Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-12-2009   #1
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan
Default You mean to tell me...

that this man right here couldn't get a half of a yard? Or Schaub couldn't do 3 straight QB sneaks?
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #2
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: You mean to tell me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post

that this man right here couldn't get a half of a yard? Or Schaub couldn't do 3 straight QB sneaks?
Not if the entire O-line is met at or behing the LOS he couldn't.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: You mean to tell me...

The O-line got blown up. Did ya get that? The whole line got blown up. Christian Okoye wasn't moving that pile. I highly doubt a Mack truck would've that pile.
Old 10-12-2009   #4
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

There is a reason you don't see big massive players at tailback in the red zone every weekend and being easy to find and easy to hit are two reasons you don't see more huge guys running the ball in short yardage.. It's more about the line than the back in short yardage in any case. Little guys like Emmitt Smith, LaDanian, Priest Holmes and a cast of thousands (of smallish backs) were elite red zone players in their primes since they could make people miss in short space plus they all had credible blocking. Our current line is probably the worst interior in the NFL.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #5
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

That's when you don't have credible blocking, you need someone that will actually drive a pile, even if the o-line gets blown up. Slaton dances too much, and Chris Brown just gives the defensive line kisses. And a quick handoff to the FB gives the O-line less time to get massacred in the first place. Maybe i'm thinking too simply or something, but it seems like one of these two options would work.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
That's when you don't have credible blocking, you need someone that will actually drive a pile, even if the o-line gets blown up. Slaton dances too much, and Chris Brown just gives the defensive line kisses. And a quick handoff to the FB gives the O-line less time to get massacred in the first place. Maybe i'm thinking too simply or something, but it seems like one of these two options would work.
If that worked so well, you would see big giant FB's all across the league running the ball in the RZ, but you don't. Big dog backs like TJ Duckett are big massive specimens but they are easy targets to hit in short space and have no wiggle...one key to scoring is finding a small crease and pressing it hard, and the big boys generally can't do that as well as a smaller back (note I didn't say "small" back).

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #7
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
If that worked so well, you would see big giant FB's all across the league running the ball in the RZ, but you don't. Big dog backs like TJ Duckett are big massive specimens but they are easy targets to hit in short space and have no wiggle...one key to scoring is finding a small crease and pressing it hard, and the big boys generally can't do that as well as a smaller back.
Taking notes Bill?

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-12-2009   #8
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Our coaches should have realized that our blocking at the goal line is atrocious and not kept trying to line up to pound it in to 11 in the box. Freaking spread them out with multiple WR's and create some space between defenders and let Slaton, Johnson, Daniels do their thang.
Old 10-12-2009   #9
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: You mean to tell me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Our coaches should have realized that our blocking at the goal line is atrocious and not kept trying to line up to pound it in to 11 in the box. Freaking spread them out with multiple WR's and create some space between defenders and let Slaton, Johnson, Daniels do their thang.
Why? That would be getting away from our offensive philosophy, sheesh.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 189741 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
The O-line got blown up. Did ya get that? The whole line got blown up. Christian Okoye wasn't moving that pile. I highly doubt a Mack truck would've that pile.
Was that not #44 lying in the end zone past the Dline?
Old 10-12-2009   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
Man, you're gonna make me watch the highlights again?
Old 10-12-2009   #12
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Man, you're gonna make me watch the highlights again?
The cardinals highlights right?
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #13
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No. To be honest, right before the 4th down play I mentioned to the wife that they should just give it to my boy Leach. After the play I realized Leach wouldn't have even gotten in because he was met behind the LOS. He did get some push, but not enough to get over the line.
Old 10-12-2009   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand1 View Post
The cardinals highlights right?
Unfortunately!
Old 10-12-2009   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Actually the only two I saw in the end zone were both Winston and Brown.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read