Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-11-2009   #1
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default We are who we thought we were

When I was watching us go down by 21 points in the first half.. I was thinking to myself how a performance like this used to put me in a bad mood for the rest of the day. And as I sat there shrugging it off.. I couldnt help but realize that this team really didnt have that kind of affect on me anymore.. I was not emotionally invested in their success like I used to be.

So then the second half rolled around and we were playing like the team I expected us to be before the season started. We were shutting down a productive offense and we were making plays on offense.

by the time we had tied it up... I had forgotten that Schaub had been throwing the ball like a 2nd string high school QB all game.. I had forgotten that our running game was more like a crawling game.. i had forgotten that our secondary wouldnt know an interception from an intervention... and that our defensive line was averaging less than one sack per game.

I found myself on the edge of my seat.. emotionally invested again..cheering and yelling at the TV. And then when Schaub threw that interception I felt it sink in again. The bad mood.. I had allowed myself to get caught up in the game and was once again looking into the gaping maw of a horrible sunday afternoon.

But I said screw it.. we are on fire.. we have climed a mountain and were ready to take the next step.. I knew our defense would stop Arizona and that we would get the ball again. So I sat there quietly and watched...and sure enough we stopped them, and we got the ball again..and Davis ran it back to their 40 yard line and I had to stand for there rest of the game.

When we got it down to the 2 yard line I knew we were going to overtime.. I knew we would get the touchdown and have a shot at winning the game. And honestly.. if we HAD done that and had lost it in overtime..I probably would have been able to smile and say that we had taken a step and were gonna have a good year.

But then we were sitting there.. 3rd and goal.. and the 2nd string high school QB returned.. and now.. after starting with 3 goal line attempts... we were down to our last play.. the last chance to make the TD... and I knew it was over.

I knew that I had fallen into a huge trap by letting myself believe that a houston team... especially the texans.. would pull off an upset. The city of houston expended its "clutch win quota" in the 90s with the Rockets.. and we wont be getting another helping of it for at least a few more decades.

So as I sat there knowing what was about to happen but hoping that this time I might be wrong.. and as I watched us run that pathetic Chris Brown ".2 yards and a cloud of fail" play... I felt sick. Literally sick.. as if I needed to throw up but didnt have the energy to do it. I want to be angry but so far have only been able to generate disgust and contempt for this team.

This was a pathetic end to a pathetic performance by a team that has no chance of doing anything worth watching this season. We wont finish with a winning record.. if, by some miracle, we do.. it wont result in a playoff berth. If we manage to go 9-6 it will only prolong the rebuilding phase. We are a horrible team.. with horrible coaching...horrible players.. a horrible work ethic..and a winning attitude that doesnt deserve to even be called horrible because for something to BE horrible it first has to EXIST.

I wish I had the energy and love for the game to migrate to a different team and support someone who actually WANTS to win.. but I dont. The Texans have beaten my love of football out of me.. and now all I can do is sit and wait for this team to do something, ANYTHING..that I can be proud of.

I regret now that roughly 50% of my wardrobe is Texans gear.. because, if I didnt need the clothes, id be having a bonfire tonight.

go to hell Texans. I came into this game thinking you were a losing team with bad coaching and a poor attitude.. and you tricked me into believing in you. In the end you were the team I thought you were.. and rediscovering it in a single afternoon has killed the last bit of love that I had left for you.

Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009   #2
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan
Default Re: We are who we thought we were

Welcome to reality Grid... remember, I still love ya
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009   #3
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

There is a shorter way to get your point across:

Texans suck now, always have, and by all accounts will always suck and I hate them.

Can't say I disagree.
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009   #4
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

The thing is, we were supposed to LOSE this game, almost everyone picked against us.

What kills you is that they rallied back and just couldn't get it done.

We have to get it together, somewhere, somehow.
Old 10-11-2009   #5
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24061 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by blogkimmy View Post
The thing is, we were supposed to LOSE this game, almost everyone picked against us.

What kills you is that they rallied back and just couldn't get it done.

We have to get it together, somewhere, somehow.
It won't happen. We don't have good coaching, we don't have anything at all that resembles killer instinct or heart. Texans are a bowl of soft, and they are wasting the career of bad azzes like andre johnson and mario williams.

How many freaking times did schaub over throw the ball to the corner of the endzone or the back of the endzone? Man he sucks.
Old 10-11-2009   #6
worldlyman
Veteran

Rep Power: 776 worldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respected

The fact is, the Texans still have a lot to build on.

All the Negative Nellies who can only say they "suck" ought to quit watching and get off the bandwagon.

To be down 21-0 yet scrap back and show a spirit is something I admire about these Texans. In the NFL, when a team has weapons and has shown some decent signs of life this season, a 21-0 lead is not insurmountable.

Just two goal line opportunities from a chance at a 4-1 record the past two losses.

They have to keep building on it and eventually they'll get it.

I think there's been too much expectations this year but to look at things objectively, the Texans offense could be more consistent and work on short goal line offense better.

The defense is starting to come around. Sure Kurt Warner did his thing but this game showed they can adjust when its needed. The Texans D is improving.

The reality is, with the exception of the Jets game, the Texans have not "sucked" this year when you really analyze this year. They need to continue working and stay consistent.

"Horrible" team are the Texans? Like the Negative Nellies would rather root for the Rams, Bucs, Raiders, Chiefs...

Rebuilding is not an option at this point. The Texans have the weapons to build on. And unlike 0-4 last year, just a couple plays from a good chance to be 4-1 at this point.

You can give up and cry, jump off a cliff or you keep working on things. I think the Texans will prefer to keep working on things.
worldlyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009   #7
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldlyman View Post

All the Negative Nellies who can only say they "suck" ought to quit watching and get off the bandwagon.

To be down 21-0 yet scrap back and show a spirit is something I admire about these Texans. In the NFL, when a team has weapons and has shown some decent signs of life this season, a 21-0 lead is not insurmountable.

Just two goal line opportunities from a chance at a 4-1 record the past two losses.

I think there's been too much expectations this year but to look at things objectively, the Texans offense could be more consistent and work on short goal line offense better.

The defense is starting to come around. Sure Kurt Warner did his thing but this game showed they can adjust when its needed. The Texans D is improving.

The reality is, with the exception of the Jets game, the Texans have not "sucked" this year when you really analyze this year. They need to continue working and stay consistent.

"Horrible" team are the Texans? Like the Negative Nellies would rather root for the Rams, Bucs, Raiders, Chiefs...

Rebuilding is not an option at this point. The Texans have the weapons to build on. And unlike 0-4 last year, just a couple plays from a good chance to be 4-1 at this point.

You can give up and cry, jump off a cliff or you keep working on things. I think the Texans will prefer to keep working on things.
all the positive nellies need to start therapy for delusional disorder.

texans suck bro. let's be realistic.
Sponsored links
Old 10-11-2009   #8
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 20600 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I agree with you. Like I said, we were SUPPOSED to lose, that's what made this SOOOOO hard. I have never said or written "Fire somebody" .. but seriously .. they are in a performance job.

Very much like a sales job, if you don't sell/perform, you get replaced. I am finally beginning to think the Texans could learn a little something from retail on that point.
Old 10-11-2009   #9
worldlyman
Veteran

Rep Power: 776 worldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respectedworldlyman is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS4MARIO View Post
all the positive nellies need to start therapy for delusional disorder.

texans suck bro. let's be realistic.
Nah. It's called objectivity. Naming the things that need to be improved but NOT throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

It's the Negative Nellies that might need counseling for extreme negativity.
Old 10-11-2009   #10
worldlyman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blogkimmy View Post
I agree with you. Like I said, we were SUPPOSED to lose, that's what made this SOOOOO hard. I have never said or written "Fire somebody" .. but seriously .. they are in a performance job.

Very much like a sales job, if you don't sell/perform, you get replaced. I am finally beginning to think the Texans could learn a little something from retail on that point.
Yeah, but the Cushings, A Johnsons, Schaubs, M Williams and such don't come off the streets so easily unlike for retail positions. An NFL team with imperfect upside should not be torn down so easily. That comes when age and bad chemistry are factors.

I don't think it's the coaching as the Texans have shown good discipline for the most part. It's just execution and adjustment...and adding more proper players to the young defense.
Old 10-11-2009   #11
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Nah. It's called objectivity. Naming the things that need to be improved but NOT throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

Actually being realistic here. I guess we will agree to disagree b/c I think all the positive nellies are delusional and or in denial. This team does not have it. Both wins came against teams with losing records. I will take back my comments when this team can consitently win at home and on the road, win b2b games, close out close games, force overtimes, win in overtime and oh yeah get and maintain a winning record and 8-8 and 9-7 won't cut it if they are so lucky to sniff that record.
Old 10-12-2009   #12
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

This entire post describes my feelings flawlessly. I turned off the game at the half though because in fact i predicted that they were going to make some sort of comeback and they wanted me to get sucked in again, but i did no such thing. Because i knew, in the end, once again, this team would disappoint me. Maybe someday, they can give me hope for every single game that they are going to play hard for 4 quarters and win consistently, but under this regime, with this overload of crappy, unmotivated players, this team is going N-O-W-H-E-R-E. But of course i'll be suckered back in when they put together some sort of winning streak, only to back it up with the same, if not worse losing streak. This team sucks, and for the first time ever today, I yelled at the tv "I Hate The Texans!" and i meant it. I will continue to love and support the texans, just because i was suckered in from the get go, and i do not believe there is a way out. I've spent hours, days, weeks, months, years worrying about this team getting better, maybe one day being able to shout out to the world "I'm a Texans fan" and not get my ass laughed at. This team always bounces back when the chips are down, just to get the chips down once again a week later. This team enjoys disappointing themselves, their beloved fans, and all the media that believed maybe this is the year for them to make playoffs.

With all that said, see you guys next sunday.
Old 10-12-2009   #13
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 125033 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Pass me the crack pipe when you're done. I don't really care if I lose my mind at this point any way. With the frustration that I have to feel from Sunday to Sunday, I might as well be as high as you obviously are.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

This team reeks of mediocre - from top to bottom. Kubiak's teams are so milquetoast and listless at times it drives me bonkers. I've completely lost confidence in him as a NFL Head Coach. Kubiak couldn't motivate a linebacking corps comprised of Jack Lambert, Mike Singletary and Lawrence Taylor. Kubiak makes Jack Pardee look like the Shamwow spokesman guy. There is no way I can watch his presser tomorrow as he taps the podium and tells us how much he sucks. I'd rather watch Seinfeld reruns...at least those are still funny even though I know what's coming.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #15
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 58125 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

can't play the entire game don't deserve a win bottom line
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #16
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
This team reeks of mediocre - from top to bottom. Kubiak's teams are so milquetoast and listless at times it drives me bonkers. I've completely lost confidence in him as a NFL Head Coach. Kubiak couldn't motivate a linebacking corps comprised of Jack Lambert, Mike Singletary and Lawrence Taylor. Kubiak makes Jack Pardee look like the Shamwow spokesman guy. There is no way I can watch his presser tomorrow as he taps the podium and tells us how much he sucks. I'd rather watch Seinfeld reruns...at least those are still funny even though I know what's coming.

So you're not "damn proud of these Texans?"
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #17
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8735 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
switch to The Office. it's the new Seinfeld.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #18
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS View Post
So you're not "damn proud of these Texans?"
Sticking with Seinfeld references, let's just say everything has a George Costanza-like feel to it when the Texans are on the road. There is a certain gloom that captures the imagination as the "hey, I've seen this before" kicks in.

Old 10-12-2009   #19
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 70559 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sticking with Seinfeld references, let's just say everything has a George Costanza-like feel to it when the Texans are on the road. There is a certain gloom that captures the imagination as the "hey, I've seen this before" kicks in.
Vinny, I totally get your frustration. And, I'm really close to jumping off the Kubiak bandwagon also. But, my guess is this game was closer than you expected and the defense played better than you anticipated. So, I'm on the bandwagon until they lose to either Cincy, SF, or Buffalo. If they can't beat those teams, who they are more talented than, then I think I'm done with Kubiak and ready to pink soap it. My pink soap record is perfect, by the way. So, when I'm done with him, then he's gone.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
Vinny, I totally get your frustration. And, I'm really close to jumping off the Kubiak bandwagon also. But, my guess is this game was closer than you expected and the defense played better than you anticipated. So, I'm on the bandwagon until they lose to either Cincy, SF, or Buffalo. If they can't beat those teams, who they are more talented than, then I think I'm done with Kubiak and ready to pink soap it. My pink soap record is perfect, by the way. So, when I'm done with him, then he's gone.
no, and no. I picked them to lose and put very few confidence points on the Cards (a yahoo pick'em reference btw) so I figured it could go either way. This team is fearlessly mediocre and with all great mediocre teams they do great things...here and there. In fact, they do just enough great things to win about half the time.

I don't need any soap, I'm just off the "I think he can do it" train and buying a ticket on the, "Not this again" express. I'm a weary traveler.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read