Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-12-2009   #1
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Brisiel's Foot Injury

Appears season-ending according to the Chron.... Not good at all

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/6664525.html
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #2
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brisiel's Foot Injury

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
Appears season-ending according to the Chron.... Not good at all

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/6664525.html
While this sucks, maybe it's an opportunity to shake things up on our O-line and make some changes to help the run game?

How about Caldwell at center, slide Meyers over to RG? We need SOMETHING to inspire this crappy running game of ours. I still believe in the ZBS, but our line and backs just haven't executed.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #3
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Damn, well this sucks! Might have to switch from beer to liquor on gameday. This could get ugly.
Old 10-12-2009   #4
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 49705 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
Damn, well this sucks! Might have to switch from beer to liquor on gameday. This could get ugly.
You think that's bad... I'll be there Sunday.

Although knowing these 2 teams this year, it'll be some wack-o play with 14 seconds left to decide it. LOL
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #5
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You were only drinking beer on gameday? Well, you, sir, are no Houston sports fan.
Old 10-13-2009   #6
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
You were only drinking beer on gameday? Well, you, sir, are no Houston sports fan.
I'll joining the club from here on out! Nothing but the good stuff on Sundays. This way when I'm cursing at the TV I won't be able to understand myself.
Old 10-13-2009   #7
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Quote:
This way when I'm cursing at the TV I won't be able to understand myself.
A true Houston sports fan now. It brings tears to my eyes.

I need another rum and Diet now...
Sponsored links
Old 10-13-2009   #8
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49705 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

We may need to move this to the drunk therad...LOL
Old 10-13-2009   #9
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Quote:

lol
Old 10-13-2009   #10
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

The Glass Half Full take: We weren't running the ball well anyways.
Old 10-13-2009   #11
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
We may need to move this to the drunk therad...LOL
I'd post pictures, but I can't figure out how to get pass the password on my blackberry right now. It's taking me 10 minutes to post because I keep correcting my typing. Ugh. I'm still in gameday mode. (<---read: wasted)
Old 10-13-2009   #12
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'd post pictures, but I can't figure out how to get pass the password on my blackberry right now. It's taking me 10 minutes to post because I keep correcting my typing. Ugh. I'm still in gameday mode. (<---read: wasted)
Have you seen Khari's sig? Don;t worry baout it. LOL
Old 10-13-2009   #13
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Have you seen Khari's sig? Don;t worry baout it. LOL
Who's Khari? Is she hot?
Old 10-13-2009   #14
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Who's Khari? Is she hot?
One of the admins. And yes. LOL
Old 10-13-2009   #15
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Haha lol where did this thread go? I clicked on this thinking "wow a ton of replies in just a few mins about Brisiel"
Old 10-13-2009   #16
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
Haha lol where did this thread go?
This thread went the way of a late night of me being off from work and a bottle of rum in the pantry. WOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Off topic: Anyone want to go golfing in Pearland this week?
Old 10-13-2009   #17
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

“He finished the game with it,” coach Gary Kubiak said about Brisiel’s injury. “It doesn’t look good right now.”

Give him credit for fighting through that but no team should have a guy in there playing through some injury that winds up being season-ending. Both for the health of said player and the good of the team. Did he injure himself further by staying in the game? Did the injury sap him of the necessary strength on a certain goal line play?

Hopefully he gets healed up and comes back for us next year. Until then it would be nice to see what Caldwell is made of.
Old 10-13-2009   #18
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
“He finished the game with it,” coach Gary Kubiak said about Brisiel’s injury. “It doesn’t look good right now.”

Give him credit for fighting through that but no team should have a guy in there playing through some injury that winds up being season-ending. Both for the health of said player and the good of the team. Did he injure himself further by staying in the game? Did the injury sap him of the necessary strength on a certain goal line play?

Hopefully he gets healed up and comes back for us next year. Until then it would be nice to see what Caldwell is made of.
Valid questions I'd like to see answers to.
Old 10-13-2009   #19
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post

A couple of things. We don't know what the details are regarding his foot injury, and going from historical precedent, we probably won't find out.

But as someone who is sitting at home mending from major foot surgery, it's entirely probable that neither Brisiel or the team knew the extent of the injury at the time, and didn't find out until they ran a CT on the foot. When I injured my foot, at the time I just thought it was a bad sprain, and walked on it until I got to the hospital. As it turned out, I was walking on shattered bone, which caused the foot to swell up from all the soft tissue damage. It took a whole month for the swelling to go down just so they could operate on it.

I pray to God he doesn't have an injury like mine.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009   #20
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I dunno, how many starters does Kubiak need to lose from season-ending injuries before he's allowed an exemption for another less than satisfactory season and given another year to coach in Houston
by McNair ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read