Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-11-2009   #1
BrandonLwowski
Veteran

Rep Power: 53 BrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Sad Sad Day :(

Is it just me or are we a fumble on the 1, interception for touchdown, and stuff on 4th and goal from the 3 away from being 4-1...i can't believe we are 2-3 when we couldve been 4-1...why not throw the ball to slaton in the flats or a toss to slaton on that last play...everyone and their moms new we were gonna go down the middle...we have the talent and skills to be great but another sad loss that couldve been a win
Old 10-12-2009   #2
Ckw

Default Re: Sad Sad Day :(

Very sad day. I just want to understand why we continue to run Brown in goal line situations when Slaton has done fine and the problem is our offensive line not our RB. As you say, at least Slaton is a threat to catch the ball out of the backfield and do something with it.

What I also find really sad is how much OD seems to disappear in the red zone...
Old 10-12-2009   #3
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Such a frustrating season... I did not anticipate things going like this
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #4
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Look at it this way:

We are only 1 game out of a wildcard spot.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #5
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 119538 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonLwowski View Post
Is it just me or are we a fumble on the 1, interception for touchdown, and stuff on 4th and goal from the 3 away from being 4-1...i can't believe we are 2-3 when we couldve been 4-1...why not throw the ball to slaton in the flats or a toss to slaton on that last play...everyone and their moms new we were gonna go down the middle...we have the talent and skills to be great but another sad loss that couldve been a win
I hear you man but I try to stay away from those woulda coulda shouldas. You think too much about that and they take you where the happy pills are.
Old 10-12-2009   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

we wait all year for this....a Sad Sad Day
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #7
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatexan View Post
Look at it this way:

We are only 1 game out of a wildcard spot.
Is this even true? Feels like we're light-years from the playoffs.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-12-2009   #8
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

what happend to running right or left with the down hill and one cut running plays ???????

and its just u just becasue we go to OT does not mean we win it
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #9
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Cheer up Sunshine pumpers! I know ya will - I have confidence in you.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #10
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

I was impressed with the way our D and O played in the second half. I still think there is a possiblity we can go 11- 5...
2 - 3 currently...

Bengals - Win - Winnable. The win today was for the coach but don't see the coach being in the same mindset... sorry to his wife.
49ers - Win - Home game will be tough but winnable
Bills - Win - Oddly enough Houston plays well in the cold so Win.
Colts - Loss - Will be hard to be a hot Indy team in Indy.
BYE 15 BYE BYE
TITANS - Win - Sweep the Titans under the rug and allow them to get in the race for Tebow or Bradford.
COLTS - Win - With the close loss in the first game its pay back.
Jaguars - Win - More pay back and this time its personal ( or at their house)
SEAHAWKS - Win/Loss - Home game again, could be a loss...
Rams - Win .... unless they decide to over look them like they did Oakland last year.
Dolphins - Win - Their not the team they were last year and we're better.
PATRIOTS - Loss - They're just a damn good team.
Old 10-12-2009   #11
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Cheer up Sunshine pumpers! I know ya will - I have confidence in you.
YESSIR!

I'm glad that we're only been killed once this season, against the Jets. ALL other game we've won or gotten real close to winning. It's not a question about moral victories, its a question of becoming a better team and being able to get close enough to the other teams to win games. We're there at the moment.

Sad loss, but refreshing to see us get back from 0-21 to 21-21, at least we KNOW that our team have the potentional to get right back into the fight.
Old 10-12-2009   #12
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

I feel like the carpet has been pulled right from underneath me...
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #13
BrandonLwowski
Veteran

Rep Power: 53 BrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandonLwowski is a quality contributor and well respected

how are we one spot from the wild card?
Old 10-12-2009   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonLwowski View Post
how are we one spot from the wild card?
well, because it we have only played 5 games and the teams "in the hunt" are 5-0, 4-1, 3-2, 2-3, or 1-4. Everyone is still "in it", but at 2-3 we have to go 8-3 the rest of the way for a wild card. I don't see any way possible for this team to go 8-3 the rest of the way.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read