Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-11-2009   #1
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10480 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default schaub lost it for us....

schaub did verry well dont get me wrong but .....that interception changed the momentem and even if we got the td after the interception we would have to go to to over time to win or go for two. i would have rather got the
1st td then have to go to over time
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009   #2
StevieWonder
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 StevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performerStevieWonder is a Legendary performer
Default Re: schaub lost it for us....

Yeah, he made a mistake that added to the list of things we wish we could have back. But look at that face and try to stay mad.

a bloo bloo bloo
StevieWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009   #3
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah but without Schaub it probably would have been 21-0 with no chance to even drive to win it.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009   #4
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm still on the warpath with the play calling in those crucial situations. Freaking horrible. Schaub made a bad mistake, but I can't hang this on him. That mistake should have been overcome.
Old 10-11-2009   #5
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 98334 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by slatonisabeast View Post
schaub did verry well dont get me wrong but .....that interception changed the momentem and even if we got the td after the interception we would have to go to to over time to win or go for two. i would have rather got the
This is a joke.
Texecutioner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #6
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11524 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

schaub made mastikes but they are easily fixible
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #7
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

given the FUBAR first half gameplan, schaub had a relatively solid game. he air-mailed more passes than we're used to, but he also did better than we're used to in the second half of negotiating the pocket in formations he's comfortable with. first half goes squarely on the coaching staff ... and since we wholly lost the first half, i blame the coaching staff.
Old 10-12-2009   #8
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieWonder View Post
Yeah, he made a mistake that added to the list of things we wish we could have back. But look at that face and try to stay mad.

a bloo bloo bloo
Sad Schaub is sad. Except if he's mad! Except if he's glad! Unless he just dragged the team kicking and screaming to within a few inches of tying up what looked like a blow out!

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #9
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub threw for 371 yards and controlled the clock on the road against a good team with passing. Mistakes happen but he got you to the tie and he got you to the goal line with plenty of time.

Blame our o-line play. We are getting used by d-lines across the NFL and it starts with the center. I am not sure what the coaching staff is thinking or how many games it will take before they get a clue. Fix the line, and you fix the season.

This team is explosive and I would love to see some Slaton runs to polish off a nice win but I am afraid we may have to wait for the next coaching staff for that.
Old 10-12-2009   #10
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 24776 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
Schaub threw for 371 yards and controlled the clock on the road against a good team with passing. Mistakes happen but he got you to the tie and he got you to the goal line with plenty of time.

Blame our o-line play. We are getting used by d-lines across the NFL and it starts with the center. I am not sure what the coaching staff is thinking or how many games it will take before they get a clue. Fix the line, and you fix the season.

This team is explosive and I would love to see some Slaton runs to polish off a nice win but I am afraid we may have to wait for the next coaching staff for that.
I've mentioned this a few times, take away Schaubb's primary read and he can't make the progression fast enough and then ends up holding the ball too long and then eats the sack. He can't make his reads fast enough and I think the tell tale signs of a good defense figuring him out is starting to happen.

- His accuracy the first half was HORRID.
- Missed a couple wide open people.
- is about as mobile as a one legged old man.
- just can't get it done.

he's a stopgap measure, and not the QB to take us through the playoffs. If you want to skirt with making the playoffs, or do you want a superbowl? If it's the latter Schaubb isn't the guy.
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 111168 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

There ain't a QB out there that can take this team to the playoffs when you can't make a 3rd or 4th and 1. That's two games that Schaub put this team in a position to tie, late in a game and your O-line and RB's can't punch it in.
Old 10-12-2009   #12
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13331 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub started getting hot too late. I can't get mad for the game he put together but he did get hot too late and then threw the pick, and had the bad play from the 1. He was off pretty much all day.

That being said, I do like how I never feel like we are out of the game because Schaub has this calmness about him that I can't explain and I think it gets contagious with the rest of the team. I kinda feel like Schaub is in Warren Moon's early stage of his career- Just really inconsistent with alot of weapons. Once we get these small things fixed this team can be even more dangerous.
El Tejano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #13
gwallaia

Rep Power: 69621 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

He also threw for 371 yards and two TD's.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #14
davemundy
Rookie

Quote:
Gary has said that Schaub is one step removed from being among the elite quarterbacks in the league. The pick was him trying to force something when nothing was there, as was the throw to Johnson on 4th and 1. When he has the maturity to recognize when nothing is there, he will be among that elite.
davemundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #15
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

That throw for a pick 6 was a killer.
He also had a bad throw to a wide open OD that would have scored a TD
He also had a throw way over the head of a wide open Joel Dreesen that would have tied it

He could have called a sneak or demanded the ball.

Schaub had a good game, but he's certainly part of this loss
Old 10-12-2009   #16
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 108483 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

With 5 games in the books I've got enough meaningful data to do Schaub's 3rd season projection.

Are folks really complaining about this guy?

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #17
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 31248 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
There ain't a QB out there that can take this team to the playoffs when you can't make a 3rd or 4th and 1. That's two games that Schaub put this team in a position to tie, late in a game and your O-line and RB's can't punch it in.
What he said. My only knock on Schaub is that he appears to be a slow starter for the most part. Hell, the team as a whole is a slow starter. They always say that they need to come out and start fast, but for some reason that rarely/never seems to happen. We fall behind really fast and then are forced to play catch up the rest of the game.
Cjeremy635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #18
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Hmmm if Slaton was a beast and could get us one yard Texans would be 5-1 right now.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #19
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: schaub lost it for us....

My only bone to pick with Schaud is him refusing to admit the pick or the missed TD to Dressen were badly timed throws.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #20
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Section: 140
Rep Power: 8759 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree Shaub lost this game for us and not Kubiak. Shaub fell asleep the first half and had overthrown and bad passes also threw a deep ball to AJ on 4th and 1 and even Kubiak got in his face.. He finally woke up in the second half but threw that pick and on 3rd and goal with 1 min left he had no pressure around him and his throw was to high for the wide open receiver....
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read