Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-12-2009   #1
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 29730 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Is the Chris Brown experiment over.....

Ok, so I was happy when we signed Chris Brown, and then miffed when he didn't play a down last year, and then I was excited after Preseason. Although it's a little extreme to judge a guy solely on 3 carries, but a fumble and two no gains is not helping his case, since he had a lot to overcome his injury history, and off the field issues beating up Rhianna and all.

I know the line didn't block in Arizona, but he runs standing straight up anyway.

Does anyone think Chris Henry may have punched it in? So should we bring Henry up as soon as he's ready and have him be the short yardage back. At 5-11 and 230 he seams more viable on paper than Brown at 6-3 220.
Old 10-12-2009   #2
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Is the Chris Brown experiment over.....

Can we merge the 50 fire Chris Brown/start Henry threads?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #3
blitz90
jock strap

Rep Power: 176 blitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respectedblitz90 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is the Chris Brown experiment over.....

What I wanna know is since when did C. Brown become a goal line only back?

Last year Slaton had no trouble finding the endzone in goal line situations.

I mean why change something that isn't broke?
blitz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #4
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 29730 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Can we merge the 50 fire Chris Brown/start Henry threads?
Sorry didn't see those, I posted before getting that far in to the threads.........
Old 10-12-2009   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 124742 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Has the experience even started?
Old 10-12-2009   #6
MannyFresh
El Capitan

Rep Power: 398 MannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respectedMannyFresh is a quality contributor and well respected

No, we gotta hear James Brown say next Sunday, " and in Houston, the Cardiac Cats live up to their name again, thanks in part to Chris Brown, who now, for the 3rd week in a row, could not reach paydirt from the one once again"

Shannon Sharpe, "my, my, my, you know what they say, fool me twice and now a third time"

J.B. "well certainly this third time was not the charm"....

I can hear that as clear as day.
Old 10-12-2009   #7
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz90 View Post
What I wanna know is since when did C. Brown become a goal line only back?

Last year Slaton had no trouble finding the endzone in goal line situations.

I mean why change something that isn't broke?
How many rushing touchdowns within the red zone does Slaton have? Wasn't the point of signing Brown and SMith and Kubes identifying the need for a power back for for 3rd and short and goal line stands the reason Brown was signed. You have a different eval of Slaton than I.
Old 10-12-2009   #8
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I'd rather us primarily go with Slaton/Moats. The interior OL doesn't give any back a chance up the middle so we might as well go with the guys with the speed to turn the corner.

Next time, lets just have 3 QB sneaks in a row!!!
Old 10-12-2009   #9
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Is the Chris Brown experiment over.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
I'd rather us primarily go with Slaton/Moats. The interior OL doesn't give any back a chance up the middle so we might as well go with the guys with the speed to turn the corner.
QFT.

BTW, did it fall off yet?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read