Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Bengals board

Bengals fans are the most bandwagon d-bags in the NFL possibly. They're all drunk off of their teams hot start but lets wait until they play out the schedule. The Bengals defense is right up Schaub's alley, he absolutely cooks up those conventional 4-3's. He's gonna beast all over that defense, assuming losing Brisiel doesn't mean those DT's Peko and Sims will be in our backfield all day. I think we'll run the ball effectively for once in this one, possibly go over 100 yards. The Bengals are right where we want them, high on their season ready for a let down at home.

When will people recognize we have the deepest group of WRs/TEs in the NFL?

http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=53942

"Andre Johnson is the only real threat the Texans can pose to our defense if you ask me. Leon Hall cannot afford to let off the gas on a WR of his caliber, and hopefully he can count on some safety help as well. Our defense excels at stopping the run and we even looked good preventing screens (a la Odom not rushing in on Flacco for the sack attempt) and big gains in the slot at Baltimore last week.

I said in another thread the Texans defense is mediocre at best, especially compared to Baltimore, and as long as we don't play down to our opponent again, I would expect the Bengals to score early and often. 150+ yard game for Benson on the ground and a 300+ yard game for Palmer in the air.

31-14 Bengals "

Hai guise!

I just thought I'd drop in and remind you guys that Houston is about 7 times the size of Cincinnati, and that the city's been pretty hard-hit in this economy. Give us 2.5 million more people, and we'll get right on selling out our stadium. Chances are, it'll sell out anyway. And besides, at least we can keep a team in our city.

We as Bengal fans can sympathize with what Texans fans have gone through since they finally got a team back. It's been hard losing, year after year, playing fifth wheel as the Jags, Colts and Titans took turns winning the division and making the playoffs. We know what that's like.

I can't speak for the rest of my fellow fans, but I'll tell you that I'll be rooting for you through the rest of the season. I hope you guys get to experience what we experienced in 2005. Judging by the look of our team, I'll get to feel that again this year. That excitement, knowing that your team has the talent and ability to take on any challengers, the belief that no one is as good as your guys, and that the season might not end until February.

Good luck 2009 and onward, Texans fans. But the Bengals are going to keep the hurting going for another week.

When will people recognize we have the deepest group of WRs/TEs in the NFL?

Oh?

After Andre Johnson, Owen Daniels and Kevin Walter, what have you got? Honest question. I'm just not sold.

I'll grant you your TE's are better than ours, but our receiving corps is hands down one of the best in the league, far better than what you guys are running out on the field every week. Chad Ochocinco is back to form in 2009. Andre Caldwell is Mr. Clutch. And Chris Henry showed that big play ability against the Ravens, after suffering a leg injury that slowed him the first few weeks.

Add Coles and Cosby into the mix, and you've got a pretty good corps.

Just sayin'.

Well, gonna be an interesting day for my FF team. I have Palmer, Ochocinco, AJ, and KB. Sure hope this is a ball flying through the air kind of Sunday!! lol

Oh?

After Andre Johnson, Owen Daniels and Kevin Walter, what have you got? Honest question. I'm just not sold.

I'll grant you your TE's are better than ours, but our receiving corps is hands down one of the best in the league, far better than what you guys are running out on the field every week. Chad Ochocinco is back to form in 2009. Andre Caldwell is Mr. Clutch. And Chris Henry showed that big play ability against the Ravens, after suffering a leg injury that slowed him the first few weeks.

Just sayin'.

Andre Johnson, Kevin Walter, Andre Davis, Jacoby Jones, and David Anderson at WR.

AJ is in a class of his own and is a player the Bengals and every other team in the NFL wish they had. It seems like when we rank NFL WRs its AJ, Fitz, and everyone else comes in a distant 3rd place. Sorry ochenta y cinco doesn't even compare.

K Dub is the ultimate complement to the stud of the group. Catches everthing thrown at him, deceptively quick and is one of the best blocking WRs in the NFL. Just as good as the Coles who is on the downside of his career.

JJ and the other Andre are legitimate deep threats who can score from anywhere on the field. That means when they are on the field at the same time as AJ and Slaton we've got not 1, not 2, not 3 BUT 4 PLAYERS who can score from anywhere on the field!!!

David Anderson
is the prototypical slot WR. Kind of like a poor man's Brandon Stokley (I'm sure you guys know who that is). Small, not a lot of straight line speed but plenty quick, runs perfect routes and catches everything thrown at him.

Then you'd like to factor in the TEs? If our WRs aren't better then both of them combined are definately better than what you and every other team are trotting out on the field.

Owen Daniels pro bowl TE. A nightmare for DCs because its like matching a WR in a TEs body on an opposing team's LBs.

Joel Dreesen OD-Lite. Often forgotten about given all the talent i've already mentioned in this post which gives him plenty of wipe open opportunities.

and then we've got guys like James Casey and Glenn Martinez who are plenty good but just cant crack the rotation of the most talented group of WRs/TEs in the NFL.

So do something for me WhoDeyBengals: You go back to whatever Bengals board you came from and tell all of them about the weapons that Schaub has at his disposal. You tell them about the most talented group of WRs/TEs in the NFL now that you know. You tell the Bengals fans that the Houston Texans are coming to Cincinnati and that hell is coming with them!!!

Last edited:
So do something for me WhoDeyBengals: You go back to whatever Bengals board you came from and tell all of them about the weapons that allows Schaub has at his disposal. You tell them about the most talented group of WRs/TEs in the NFL now that you know. You tell the Bengals fans that the Houston Texans are coming to Cincinnati and that hell is coming with them!!!
:clap:

Beautiful. Well played. But tell me, who is going to give Schaub the time to throw the ball to them? Who's going to stop league-leading pass rusher Antwan Odom? Who's going to get open against Leon Hall? Here's a fun bit of stats:

Week 1 vs. Denver, Brandon Marshall 4 rec. 27 yards
Week 2 vs. Green Bay, Greg Jennings 0 rec. 0 yards
Week 3 vs. Pittsburgh, Santonio Holmes 1 rec, 18 yards
Week 4 vs. Cleveland, Braylon Edwards 0 rec. 0 yards
Week 5 vs. Baltimore, Derrick Mason 0 rec. 0 yards

That's what happens to whoever is covered by Hall. And Jonathan Joseph has three picks, two in the red zone.

Do you guys have the offensive line capable of stopping one of the best defensive tackles in the league in Domata Peko? How about Tank Johnson? Pat Sims?

Are you sure those receivers will be able to do that much?

Beautiful. Well played. But tell me, who is going to give Schaub the time to throw the ball to them? Who's going to stop league-leading pass rusher Antwan Odom? Who's going to get open against Leon Hall? Here's a fun bit of stats:

That's what happens to whoever is covered by Hall. And Jonathan Joseph has three picks, two in the red zone.

Do you guys have the offensive line capable of stopping one of the best defensive tackles in the league in Domata Peko? How about Tank Johnson? Pat Sims?

I recognize you were trying to scare us Texans fans but we happen to have a guy named ANDRE JOHNSON...his name isn't on your pretty little list.

You're gonna have to double AJ which means you are forced to go one on one with the rest of the DEEPEST GROUP OF WRs/TEs in the NFL!!! Schaub's gonna get pressured, that looks like a pretty sure thing. But he's gonna find the open man more often than not and deliver the most awkward looking 300+ passing yard performance you have ever seen!!! The Schaub aint pretty, but he'll get the job done this week with a win to go along with his big numbers :)

Yeah, I went over there right away and I think they are extremely overconfident so I had to bring it them...cuz they really are underestimating us...They are saying they will shut down AJ and we won't score more than 10...HAHA...stuff like that...

Here is their smack board where we can come join in on the talk...

Go to the week 6 preview thread or "Where the Texans fans at" thread....I showed them where were at!:wild:

:fans:

http://boards.bengals.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31

I recognize you were trying to scare us Texans fans but we happen to have a guy named ANDRE JOHNSON...his name isn't on your pretty little list.

You're gonna have to double AJ which means you are forced to go one on one with the rest of the DEEPEST GROUP OF WRs/TEs in the NFL!!! Schaub's gonna get pressured, that looks like a pretty sure thing. But he's gonna find the open man more often than not and deliver the most awkward looking 300+ passing yard performance you have ever seen!!! The Schaub aint pretty, but he'll get the job done this week with a win to go along with his big numbers :)
You owe me a new keyboard. :spit:

Yep, you caught me. Just trying to scare you. But see, the thing is, I don't think I need to do that. The Schlub is going to go through the same thing that Roethlisberger, Flacco and Rogers went through against us. Except there's one difference between those guys and the Schlub: Flacco and Roethlisberger had offensive lines that can block. :D
Yeah, I went over there right away and I think they are extremely overconfident so I had to bring it them...cuz they really are underestimating us...They are saying they will shut down AJ and we won't score more than 10...HAHA...stuff like that...

Here is their smack board where we can come join in on the talk...

Go to the week 6 preview thread or "Where the Texans fans at" thread....I showed them where were at!:wild:

:fans:

http://boards.bengals.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31
The Jets did a number on you guys, and we're better than them. :whip:

This site has some hilarious smileys though, so I guess you got that going for ya.

Are you serious??

DRE is an entirely different animal! That list doesn't even have a top 5 WR in the league....AJ is the cream of crop!....

Also we clearly have the better receiving core....AJ, KW, OD, DA, JJ....

Now this game will come down to which QB will have more time in the pocket to pick apart the other and I'm going with the man who has played better and has more weapons Matt Schaub!....

No, I believe yall meant these Andres.

Andre150.gif

Andre2-150.gif

Andre3-150.gif

Andre4-150.gif

:shades:

You owe me a new keyboard. :spit:

Yep, you caught me. Just trying to scare you. But see, the thing is, I don't think I need to do that. The Schlub is going to go through the same thing that Roethlisberger, Flacco and Rogers went through against us. Except there's one difference between those guys and the Schlub: Flacco and Roethlisberger had offensive lines that can block. :D

The Jets did a number on you guys, and we're better than them. :whip:

This site has some hilarious smileys though, so I guess you got that going for ya.

How are you better than them when you never beat them? Hah! Your record doesn't mean that!

Also our offense line can be very good when it comes to pass blocking....I think you should recall last season as Schaub picked apart ur defense....sitting pretty all day!....:dancer:

Remember?... http://www.nfl.com/videos/houston-te...aub-highlights

How are you better than them when you never beat them? Hah! Your record doesn't mean that!

Also our offense line can be very good when it comes to pass blocking....I think you should recall last season as Schaub picked apart ur defense....sitting pretty all day!....:dancer:

Remember?... http://www.nfl.com/videos/houston-te...aub-highlights

This is a very different team from last year, obviously. I mean, we've already won three times as many divisional games as we did all of last year, and two of the teams in our division played for the AFC title. One of them went on to win the Super Bowl. Things are going to go a bit differently this time around. Amazing what a little health and a good draft can do to turn things around for a team.

I'd like to thank the Texans, along with every other team in the NFL, for allowing Rey Maualuga and Michael Johnson to both slide out of the first round. I'm simply amazed that this happened, but you'll see why I'm so excited about this on Sunday.

:roast:

I'd like to thank the Texans, along with every other team in the NFL, for allowing Rey Maualuga and Michael Johnson to both slide out of the first round. I'm simply amazed that this happened, but you'll see why I'm so excited about this on Sunday.

:roast:

why would we take Rey? we already had Demeco at MLB and we picked up Cushing?

We'll see. :)

As I said before, good luck Sunday. You'll need a bunch of it.

We are certainly due for a run of luck. No idea if it will ever come though. Where were you last year? Gotta love those fans that only make appearances when their team is rolling. Reminds me a bit of some of the local Titan fans.

We'll see. :)

As I said before, good luck Sunday. You'll need a bunch of it.

if you are what passes for a troll in Cincinnatti, that's pretty sad.

the bengals win a few games and your all full of piss and vinegar. very proud of you.

now go back to your organization that has been nothing but a running joke since the dawn of time. go back to your armpit of a city whose claim to fame is a bad sitcom about some chick with nice tits who works at a radio station named WKRP. when people think of poorly run organizations, one name always holds true. The Bengals. Your franchise is the epitome of futility and the constant flow of cannonfodder for many a late night comedian.

Q: 'What do you call a Cincinnatti Bengal with a Super Bowl ring?'
A: 'A thief'.

Q: 'What do the Taliban and the Cincinnatti Bengals have in common?'
A: 'They both round up people in stadiums and torture them.'

Q: 'What do you call a drug ring in Cincinnatti?'
A: 'A huddle'

Q: 'Why doesn't Columbus, Ohio have an NFL team?'
A: 'Because then Cincinnatti would want one'

Your Bengals, dear Sir, are total rubbish.

We will see what happens on Sunday, but don't cry to mama when your Bengals fail.... yet again.

This is a Texans board, so don't come in here with your 'you lost your franchise' smack. That's pretty low.

Last edited:
Oh?

Just sayin'.

Umm....

Andre Johnson
28 rec, 437 yds, 15.6 ypc, and 4 tds

Chad Ochocinco
24 rec, 352 yds, 14.7 ypc, and 3 tds

Kevin Walter (keep in mind, he didn't play until week 3)
12 rec, 174 yds, 14.5 ypc, and 1td

Andre Caldwell
18 rec, 181 yds, 10.1 ypc, and 2 tds

Jacoby Jones
6 rec, 106 yds, 17.7 ypc, and 2 tds

Chris Henry
8 rec, 180 yds, 21.3 ypc, and 1 td

David Anderson
9 rec, 88 yds, 9.8 ypc, and 0 tds

Laveranues Coles
10 rec, 78 yds, 7.8 ypc, and 1 td

So Houston receivers have put up... 55 rec, 805 yds, 14.6 ypc, and 7 tds

and Cincinatti receivers have put up..60 rec, 790yds, 13.2 ypc, and 7 tds

And the TEs aren't even remotely comparable, so I'm not even going to waste the time...

Just sayin'......just because you don't know their names and they aren't household names, doesn't mean they can't play. They're more than holding their own against those receivers that are "far better than what we're running out on the field every week". :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Suddenly people are actually thinking we'll win, rather than sulking in defeat. Guess it takes 2 days for the effects of a loss to wear off.

the bengals win a few games and your all full of piss and vinegar. very proud of you.

now go back to your organization that has been nothing but a running joke since the dawn of time. go back to your armpit of a city whose claim to fame is a bad sitcom about some chick with nice tits who works at a radio station named WKRP. when people think of poorly run organizations, one name always holds true. The Bengals. Your franchise is the epitome of futility and the constant flow of cannonfodder for many a late night comedian.

We will see what happens on Sunday, but don't cry to mama when your Bengals fail.... yet again.

This is a Texans board, so don't come in here with your 'you lost your franchise' smack. That's pretty low.

I think you are confusing Andre Smith on Hard Knocks with Loni Anderson on WKRP.

Suddenly people are actually thinking we'll win, rather than sulking in defeat. Guess it takes 2 days for the effects of a loss to wear off.

I never said we're going to win......I'm just going to throw my bullshit flag, when I see bullshit... What that Bengal fan posted about the receiver cores was pure bullshit. I have a feeling there will be flags all over the field, by the time this thread has run its course

Since we lost last wk this a must win GAME ... why do we always put ourselfs in these situations

cardic cats puffff time to pull the plug on them and flatline them

Umm....

Andre Johnson
28 rec, 437 yds, 15.6 ypc, and 4 tds

Chand Ochocinco
24 rec, 352 yds, 14.7 ypc, and 3 tds

Kevin Walter (keep in mind, he didn't play until week 2)
12 rec, 174 yds, 14.5 ypc, and 1td

Andre Caldwell
18 rec, 181 yds, 10.1 ypc, and 2 tds

Jacoby Jones
6 rec, 106 yds, 17.7 ypc, and 2 tds

Chris Henry
8 rec, 180 yds, 21.3 ypc, and 1 td

David Anderson
9 rec, 88 yds, 9.8 ypc, and 0 tds

Laveranues Coles
10 rec, 78 yds, 7.8 ypc, and 1 td

So Houston receivers have put up... 55 rec, 805 yds, 14.6 ypc, and 7 tds

and Cincinatti receivers have put up..60 rec, 790yds, 13.2 ypc, and 7 tds

And the TEs aren't even remotely comparable, so I'm not even going to waste the time...

Just sayin'......just because you don't know their names and they aren't household names, doesn't mean they can't play. They're more than holding their own against those receivers that are "far better than what we're running out on the field every week". :rolleyes:

Hah, yeah u don't even have to put out what OD and JD have done at TE cuz that makes it clear, but I will...

Owen Daniels-25rec. 296yds. 2TDs. 11.8 avg. 44 Long
Joel Dreesen-5rec. 52yds. 0TDs. 10.4 avg. 21 long

Last edited:
We are certainly due for a run of luck. No idea if it will ever come though. Where were you last year? Gotta love those fans that only make appearances when their team is rolling. Reminds me a bit of some of the local Titan fans.
I wasn't here last year because we lost our QB early and our offensive line was a total mess. I didn't see a reason to brag about it. Did you? I mean, with Fitzpatrick in, it was almost a forgone conclusion that we were going to get destroyed. No excuses. We sucked.

See, the thing is, I'm not trolling. I'm actually trying to talk some football with a little smack talk thrown in. If you think I'm bad, it must be pretty slow around here.

Trolling != smack.

Just FYI.
OK. I guess that means we're no good this year too, huh? Oh wait.

What have we had that you've never, ever had? A winning season? A playoff appearance? A Super Bowl appearance? All of the above?

If you want to play the history game, we can play that game. But you have no history. Absolutely no winning in Houston. Ever. And if you want to talk about that other franchise... well. I think you address that later in your post.

And by the way, if we're going to be known for a set of tits, that's not a bad set to be represented by.
Q: 'What do you call a Cincinnatti Bengal with a Super Bowl ring?'
A: 'A thief'.

Q: 'What do the Taliban and the Cincinnatti Bengals have in common?'
A: 'They both round up people in stadiums and torture them.'

Q: 'What do you call a drug ring in Cincinnatti?'
A: 'A hudde'
Wow, interchangeable jokes that could apply to several teams? How very clever, original and inventive!
Q: 'Why doesn't Columbus, Ohio have an NFL team?'
A: 'Because then Cincinnatti would want one'
That's just stupid.

And for crying out loud, it's CincinnATI. One T. Criminy. It's not like you're trying to spell Albuquerque.

Do you own a television? A computer? How are you able to post online?

Like we did against the Ravens? The Steelers? The Packers?

No lower than reminding us about the 90s. :P

I won't bring it up again, but it's my favorite button to push with Cleveland fans. :D

Forget the Texans-Bengals debate, that one will be settled yet again Sunday. The Texans have bragging rights as of right now.

The one thing I want this Bengals troll to defend is Skyline Chili.

skyline-chili.jpg

They serve this slop at Cincy pro sports games. As if watching the Reds didn't already give you diarrhea.

And for crying out loud, it's CincinnATI. One T. Criminy. It's not like you're trying to spell Albuquerque.

Makes more sense with 2 T's.

Do you happen to know a couple of posters named Benny and Danny? They usually get into some um... "shitty" subjects.

If you do, tell them I said hi. LOL

Antwan Odom got most of his sacks on GB, yeah that O-line is a complete joke...probaly will keep them out of the playoffs too...
What's funny about this is....Yeah, you can say your offense wasn't right cuz of the line and the QB last season and that's true, but your defense...

It's practically the same guys that got torched and straight dominated last yr. Our O-line gave good protection.

Antwan Odom, Pat Sims, and Domata Peko all had 0 sacks and almost no semblance of pressure against our attack...

The secondary that got lit up? Joseph-was horrible, Leon Hall-was just as bad...We picked apart practically the same defense last season and Schaub had time against those guys...

Now they are goin to play the best WR core again that they have yet to face since last season.....

What are the chances we go off again? Not too bad...:spin:

Last edited:
Back