Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-13-2009   #1
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bengals board

Mods, wasn't sure where to put this, so please move if necessary.

I went over and checked the Bengals board:

http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=53836

Seems like they went to the HT.com board and are judging our fans based from that, not knowing the die-hards are right here! They sound pretty confident.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bengals board

I read a quote that said :

Quote:
Originally Posted By GillBilly
They have never been very supportive of their team.
Brilliant, coming from fans that are nearing a blackout.

*EDIT*
It was in a different thread then the link above:
Re: From the looks of it, the Texans fans aren't being very supportive.

Last edited by Texan_Bill; 10-13-2009 at 03:05 PM.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009   #3
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Bengals fans are the most bandwagon d-bags in the NFL possibly. They're all drunk off of their teams hot start but lets wait until they play out the schedule. The Bengals defense is right up Schaub's alley, he absolutely cooks up those conventional 4-3's. He's gonna beast all over that defense, assuming losing Brisiel doesn't mean those DT's Peko and Sims will be in our backfield all day. I think we'll run the ball effectively for once in this one, possibly go over 100 yards. The Bengals are right where we want them, high on their season ready for a let down at home.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009   #4
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone feel up to registering and showing them where the good posters are?
Old 10-13-2009   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Apparently Imatexan already joined. (saw him lurking )
Old 10-13-2009   #6
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Just hope they don't come around here if we win. This things a friggin ghost town after W's.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009   #7
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

When will people recognize we have the deepest group of WRs/TEs in the NFL?

http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=53942

"Andre Johnson is the only real threat the Texans can pose to our defense if you ask me. Leon Hall cannot afford to let off the gas on a WR of his caliber, and hopefully he can count on some safety help as well. Our defense excels at stopping the run and we even looked good preventing screens (a la Odom not rushing in on Flacco for the sack attempt) and big gains in the slot at Baltimore last week.

I said in another thread the Texans defense is mediocre at best, especially compared to Baltimore, and as long as we don't play down to our opponent again, I would expect the Bengals to score early and often. 150+ yard game for Benson on the ground and a 300+ yard game for Palmer in the air.

31-14 Bengals "
Old 10-13-2009   #8
WhoDeyBengals
Rookie

Rep Power: 48 WhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respected

Hai guise!

I just thought I'd drop in and remind you guys that Houston is about 7 times the size of Cincinnati, and that the city's been pretty hard-hit in this economy. Give us 2.5 million more people, and we'll get right on selling out our stadium. Chances are, it'll sell out anyway. And besides, at least we can keep a team in our city.

We as Bengal fans can sympathize with what Texans fans have gone through since they finally got a team back. It's been hard losing, year after year, playing fifth wheel as the Jags, Colts and Titans took turns winning the division and making the playoffs. We know what that's like.

I can't speak for the rest of my fellow fans, but I'll tell you that I'll be rooting for you through the rest of the season. I hope you guys get to experience what we experienced in 2005. Judging by the look of our team, I'll get to feel that again this year. That excitement, knowing that your team has the talent and ability to take on any challengers, the belief that no one is as good as your guys, and that the season might not end until February.

Good luck 2009 and onward, Texans fans. But the Bengals are going to keep the hurting going for another week.
Old 10-13-2009   #9
WhoDeyBengals
Rookie

Rep Power: 48 WhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respectedWhoDeyBengals is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
When will people recognize we have the deepest group of WRs/TEs in the NFL?
Oh?

After Andre Johnson, Owen Daniels and Kevin Walter, what have you got? Honest question. I'm just not sold.

I'll grant you your TE's are better than ours, but our receiving corps is hands down one of the best in the league, far better than what you guys are running out on the field every week. Chad Ochocinco is back to form in 2009. Andre Caldwell is Mr. Clutch. And Chris Henry showed that big play ability against the Ravens, after suffering a leg injury that slowed him the first few weeks.

Add Coles and Cosby into the mix, and you've got a pretty good corps.

Just sayin'.
Old 10-13-2009   #10
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, gonna be an interesting day for my FF team. I have Palmer, Ochocinco, AJ, and KB. Sure hope this is a ball flying through the air kind of Sunday!! lol
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009   #11
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyBengals View Post
Oh?

After Andre Johnson, Owen Daniels and Kevin Walter, what have you got? Honest question. I'm just not sold.

I'll grant you your TE's are better than ours, but our receiving corps is hands down one of the best in the league, far better than what you guys are running out on the field every week. Chad Ochocinco is back to form in 2009. Andre Caldwell is Mr. Clutch. And Chris Henry showed that big play ability against the Ravens, after suffering a leg injury that slowed him the first few weeks.

Add Coles and Cosby into the mix, and you've got a pretty good corps.

Just sayin'.
Andre Johnson, Kevin Walter, Andre Davis, Jacoby Jones, and David Anderson at WR.

AJ is in a class of his own and is a player the Bengals and every other team in the NFL wish they had. It seems like when we rank NFL WRs its AJ, Fitz, and everyone else comes in a distant 3rd place. Sorry ochenta y cinco doesn't even compare.

K Dub is the ultimate complement to the stud of the group. Catches everthing thrown at him, deceptively quick and is one of the best blocking WRs in the NFL. Just as good as the Coles who is on the downside of his career.

JJ and the other Andre are legitimate deep threats who can score from anywhere on the field. That means when they are on the field at the same time as AJ and Slaton we've got not 1, not 2, not 3 BUT 4 PLAYERS who can score from anywhere on the field!!!

David Anderson
is the prototypical slot WR. Kind of like a poor man's Brandon Stokley (I'm sure you guys know who that is). Small, not a lot of straight line speed but plenty quick, runs perfect routes and catches everything thrown at him.

Then you'd like to factor in the TEs? If our WRs aren't better then both of them combined are definately better than what you and every other team are trotting out on the field.

Owen Daniels pro bowl TE. A nightmare for DCs because its like matching a WR in a TEs body on an opposing team's LBs.

Joel Dreesen OD-Lite. Often forgotten about given all the talent i've already mentioned in this post which gives him plenty of wipe open opportunities.

and then we've got guys like James Casey and Glenn Martinez who are plenty good but just cant crack the rotation of the most talented group of WRs/TEs in the NFL.

So do something for me WhoDeyBengals: You go back to whatever Bengals board you came from and tell all of them about the weapons that Schaub has at his disposal. You tell them about the most talented group of WRs/TEs in the NFL now that you know. You tell the Bengals fans that the Houston Texans are coming to Cincinnati and that hell is coming with them!!!

Last edited by TheRealJoker; 10-13-2009 at 07:44 PM.
TheRealJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009   #12
WhoDeyBengals
Rookie

Quote:
So do something for me WhoDeyBengals: You go back to whatever Bengals board you came from and tell all of them about the weapons that allows Schaub has at his disposal. You tell them about the most talented group of WRs/TEs in the NFL now that you know. You tell the Bengals fans that the Houston Texans are coming to Cincinnati and that hell is coming with them!!!

Beautiful. Well played. But tell me, who is going to give Schaub the time to throw the ball to them? Who's going to stop league-leading pass rusher Antwan Odom? Who's going to get open against Leon Hall? Here's a fun bit of stats:

Week 1 vs. Denver, Brandon Marshall 4 rec. 27 yards
Week 2 vs. Green Bay, Greg Jennings 0 rec. 0 yards
Week 3 vs. Pittsburgh, Santonio Holmes 1 rec, 18 yards
Week 4 vs. Cleveland, Braylon Edwards 0 rec. 0 yards
Week 5 vs. Baltimore, Derrick Mason 0 rec. 0 yards

That's what happens to whoever is covered by Hall. And Jonathan Joseph has three picks, two in the red zone.

Do you guys have the offensive line capable of stopping one of the best defensive tackles in the league in Domata Peko? How about Tank Johnson? Pat Sims?

Are you sure those receivers will be able to do that much?
Old 10-13-2009   #13
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Apparently Imatexan already joined. (saw him lurking )
Yep I had to after I saw them calling us out for not supporting our team.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009   #14
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Quote:

Beautiful. Well played. But tell me, who is going to give Schaub the time to throw the ball to them? Who's going to stop league-leading pass rusher Antwan Odom? Who's going to get open against Leon Hall? Here's a fun bit of stats:

That's what happens to whoever is covered by Hall. And Jonathan Joseph has three picks, two in the red zone.

Do you guys have the offensive line capable of stopping one of the best defensive tackles in the league in Domata Peko? How about Tank Johnson? Pat Sims?

I recognize you were trying to scare us Texans fans but we happen to have a guy named ANDRE JOHNSON...his name isn't on your pretty little list.

You're gonna have to double AJ which means you are forced to go one on one with the rest of the DEEPEST GROUP OF WRs/TEs in the NFL!!! Schaub's gonna get pressured, that looks like a pretty sure thing. But he's gonna find the open man more often than not and deliver the most awkward looking 300+ passing yard performance you have ever seen!!! The Schaub aint pretty, but he'll get the job done this week with a win to go along with his big numbers
Old 10-13-2009   #15
Air Canada
Veteran

Rep Power: 790 Air Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I went over there right away and I think they are extremely overconfident so I had to bring it them...cuz they really are underestimating us...They are saying they will shut down AJ and we won't score more than 10...HAHA...stuff like that...

Here is their smack board where we can come join in on the talk...

Go to the week 6 preview thread or "Where the Texans fans at" thread....I showed them where were at!

http://boards.bengals.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31
Air Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009   #16
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

this andre?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFrFz7BWZ6I
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009   #17
WhoDeyBengals
Rookie

Quote:
I recognize you were trying to scare us Texans fans but we happen to have a guy named ANDRE JOHNSON...his name isn't on your pretty little list.

You're gonna have to double AJ which means you are forced to go one on one with the rest of the DEEPEST GROUP OF WRs/TEs in the NFL!!! Schaub's gonna get pressured, that looks like a pretty sure thing. But he's gonna find the open man more often than not and deliver the most awkward looking 300+ passing yard performance you have ever seen!!! The Schaub aint pretty, but he'll get the job done this week with a win to go along with his big numbers
You owe me a new keyboard.

Yep, you caught me. Just trying to scare you. But see, the thing is, I don't think I need to do that. The Schlub is going to go through the same thing that Roethlisberger, Flacco and Rogers went through against us. Except there's one difference between those guys and the Schlub: Flacco and Roethlisberger had offensive lines that can block.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Canada View Post
Yeah, I went over there right away and I think they are extremely overconfident so I had to bring it them...cuz they really are underestimating us...They are saying they will shut down AJ and we won't score more than 10...HAHA...stuff like that...

Here is their smack board where we can come join in on the talk...

Go to the week 6 preview thread or "Where the Texans fans at" thread....I showed them where were at!

http://boards.bengals.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31
The Jets did a number on you guys, and we're better than them.

This site has some hilarious smileys though, so I guess you got that going for ya.
Old 10-13-2009   #18
Air Canada
Veteran

Rep Power: 790 Air Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Are you serious??

DRE is an entirely different animal! That list doesn't even have a top 5 WR in the league....AJ is the cream of crop!....

Also we clearly have the better receiving core....AJ, KW, OD, DA, JJ....

Now this game will come down to which QB will have more time in the pocket to pick apart the other and I'm going with the man who has played better and has more weapons Matt Schaub!....
Air Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009   #19
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Jets did a number on you guys, and we're better than them.
And the Browns took you guys to OT so if its all the same with you we'll just let them play the game on the field.
Old 10-13-2009   #20
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
No, I believe yall meant these Andres.

brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read