs are up against the wall.

From what I can tell, his "kids" fight for him when the media and the fans pile on him.

.....but not until then
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009   #20
blitz90
jock strap

Rep Power: 176 blitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respected

Hell, forget all that I say he's insane based solely on the fact that Andre isn't in the game in a lot of goal line situations.

I need Herm Edwards right now to get in Kubiaks face and ye'll "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME. YOU PLAAAAY TO WIN THE GAME!!!"
blitz90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read