Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Whose your 2010 head coach?
Gary Kubiak 43 29.86%
Bill Cowher 60 41.67%
Jon Gruden 14 9.72%
Mike Holmgren 9 6.25%
Mike Nolan 1 0.69%
Gregg Williams 2 1.39%
Someone else 15 10.42%
Voters: 144. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2009   #1
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Whose your 2010 HC?

If you could have it your way, who would it be?
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #2
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Whose your 2010 HC?

Mike shannhan
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #3
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

FRANK BUSH!!

and I'm only 1/2 kidding... well, maybe 2/3 kidding. Because if he was the HC, then he wouldn't be able to be the DC anymore.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #4
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
Mike shannhan
I don't think this is an option. If Kubiak is out the new guy is not gonna be from the same coaching tree.
Old 10-12-2009   #5
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

If you vote "someone else" please do tell who you have in mind.

Even if its just a random coordinator not well known yet
Old 10-12-2009   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Gruden... I don't see Holmgren (Gruden is in his coaching tree) or Cowher coming here....especially Cowher. (I think he's waiting on the Carolina job to open up and if by some miracle it doesn't...Dallas is a more attractive job)
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #7
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
I don't think this is an option. If Kubiak is out the new guy is not gonna be from the same coaching tree.
Yeah, that's just more of the same
Sponsored links
Old 10-12-2009   #8
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

why not it would be like taking out darth vader and bringing in the master emperor sidous
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #9
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 36501 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Erm...how about asking me in at least 10 weeks?
Old 10-12-2009   #10
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Gruden... I don't see Holmgren (Gruden is in his coaching tree) or Cowher coming here....especially Cowher. (I think he's waiting on the Carolina job to open up and if by some miracle it doesn't...Dallas is a more attractive job)
I've heard Cowher talk about the Texans a lot on CBS and either overpaying us compliments for no reason or he really likes our players because he's says a lot of good things about us. I've specifically heard him rave about our foundation of players.

The problem with Cowher is people speculate he'll want total personnel control with his new job and thats why he ultimately left the Steelers. I think Holmgren would want a good chunk of the personnel input if not all too.
Old 10-12-2009   #11
LonerATO
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10016 LonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respectedLonerATO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've heard Cowher talk about the Texans a lot on CBS and either overpaying us compliments for no reason or he really likes our players because he's says a lot of good things about us. I've specifically heard him rave about our foundation of players.

The problem with Cowher is people speculate he'll want total personnel control with his new job and thats why he ultimately left the Steelers. I think Holmgren would want a good chunk of the personnel input if not all too.
Im not saying Cowher would come here and at the same time Im not calling for his name either, but BB has that kind of control in NE.
Old 10-12-2009   #12
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

kubiak ... and he takes full control of the offense.
Old 10-12-2009   #13
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
This is the most likely scenario..... The team fights back and finishes 9-7 and Kubiak goes into 2010 on the hottest seat in football and a contract year and takes full control of the offense. 8-8 it would shock me if he was fired but anything can happen... 7-9 and he's probably out
Old 10-12-2009   #14
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
So you think he already doesn't have a good amount of control of it already.

I'm not buying that "Kyle calls all the plays" line. Kubiak has the play list in his hand all game...he's the one signing off on the plays.
Old 10-12-2009   #15
sometexansfan
Blue Bomber

Rep Power: 142 sometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Tony Dungy? McNair loves nice guys, and who's nicer than Tony Dungy?
sometexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #16
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sometexansfan View Post
Tony Dungy? McNair loves nice guys, and who's nicer than Tony Dungy?
Dungy is done with the NFL...
Old 10-12-2009   #17
sometexansfan
Blue Bomber

Rep Power: 142 sometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedsometexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dungy is done with the NFL...
Everyone has a price
sometexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #18
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sometexansfan View Post
Everyone has a price
Price isn't the issue with Dungy. He has other aspirations beyond football. And its not like he's all that young either. I'd be shocked to see him back on the sidelines again.
Old 10-12-2009   #19
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
So you think he already doesn't have a good amount of control of it already.

I'm not buying that "Kyle calls all the plays" line. Kubiak has the play list in his hand all game...he's the one signing off on the plays.
he's got all of the control, as far as i can tell he's not using it though ... then again, how am i to know. it appears to me he's giving too much responsibility to his generals same as mike shanahan gave too little. john lynch is on record talking about how kubiak in denver could make even the defense pause when he wasnt happy, but from what i'm gathering (especially this season) is that he's taking on more of an overseer role. there's so much that doesnt fit to what i'd expect him to do on offense (some of which i've previously stated and has been adjusted to when things arent going well), and the camera doesnt lie when it shows kyle calling plays as kubiak's monitoring the progression.
Old 10-12-2009   #20
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Who are the 2 votes for someone else? What names?

Here's a pool of candidates tossed around in the past few years left off the vote list.... Jason Garrett, Sean McDermott (PHI DC), Darrell Bevell (MIN OC), Rod Marinelli, Steve Mariucci, Marty Schottenheimer, Cam Cameron, Brian Billick, Mike Martz

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read