Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-12-2009   #1
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Aso might be on the trading block...

Just read on Raider forums that Nnamdi Asomugha might be up for a trade. So far, they are just rumors, although earlier this video was released:

http://msn.foxsports.com/video?vid=5...e-b0476611a90e

Not sure what to make of this. Its odd, but I wouldn't be disappointed at all if Nnamdi was traded. He'd have a good chance to win a ring at almost any other team. Also, the players/picks we could receive by trading him may help turn this dysfunctional franchise around. Its a win-win...and as much as I wished Aso could win a ring in the silver & black...its seeming less likely as each week passes.

What are you guys thoughts on this? Would you want the Texans to go after Nnamdi?
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #2
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 21071 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Aso might be on the trading block...

Nope, price would be too high for just one player. We need more than that.
Old 10-12-2009   #3
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

His contract with the Raiders (from wikipedia...but I am fairly sure it is accurate)

Quote:
The first two years, worth $28.5 million, are fully guaranteed. In the third year of the contract, if Oakland wants to keep Asomugha, it must pay him the average of the top five highest-paid "quarterbacks" or $16.875 million, whichever is higher.
A team would need to be in dire need of a playmaker on D to consider taking that contract...maybe it could be restructured...as crazy as it may seem to you, from what I know from Nnamdi over the years...he may very well do it. He offered to restructure his contract if DeAngelo Hall could stay...so yeah, anything is possible with Aso.
Old 10-12-2009   #4
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28847 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
Just read on Raider forums that Nnamdi Asomugha might be up for a trade. So far, they are just rumors, although earlier this video was released:

http://msn.foxsports.com/video?vid=5...e-b0476611a90e

Not sure what to make of this. Its odd, but I wouldn't be disappointed at all if Nnamdi was traded. He'd have a good chance to win a ring at almost any other team. Also, the players/picks we could receive by trading him may help turn this dysfunctional franchise around. Its a win-win...and as much as I wished Aso could win a ring in the silver & black...its seeming less likely as each week passes.

What are you guys thoughts on this? Would you want the Texans to go after Nnamdi?
Quick answer: Yes. He's the best corner in the league, and the Texans have had a weak secondary. He instantly makes this team better.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #5
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

I would trade next year's 1st Rounder for Aso in a heartbeat. A price higher than that would have to be thought out long and hard.

I would maybe go for a 1st Rounder in 2010 draft and a 4th Rounder in 2011 that would turn into a 3rd Rounder if the Texans made the playoffs this year or next.

I am sure the Raiders are asking for a 1st and a 2nd though.
Old 10-12-2009   #6
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Aso has a rep that may even be greater then his actual ability. Not that that is a bad thing though, no QB willingly wants to throw the ball his way. I can guarantee that he will be a HoFer when he's done...and if the Texans do land him...wow...he may be all you guys need to finally get things going.

I don't follow the Texans nearly as much as you guys do, but from what I do know, your D gives up way too many points. With Aso, you guys may finally be able to avoid those close games which end up in a shoot-out (i.e. the Titans game).
Old 10-12-2009   #7
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1035 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

We probably would never think about it or even get a chance at him...but if we could trade him for Dunta, plus picks (1st or 2nd this year plus 2nd or 3rd the next?) AND have the ability to restructure Aso's contract, it might be a win-win for both teams in terms of us having a final answer for Dunta.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-12-2009   #8
AustinJB
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 AustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVPAustinJB was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
I would trade next year's 1st Rounder for Aso in a heartbeat. A price higher than that would have to be thought out long and hard.

I would maybe go for a 1st Rounder in 2010 draft and a 4th Rounder in 2011 that would turn into a 3rd Rounder if the Texans made the playoffs this year or next.

I am sure the Raiders are asking for a 1st and a 2nd though.
Think we could sell DRob & a 2nd to Evil Al?
Old 10-12-2009   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Hell with Al, he'd probably trade him to the Pats for a 4th
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #10
Ckw

Man you guys are crazy. I would trade a 1st and a 3rd and never look back. The guy is legit and shutdown corners are one of the hardest things to find in this league.

The best deal though would be Dunta and a 1st. THAT would be awesome.
Old 10-12-2009   #11
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Hell with Al, he'd probably trade him to the Pats for a 4th
I'm pretty sure even Al wouldn't be crazy enough to do that.........again...
Old 10-12-2009   #12
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
I'm pretty sure even Al wouldn't be crazy enough to do that.........again...
Yeah... umm... how's that 73rd ranked safety doing?
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #13
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

You talking about Bowie, the person we got with the 4th rd pick? Well...he's not on the Raiders anymore...so in a sense, the Raiders gave away Moss for free .

He did have a 4.36 40 time though...
Old 10-12-2009   #14
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

You'd have to give up Andre Johnson to get Nnamdi Asomugha.

So how about we close this thread right now.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #15
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Wouldn't matter if we did get AJ, not like we have a QB that could throw the ball to him. From what I gather, Al has finally realized that he needs to stop drafing projects and needs to get NFL ready players...but I am guessing instead of draft picks, Davis will ask for players instead. If Davis was smart, he'd shop for a QB. Keyword...IF...
Old 10-12-2009   #16
Ckw

Quote:
Wouldn't matter if we did get AJ, not like we have a QB that could throw the ball to him. From what I gather, Al has finally realized that he needs to stop drafing projects and needs to get NFL ready players...but I am guessing instead of draft picks, Davis will ask for players instead. If Davis was smart, he'd shop for a QB. Keyword...IF...
Call me crazy but I'd consider giving up Schaub for Aso.
Old 10-12-2009   #17
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
You're crazy...

Seriously though, who would QB this team? Gross-man lol. By the time we find and develop another legit starting QB, both AJ and our newly acquired Aso would be on decline or ready to leave.

Save the picks/players and draft a CB in the first round..(either that or offer that 1st round pick + a third for Aso...I wouldn't give up our starting QB though)..well, we'll probably take a safety round one, but who knows with Dunta most likely gone at the end of the season.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #18
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61321 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Absolutely must be considered. A straight up swap no but we could consider a package deal. We have to worry about resigning Schaub after this season. Picking up option or whatever it exactly was.
Old 10-12-2009   #19
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57147 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Al Davis is stupid, not retarded.

Schaub, Demeco, and a 1st rounder for Nnamdi,
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #20
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Dunta and a 2nd for Aso and Bush.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read