Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-13-2009   #1
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Chris Brown will still be the team's goal-line back.

Coach Gary Kubiak says that Chris Brown will still be the team's goal-line back.
Brown couldn't convert a last second 4th-and-goal from the one-yard line in Sunday's 28-21 loss in Arizona, but Kubiak says that he "believes in Chris (Brown)." To his credit, he did convert in the same situation earlier in the contest.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...FL&line=154972

Unbelievable.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009   #2
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Chris Brown will still be the team's goal-line back.

I don't think Chris Brown is the problem with our running game. The fumble was unfortunate but him getting stuff on 4th down in ARI was the lines fault, did you see any room for him to get in there? I didn't.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Chris Brown has singlehandedly been responsible for not one, but TWO losses because he couldn't successfully convert a ONE YARD touchdown run.
And he's still on the team?

He would have been on a plane out of here seconds after that embarassing excuse for a run if I had been coach. I would have even cut him in madden
Old 10-13-2009   #4
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Chris Brown has singlehandedly been responsible for not one, but TWO losses because he couldn't successfully convert a ONE YARD touchdown run.

He would have been on a plane out of here seconds after that embarassing excuse for a run if I had been coach. I would have even cut him in madden
Unfair unfair, responsible for two of our losses? How about we blow out the Jags and not even let it come down to having to tie and go to OT? How about we call atleast 1 pass play on the goal line in ARI? Ridiculous to zero in on one guy and blame him. In fact, I hope Brown continues to get carries, he runs hard and runs upfield.

How about mentioning he won the Tennessee game by getting the last 1st down of the game?
Old 10-13-2009   #5
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Not only is he still on the team, but Kubes says he still has faith in him as the GL back. I just don't get it.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009   #6
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Why do we even have Chris Brown!?

All he does is costs us games and at best get a few yards.

I much rather have a Slaton/Moats combination.

Kubiak needs to realize that there is more to coaching than being a nice guy and blaming the losses on himself.

Go and make a statement, it seemed to help when he moved Bennet out of the starting lineup.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009   #7
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Why do we even have Chris Brown!?

All he does is costs us games and at best get a few yards.

I much rather have a Slaton/Moats combination.

Kubiak needs to realize that there is more to coaching than being a nice guy and blaming the losses on himself.

Go and make a statement, it seemed to help when he moved Bennet out of the starting lineup.
Wait, I thought Kubiak needed to realize that Slaton wasn't getting the job done and Chris Brown should start? Now he needs to release the guy? Glad you're not the head coach of this team.
Sponsored links
Old 10-13-2009   #8
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

To be fair some of that is on the O Line. Not the fumble of course but the blocking on that play in the Cardinals game for sure was atrocious. I still don't believe him to be a good goal line back though.

So to me this says the coaching staff has an inability to find something else to work if that same situation presents itself again. Or out of stubborness they think they can fix the blocking issues of which they are getting ZERO push on top of losing another starting Guard. Just doesn't add up to me.

Put Moats in there maybe he can leap over the top like LT used to? Or like I have been saying REPEATEDLY, spread the defense out and create some space.
Old 10-13-2009   #9
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Goodbye, Coach Kubiak. Too bad it didn't work out. You seemed like a great guy.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009   #10
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Coach Gary Kubiak says that Chris Brown will still be the team's goal-line back.
Brown couldn't convert a last second 4th-and-goal from the one-yard line in Sunday's 28-21 loss in Arizona, but Kubiak says that he "believes in Chris (Brown)." To his credit, he did convert in the same situation earlier in the contest.

Unbelievable.
Its like a tootsie pop.

How many stuffs does it take to put Chris Brown on the bench? 1 lick 2 lick 3 lick....... and counting.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009   #11
Texan JBZ
Da Sip's Finest

Rep Power: 1065 Texan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan JBZ is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Goodbye, Coach Kubiak. Too bad it didn't work out. You seemed like a great guy.
This was my feeling after hearing his comments about Brown on the radio today. I've not been on the "Fire Kubiak" bandwagon at all this far, but I think I'm about to grab me a pair of reins and saddle up.
Old 10-13-2009   #12
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Or Kubiak is intentionally putting this information out there for a big surprise the next time we're on the 1 or 2 with us needing a crucial TD.

He's going to line up Chris Brown, then bootleg Schaub on the fake to Brown.

That's pretty fishy, to me, that Kubiak makes this statement to the media.

I think he can't be THAT dumb to really think that we go with Chris Brown in that same situation again. So he uses it as a way to plant the idea in the head of a d-coord coming up on our schedule.

Kubiak cannot be THAT moronic. It's impossible to be THAT stupid. I hope.
Old 10-13-2009   #13
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 224375 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Absurd. First of all, it's a team game, so there are very, very few times where any one player is singlehandedly to blame for anything. Second, Chris Brown converted a goal line TD in that game. He didn't convert the TD at the end because he was tackled by our O-line. If anything, either Chris Myers or Brisiel are more to blame than Chris Brown.
Old 10-13-2009   #14
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Who else do you want him to put back there.........Slaton??? The guy who got stuffed on 4th and 1 in the middle of the field..(a easier place to pick up a yard than the goal line).

In the order of goal line rushing problems it goes....

1.) OLINE!!!
2.) The back we decide to hand the ball off to.

I mean, maybe we can see what Moats can do around there, but Slaton is just as bad as Brown. We wouldn't even be talking about this though if Houston had the horses up front, they're the main problem. The fact that Kubiak went into this season with Myers as his starting center tells me he probably needs to go more than anything else.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009   #15
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Who else do you want him to put back there.........Slaton??? The guy who got stuffed on 4th and 1 in the middle of the field..(a easier place to pick up a yard than the goal line).

In the order of goal line rushing problems it goes....

1.) OLINE!!!
2.) The back we decide to hand the ball off to.

I mean, maybe we can see what Moats can do around there, but Slaton is just as bad as Brown. We wouldn't even be talking about this though if Houston had the horses up front, they're the main problem. The fact that Kubiak went into this season with Myers as his starting center tells me he probably needs to go more than anything else.
Yea the O-line stinks at run blocking but Chris Brown sucked as a goal line back in Tennessee and they always have a good o-line. He definately doesnt help.
Old 10-13-2009   #16
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 143539 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post

Unbelievable.
And I believe in the toof fairy an Santy Claus and the guvment and that I'll find a true luv an my boss likes me and I'm cute and
Old 10-13-2009   #17
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariowillshine15 View Post
Yea the O-line stinks at run blocking but Chris Brown sucked as a goal line back in Tennessee and they always have a good o-line. He definately doesnt help.
Chris Brown wasn't the goalline back in Tenn, he was inactive most of the time........when he was healthy (the little times he was healthy) they thought he was the future there. Lendale white has gotten all the goalline carries since he's been there and before him Travis Henry became their every down back with the surprising season he had with them.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009   #18
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

This goes to show how much Gibbs is in Kubiak's ear.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009   #19
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Not surprised. He is Kubiaks best short yardage player right now.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009   #20
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
Not surprised. He is Kubiaks best short yardage player right now.
So if crap is our best short yardage player what does that make the other backs?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read