Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-11-2009   #1
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Is Kubiak Gonna Let Myers Get Him Fired!??

I submit the final two plays from scrimmage as Exhibit A. The Texans
are the ONLY team in the NFL who can not get any push up the middle
on 3rd and 1. I fear teams will play the Texans tight up the middle
for the rest of the season. Kubiak MUST make a personnel change
at Center, and possible one of the guard spots. It is ABSURD that
we can not get any push up the middle for even Chris Brown.

I'm numb to this loss. I refuse to ride the roller coaster anymore, but I
wish the team well. I will watch, bowl of eggs and rice in hand.
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009   #2
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is Kubiak Gonna Let Myers Get Him Fired!??

Caldwell may be a rookie but im sure he could do better than that.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009   #3
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, because he is that stupid.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009   #4
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Myers is rubbish. Pure garbage.

Brown isn't much better. You can upright like that if you have speed like Eric Dickerson otherwise its a major fail.

Play of the Year by Andre though.
Old 10-11-2009   #5
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

In a word......Yes
Old 10-11-2009   #6
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Watching this team try to push defenders around with a interior line lead by Chris Myers on a 3rd/4th and 1
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009   #7
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Section: 140
Rep Power: 8759 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

Yup
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-11-2009   #8
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

We bench our DBs because of poor play but our OL gets a free pass?

Gibbs needs to do something about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009   #9
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 96562 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
We bench our DBs because of poor play but our OL gets a free pass?

Gibbs needs to do something about this.
Why do you think that is???

You know why I think that is...

I think that's because Alex Gibbs is the only coach on Kubiak's staff that Kubaik doesn't have the balls to undermine or second guess. Isn't Alex Gibbs like a assistant head coach or something ridiculously stupid like that? Alex Gibbs is our Dick Cheney...and like Dick Cheney, he's searching for WMDs within our interior line when all he has is a bunch of duds out there to throw at opposing defensive lines..
Old 10-11-2009   #10
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Why do you think that is???

You know why I think that is...

I think that's because Alex Gibbs is the only coach on Kubiak's staff that Kubaik doesn't have the balls to undermine or second guess. Isn't Alex Gibbs like a assistant head coach or something ridiculously stupid like that? Alex Gibbs is our Dick Cheney...and like Dick Cheney, he's searching for WMDs within our interior line when all he has is a bunch of duds out there to throw at opposing defensive lines..
Exactly right. Which is why I said Gibbs needs to something. The situation is out of control. The league knows C is by far our weakest link; thanks to Kris Jenkins. It seems every blitz, every big play for the D comes right up the middle. Right where our QB can't do anything about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009   #11
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

blaming myers is bush, he blocked ok when schaub misfired on what should have been a td on 3rd down. it's a team game fellas. the entire O sucked for 2 qtrs and put is in a 21pt hole. a probowl center wouldn't fix things
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009   #12
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
blaming myers is bush, he blocked ok when schaub misfired on what should have been a td on 3rd down. it's a team game fellas. the entire O sucked for 2 qtrs and put is in a 21pt hole. a probowl center wouldn't fix things
I call BS on that.

What's Gibbs' history as far as benching O-linemen? I have a feeling Kubiak won't bench Myers.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009   #13
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
LMAO.......what player have you been watching over the last couple of seasons? So you think our constant inability to pick up tough yards when we need them has no negative effect on this team...

Quote:
Alex Gibbs needs to live up to his legendary Oline guru label.....sorry, but I'm not feeling Chris Myers (who already HAS EXPERIENCE in this system and SHOULD BE AHEAD OF EVERY LINEMAN ON THE LINE)

I'm starting to figure out why Shanny was willing to give him up for just a 6th rounder. I haven't mentioned it before, but have noticed it...(in preseason)...Chris Myers looks light in the britches and gets absolutely ZERO push up the middle, hell he can't even hold the line. Watching him get thrown into Slaton like he was a bean bag chair was so demoralizing and made me want to throw up, the guy got tossed around like a doll.

Sorry to tell you folks, but like the story of the previous 6 years.....this team will only go as far as the performance of our Oline (and QB play), if we can't establish a running game to help keep our crappy coached defense off the field we're done, if the Oline doesn't get their crap together and if Chris Myers can't move somebody off the line.....5-11 here we come
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...ers#post993278

That post was made on 09-07-2008

The only thing I was wrong about in that post was our final record..(which is sad, because I'm just a NFL fan and it only took me one ball game to realize Myers is NOT a NFL starting caliber center)..and we had to pull a rabbit out of our ass just to get to 8-8

Our "blame" has little to do with that one play or this one game.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 10-11-2009 at 07:40 PM.
Old 10-11-2009   #14
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20599 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Just for fun I searched for "Fire Kubiak" group on Facebook. It has two members LOL
Old 10-11-2009   #15
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by blogkimmy View Post
Just for fun I searched for "Fire Kubiak" group on Facebook. It has two members LOL
If we keep losing like this it will grow exponentially.
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009   #16
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

WHY DO THEY NOT RUN A QB SNEAK.... and that excuse they are ready for it is BS, the shortest point between A-B is straight ahead....I am so blasted sick of it...I am starting to think it is time for a new regime next year !
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009   #17
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LMAO.......what player have you been watching over the last couple of seasons?

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...ers#post993278

That post was made on 09-07-2008

Sorry to tell you this, but our "blame" has little to do with that one play or this one game.
we are a finesse team RIGHT? that means we can't run the ball up the middle. that 3rd down pass was open and schaub ****ed up. if our franchise qb made the throw game tied. he didn't. OUR COACHING STAFF PUT OUR OFFENSE IN A POSTION TO FAIL BY RUNNING THE BALL UP THE MIDDLE. seriously, you have to put your players in a postion to succeed. no one on this board would bet the house on us a 4th and one the goal line by running up the gut. myers was set up to fail along with the rest of the O. what don't you guys get?
Old 10-11-2009   #18
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Quote:
we are a finesse team RIGHT? that means we can't run the ball up the middle. that 3rd down pass was open and schaub ****ed up. if our franchise qb made the throw game tied. he didn't. OUR COACHING STAFF PUT OUR OFFENSE IN A POSTION TO FAIL BY RUNNING THE BALL UP THE MIDDLE. seriously, you have to put your players in a postion to succeed. no one on this board would bet the house on us a 4th and one the goal line by running up the gut. myers was set up to fail along with the rest of the O. what don't you guys get?
This thread is not about the play calling......there's another thread about that playcall if you want to argue that point. This thread is about Chris Myers and his crappy play, which takes (or should take) that playcall out of the playbook. Chris Myers "suckiness" helped this team lose on more than just that play today.

And as far as "setting a player up to fail".......if asking your starting center to be able to help convert any third/fourth and short running play (which grinding out the tough yards is one of his main jobs BTW) is "setting him up to fail" , then that's like saying...."asking Chris Myers to be a starting center on a NFL offensive like is setting him up to fail".
Old 10-11-2009   #19
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Quote:
This thread is not about the play calling......there's another thread about that if you want to argue that point. This thread is about Chris Myers and his crappy play. Chris Myers "suckiness" helped this team lose on more than just that play today.

And as far as "setting a player up to fail".......if asking your starting center to be able to help convert a third/fourth and short running play is "setting him up to fail" (which is one of his main jobs), then that's like saying...."asking Chris Myers to be a starting center on a NFL offensive like is setting him up to fail".
don't see how one player loses the game in the ultimate team sport? this game falls on schaub if anything, not myers. asking schaub to hit a wide open TE in the back of the endzone with the game on the line isn't much when he's a pro qb.
Old 10-11-2009   #20
MeLoveTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 1781 MeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
don't see how one player loses the game in the ultimate team sport? this game falls on schaub if anything, not myers. asking schaub to hit a wide open TE in the back of the endzone with the game on the line isn't much when he's a pro qb.
Yes thats true. However we wouldn't have needed that 3rd down play if we were able to gain a yard on 2nd when Chris Brown ran up the middle. The interior linemen get no push. That is what this threads about

Schaub did f up that 3rd down play, but 2nd and 4th down were entirely on us not getting any push
MeLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read