Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Kubiak lost that game

I'm sure in his press conference tomorrow Kubiak will still insist that we are a run-first team and should set up the pass by running.

He didn't lose the game. Kyle Shanahan was making the calls.

Do you honeslty think Shanahan is making the calls in those situations? He's not......even when Kubiak was allowed to make calls in Denver, Shanahan had veto power and often used it. I highly doubt Kubiak is putting his coaching career in the hands of Shanahan in situations like that.

Why wouldn't you run it twice on 3rd & 4th down when you are that close.

Why would we run it? We obviously aren't tough enough to punch it in from there.

If Schaub sets his feet on 3rd down we have an easy TD. That was a GREAT call on 3rd down. Poor execution is why it didn't work.

Two games - 6 feet

Is what seperates this team from a winning record

Winning in the trenches means winning football games - its that simple.

This team cant get a yard when they have to ....

Can we please end the assumption that Chris Brown is a good short yardage back? And how about getting some Tarzans on the interior of the offensive line. Tired of these Janes getting shoved backwards.

well, hello, all damn game, except for maybe one or two instances, on short yardage plays we were stufffed, generated zero push, this is on whoever was making these calls, and schaub for missing some wide open recievers

I would have gone with the QB sneak on the 4th down play. I think the problem with the o line in that situation is that we cannot stop the penetration. By going with a sneak, you limit the time the Dline can get into the backfield.

Baloney. That 3rd and 1 call was the right call. Dreessen was WIDE OPEN. Schaub sailed it about 6 inches too high. If he'd come down with it, you'd all be calling Shanahan a genius.

Why take the chance? Schaub gets real nervous in tight situations.

The 3rd down call was the right call. Arizona bit and Dreesen was wide open but Schaub overthrew it. The 4th down call was stupid. Our interior O-line sucks and we have not been able to get any room inside all game long. A run is ok but he needs to run outside not inside where we're getting constantly owned.

well, hello, all damn game, except for maybe one or two instances, on short yardage plays we were stufffed, generated zero push, this is on whoever was making these calls, and schaub for missing some wide open recievers

Yep. Now, lets also remember that Arizona plays a 3-4 D. So, now we have struggled to run against the Jet 3-4 and the Cardinal 3-4.

All Schaub had to do was set his feet and it was a TD. Was really pissed on that one. Also, I'm really tired of this Chris Brown love. Enough of him at the goalline.

All Schaub had to do was set his feet and it was a TD. Was really pissed on that one. Also, I'm really tired of this Chris Brown love. Enough of him at the goalline.

it ain't chris brown, don't get me wrong, he ain't a world beater, but its our o line for failing to get a push at the line of scrimmage.

The 3rd down call was the right call. Arizona bit and Dreesen was wide open but Schaub overthrew it. The 4th down call was stupid. Our interior O-line sucks and we have not been able to get any room inside all game long. A run is ok but he needs to run outside not inside where we're getting constantly owned.

they should have run the bootleg to the left on 4th down. Everyone in that stadium thought it was going to Brown on 4th and 1. If you actually run it, you're putting the entire game on ONE OPTION. Run the bootleg and Schaub can pass it or try to run it for one yard. I don't like the run up the middle on 4th down. *sigh* more heartbreak.

But it's Kubiak's offensive philosophy that drags the offense down. WE ARE NOT A RUNNING TEAM!!!!! Pass the f'n ball from the start of the game, not when we are down by 3 TDs.

But it's Kubiak's offensive philosophy that drags the offense down. WE ARE NOT A RUNNING TEAM!!!!! Pass the f'n ball from the start of the game, not when we are down by 3 TDs.

We threw the ball like 40 something times, we neglected the run in fact. We just failed when we needed to make a play today.

Shaub lost this game for us. First half it was 4th and 1 n he threw it deep to AJ... 3rd and 1 with 1 min left he threw and off balanced pass with no pressure around him way to high for an open receiver.....

Shaub lost this game for us. First half it was 4th and 1 n he threw it deep to AJ... 3rd and 1 he threw and off balanced pass with no pressure around him way to high for an open receiver.....

Schaub was also the reason we were in the d@mn game. Find another scapegoat armchair quarterback.

Schaub was also the reason we were in the d@mn game. Find another scapegoat armchair quarterback.

I have a hard time scapegoating anyone. Even with the loss, this team showed me that they at LEAST have heart. And the defense - for one half anyway - showed me that they can play.

We threw the ball like 40 something times, we neglected the run in fact. We just failed when we needed to make a play today.

Yeah, and most of them were in the second half. We didn't neglect the run, we were down by so many points, we had no choice but to throw it just about every time. How about coming out firing instead of waiting until the second half.

Did anybody see how close we were after the 4th down carry? Why don't we do it twice? Their D-line ain't nuthin'. Heck, we could have used Vonta, Steve, Ryan or Chris for that.

I have never seen a single ounce of this so-called Chris Brown love. What I HAVE seen are people laughing at him when he almost cries because of his fumble.

Sorry, I support Schaub 95% of the time and think he is one hellva qb but he missed several wide open recievers today.

I'll give Shcaub the benefit of the doubt because of his body of work. But the last two games he's really seemed off. Makes you wonder if there's some injury he's keeping under wraps?

why dont we sub for chris myers in short yardage situations? there HAS to be someone beefier that we could work into the rotation in those situations who can hold the point of attack. heck work some snaps with okam during the week for when we need a goalline or half yard stand.

A lot of things lost this game:

Horrible first half defense (-21 points)
Horrible first half offense
Blocked field goal (-3 points)
Went for it on fourth down in field goal range (-3 points)
Schaub INT (-7 points)
Schaub overthrow on a brilliant 3rd and goal play call(-7 points)

If we get those two field goals then we can kick a field goal on 4th and 1 for the win.
If Schaub doesn't throw the pick six we can kick a field goal for the win.
If the defense showed up in the first half we could have easily won.

Way too many things went wrong in this game to say that Kubiak's play calls on the goal line were the reason we lost.

Sorry but Kubes didn't throw the pick six a few minutes ealier.

There's plenty of blame to go around on this one.

I have a hard time scapegoating anyone. Even with the loss, this team showed me that they at LEAST have heart. And the defense - for one half anyway - showed me that they can play.

Yes we play with a heart 50% of the games... Expect another 8-8 season!

Did anybody see how close we were after the 4th down carry? Why don't we do it twice? Their D-line ain't nuthin'. Heck, we could have used Vonta, Steve, Ryan or Chris for that.

"Their D-line ain't nuthin'"? They DID stop us twice, each time needing just a single yard. The O-line can't generate the push inside. The bootleg was a perfect play call, but poor execution.

A lot of things lost this game:

Horrible first half defense (-21 points)
Horrible first half offense
Blocked field goal (-3 points)
Went for it on fourth down in field goal range (-3 points)
Schaub INT (-7 points)
Schaub overthrow on a brilliant 3rd and goal play call(-7 points)

If we get those two field goals then we can kick a field goal on 4th and 1 for the win.
If Schaub doesn't throw the pick six we can kick a field goal for the win.
If the offense showed up in the first half we could have easily won.

Way too many things went wrong in this game to say that Kubiak's play calls on the goal line were the reason we lost.

Def held Ari to 7 points most of the 1st half 14 came in 3 mins. Offense did nothing in the first half to put pressure on the cards. i dont think the cards can handle pressure.

The Schaub playaction pass was a tough throw that he should have made easier on himself.

Why wouldn't you run it twice on 3rd & 4th down when you are that close.

Because this team sucks at running the ball, especially when it matters, and I think they actually recognize that.

Baloney. That 3rd and 1 call was the right call. Dreessen was WIDE OPEN. Schaub sailed it about 6 inches too high. If he'd come down with it, you'd all be calling Shanahan a genius.

Bingo. Players make plays to win games. Y'all can ***** about the coach I guess, but Schaub missed the game winner for our team and threw the game winner for their team.

And how about getting some Tarzans on the interior of the offensive line. Tired of these Janes getting shoved backwards.

/end thread.

Y'all can ***** about the coach I guess, but Schaub missed the game winner for our team and threw the game winner for their team.

Schaub was hand-picked and coached by Coach Teflon.

The thread lives on...

The game was lost when the ran Slaton on 2nd I believe and then Schaub threw the INT. I still dont understand why they threw it when the Cards gave everything underneath to the Texans on the drive.

The game was lost when the ran Slaton on 2nd I believe and then Schaub threw the INT. I still dont understand why they threw it when the Cards gave everything underneath to the Texans on the drive.

Cause it was 3rd and 8...either way we lost the game on that goal line play. At that moment, we lost the game. 2 times 2 times Brown's goalline play is ****ing retarded the Jax game and this one he doesnt come through...hes not a big back!

We sling the ball all over the field for 21 points and hundreds of passing yards and decide that when the game is on the line, we should run it 3 times, and pass it once. Yes I consider a shovel pass a run.

Has Kubiak and co heard of 300 pound all pro Darnell Dockett, 305 pound Bryan Robinson, 340 pound Alan Branch and 330 pound Gabe Watson?

Back