Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-12-2009   #1
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36959 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Fanhood And Friendship Are First And Foremost

This probably isn't the right forum for this thread so Mods may move if they choose to do so. I've seen some voice fights going on when there really isn't and need for it. We all want the samething the Texans to win but each and everyone of us have different feelings of how to reach the same goal. Some posts on here that attack each other are silly. This should remain a friends and family first board as I have always considered it as being and have told many folks about. How the team does is way behind our control I am not singling out anyone but I am reaching out to all of you to keep TT a friendly board while posting your thought on any of the forums on this board. Vocie how you feel and show your Texans sprit still keeping in mind that it's just a game and life goes on no matter who wins or who has different thoughts. We're all fans and friends and we're all here for each other when needed and that's what makes this board so great and the most important thing. IMO, have a football team to cheer for is secondary to the great bunch of friends I have here on this board who I'll always have and I know is always going to be there for everryone. Go Texans
Old 10-12-2009   #2
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fanhood And Friendship Are First And Foremost

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
This probably isn't the right forum for this thread so Mods may move if they choose to do so. I've seen some voice fights going on when there really isn't and need for it. We all want the samething the Texans to win but each and everyone of us have different feelings of how to reach the same goal. Some posts on here that attack each other are silly. This should remain a friends and family first board as I have always considered it as being and have told many folks about. How the team does is way behind our control I am not singling out anyone but I am reaching out to all of you to keep TT a friendly board while posting your thought on any of the forums on this board. Vocie how you feel and show your Texans sprit still keeping in mind that it's just a game and life goes on no matter who wins or who has different thoughts. We're all fans and friends and we're all here for each other when needed and that's what makes this board so great and the most important thing. IMO, have a football team to cheer for is secondary to the great bunch of friends I have here on this board who I'll always have and I know is always going to be there for everryone. Go Texans
Very well said. Thank you for putting things into perspective. Like the saying goes, "We complain because we care."
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #3
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102049 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Great post Gary.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I hear you Gary:

I’m all for healthy discussion, disagreement and debate. Throwing blanket statements towards those that may disagree with you gets tiresome. Fine, so and so sucks, explain why you think so and leave it at that. Please un-attach any preconceived notion about the people that may disagree with you.

Example: I think Chris Myers sucks because he gets destroyed at the LOS.
(This can be agreed on to disagree)

Much better than: I think Chris Myers sucks because he gets destroyed at the LOS and people that can’t see that are too filled with homer blinders and (well you get the point).
(This sucks and there's no need for it).

That said, my apologies to Tex and the board.
Old 10-12-2009   #5
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Another great post Gary.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #6
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

I am still here to....you took the words out of my mouth. I was going towrite a koolaid post but this is much better.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #7
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 55704 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Okay, back to nit-picking. LOL
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-12-2009   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 124794 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Okay, back to nit-picking. LOL
Old 10-12-2009   #9
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55704 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I'll tell you where to put that bat...
Old 10-12-2009   #10
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
I'll tell you where to put that bat...
I'll see you in another forum!
Old 10-12-2009   #12
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I'll see you in another forum!
BOTD thread as always?
Old 10-12-2009   #13
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #14
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks Gary, I have been lurking and not posting much because I haven't liked a lot of what I have seen lately. Good post and a timely reminder.
Old 10-12-2009   #15
texansdrummer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8156 texansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respectedtexansdrummer is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to texansdrummer

The good and the bad....however it may end up on any given weekend, this is what gives us this community. I moved to LA over 3 years ago, but I will always bleed "Battle Red" for my Texans. Verses being on the field playing with the band, I've got to try one hell of a lot harder to follow my team, but I do it....and I'll continue to do this no matter what. I was an employee of the Texans, and I can tell you that they WILL get it right. McNair is THE class owner of the NFL (from my experience), and he's just way too smart and much too wealthy to not figure this out......which is why it may take some patience on our behalf. He didn't get to where he is by making flippant decisions. This guy is a steady, reliable businessman. The most successful people in business hire the best people they can, and then they let them do their job. McNair isn't going to make any rash moves with Kubiak....and deservedly so. Look at Jeff Fisher and the Titans as a relative example (I mean other than THIS year.....hee hee - hey they are getting really old now).

The way that expansion franchises have been initiated into the league has changed......and I think we're steadily headed in the right direction, and I'll take this slow "stability" and steadfast approach over the "flash-in-the-pan" example of Carolina. I went to the Texans @ Oakland game last year, and let me tell you....those are some terrific fans in Oakland, despite the recent history of their team. They are truly "Die-Hards", and I have a great deal of respect/appreciation for them. It's clearly easier for me to go to a Raider's game vs. my Texans to get my NFL fix (I know that SD is waaay closer...that's just not an option!), and from MY experience at Oakland( It'd be really easy to just cheer for a proven winner, but I guess that I "get" the Raiders), I'm pleased to adopt them as my "surrogate" team. It's just gonna make it all that much better for them when they have some success.....at the same time, they really taught me how much "gameday" is MUCH more about the people that come together for such things, and THAT experience, vs. the final score. I hope that my fellow Texan fans can see this forest for the trees and remain loyal to our team.

We haven't REALLY struggled....yet - Of course, I prefer to win....just sayin.

Last edited by texansdrummer; 10-12-2009 at 10:59 PM.
texansdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009   #16
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Example: I think Chris Myers sucks because he gets destroyed at the LOS.
(This can be agreed on to disagree)
No. No it can't be disagreed on. Chris Myers sucks at the line. When's the last time a team used a 1st on a center? Maybe that time is due...
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009   #17
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36959 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks everyone I was just trying to get back to talking sports without the picking on each other not trying to be a hero.
Old 10-13-2009   #18
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

everyone on this board is a good fan. we all just have our own opinions.

stop the violence
Old 10-13-2009   #19
gary
Hall of Fame

Old 10-13-2009   #20
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

We must protect this house!!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read