Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-13-2009   #1
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1688 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default MAN CRUSH: Kyle Shanahan

Yeah, it's probably the rum talking, but Lil' Shanny is the best thing to EVER happen to this organization. If Kubiak gets sent packing, I hope Lil' Shanny is kept on regardless of the HC. Hell, why not give the 27-year old offensive genius a shot? It's worked a handful of times in NFL history. Why not us? An offensive mind should be able to build a defensive solidarity. (Brian Billick, anyone?) If Kubiak goes, I vote that Kyle stays, DAMMIT! It should be a requirement of McNair if a firing is in order.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009   #2
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: MAN CRUSH: Kyle Shanahan

I'd rather try and hold on to Kubiak as an OC if we decide to go with another HC. Won't happen but there is no way Kyle will be the HC here next season either.
Old 10-13-2009   #3
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
Yeah, it's probably the rum talking
/post. LOL
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009   #4
Ckw

..... Is this a joke?
Old 10-13-2009   #5
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
..... Is this a joke?
Only if youre sober. LOL
Old 10-13-2009   #6
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1688 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Only if youre sober. LOL
No, I am super duper cereal.
Old 10-13-2009   #7
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Quote:
No, I am super duper cereal.
Woot!
Sponsored links
Old 10-13-2009   #8
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Woot!
I hope that's not an Aggie "woot" for this Longhorn fan. Hook 'em! (and screw the BCS. wtf? How do you DROP a ranking after a 24-pt blowout?!?)
Old 10-13-2009   #9
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I hope that's not an Aggie "woot" for this Longhorn fan. Hook 'em! (and screw the BCS. wtf? How do you DROP a ranking after a 24-pt blowout?!?)
More of a woot. Plus I'm a UH guy. LOL
Old 10-13-2009   #10
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Quote:
More of a woot. Plus I'm a UH guy. LOL
I'll take UH. Just no aTm crap.
Old 10-13-2009   #11
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'll take UH. Just no aTm crap.
Fine. You be on your side of the state . LOL
Old 10-13-2009   #12
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 107589 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected

hmph... this thread makes a great case for the invention of the internet breathalyzer.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009   #13
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
hmph... this thread makes a great case for the invention of the internet breathalyzer.
LOL rep your way!
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009   #14
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'll be drun kif I want to!
Old 10-13-2009   #15
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Don't be mad cuz Aggiez get caught. We know what a designated driver is. Ask the Bush family.
Old 10-13-2009   #16
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Kyle Shanahan?

Cereal?

I would make a better OC than lil' Shanny. I've played Madden for almost 8 years now, how long has he played?
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009   #17
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO, Shanny is the reason for this offensively skilled team not playing two halves of football and not punching it in from the 1.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009   #18
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
IMO, Shanny is the reason for this offensively skilled team not playing two halves of football and not punching it in from the 1.
Disagree totally. He's calling the right plays. The team just hasn't executed. How many 3rd down calls in the first half were there that Schaub overthrew? Or receivers (AJ included) dropped? The 3rd and 1 call at the end of the game was brilliant, and Schaub just missed a wide open Dreessen. Shanny is calling great games. He's probably the main reason this team even HAS an elite offense.
Old 10-13-2009   #19
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 198627 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Will you drunks get off the road? I am trying to drive and you keep waking me up.
Old 10-13-2009   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Disagree totally. He's calling the right plays. The team just hasn't executed. How many 3rd down calls in the first half were there that Schaub overthrew? Or receivers (AJ included) dropped? The 3rd and 1 call at the end of the game was brilliant, and Schaub just missed a wide open Dreessen. Shanny is calling great games. He's probably the main reason this team even HAS an elite offense.
"Elite offense"? How can you say that? Neither the offense or defense have yet to put a 60 minute game together this season. "Elite" offenses are consistent game in game out. Our entire team is inconsistent.

The only word I can use to describe this team is 'potential'. Unfortunately, that hasn't changed in 7 years.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read