Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-11-2009   #1
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 157572 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Two Things I Am Really Tired of Seeing

1.) Matt Schaub holding onto the ball, then rolling out to the right under pressure and finally launching one out of bounds.

2.) Leach lined up at WR, motioning into the FB position, then an unimaginative run stright up into the backs of our ineffective interior linemen for no gain.
Old 10-11-2009   #2
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Two Things I Am Really Tired of Seeing

Agreed on both. Really pissing me off.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009   #3
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11091 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

This whole offense is unimaginative. It has the ability to produce yards when teams go into a prevent mode, but it can't score points. You win games by putting points on the board.
Old 10-11-2009   #4
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 157572 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Oh yeah, one more thing:

3.) Our defense.
Old 10-11-2009   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

This team is a joke.

That's all I've got to say and I've got better things to do with my time.
Old 10-11-2009   #6
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 15293 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
This team is a joke.

Yep.

I'm actually about to take a nap before my all-nighter tonight. Extra sleep for me instead of wasting my time on the game.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009   #7
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

The Leach in motion thing is about the most pointless thing I've ever seen. Besides the rest of the offense. Back to laughing-stock-OL-problems. No holes, no time in the pocket.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-11-2009   #8
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I really think we've seen the best of Matt Schaub. There's a "next step" to this process that isn't coming with him. He is capable of playing well and he will sometimes but he is not the answer at QB for this team or any other. He's another career backup who will tease you into thinking he might be starter quality but he's not.

Notice how many bad passes this guy has thrown in just the first 4.5 games of the season? He's gotten away with a lot of this but he could easily have 8-10 picks right now. Last year he was doing that kind of crap and the only difference between him now and then is dumb luck. Bad decisions still happen all the time with this guy. On top of that he's getting worse in the face of pressure, not better. The longer he holds on to the ball the worse the outcome. He's not Ben Roethlisberger who is hanging on but about to pull a rabbit out of his hat. He's just Matt Schaub who's trying to do that but can't do it. He's desperate to make a play but he couldn't find it to save his life unless he gets lucky and shakes the defender. Against a team with no pass rush he's effective. Anybody who can bring pressure can turn him into Sage Rosenfels on a bad day in three series. That's why everybody smacks the crap out of Matt. You might hurt him which is fine but really all you have to do is make him start doing stupid **** to win the game.

We'll finish less than 8-8 this year. Not a doubt in my mind. I hope the next HC ends the Schaub experiment. Its run its course.
Old 10-11-2009   #9
Lucky

Rep Power: 104254 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Gary Kubiak staring down his Denny's menu.

2. Dancing with the Stars. Tom DeLay? Seriously? This crap went triple Lindy over the shark.

Old 10-11-2009   #10
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11091 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I really think we've seen the best of Matt Schaub. There's a "next step" to this process that isn't coming with him. He is capable of playing well and he will sometimes but he is not the answer at QB for this team or any other. He's another career backup who will tease you into thinking he might be starter quality but he's not.

Notice how many bad passes this guy has thrown in just the first 4.5 games of the season? He's gotten away with a lot of this but he could easily have 8-10 picks right now. Last year he was doing that kind of crap and the only difference between him now and then is dumb luck. Bad decisions still happen all the time with this guy. On top of that he's getting worse in the face of pressure, not better. The longer he holds on to the ball the worse the outcome. He's not Ben Roethlisberger who is hanging on but about to pull a rabbit out of his hat. He's just Matt Schaub who's trying to do that but can't do it. He's desperate to make a play but he couldn't find it to save his life unless he gets lucky and shakes the defender. Against a team with no pass rush he's effective. Anybody who can bring pressure can turn him into Sage Rosenfels on a bad day in three series. That's why everybody smacks the crap out of Matt. You might hurt him which is fine but really all you have to do is make him start doing stupid **** to win the game.

We'll finish less than 8-8 this year. Not a doubt in my mind. I hope the next HC ends the Schaub experiment. Its run its course.
And you know what? Instead of giving up 2 picks for Schaub they could have signed Warner as a veteran. Why is it that the only vets they bring in are guys that sucked in Denver? Why couldn't the Texans bring in a guy like Brian Dawkins? No. We're going to go with Nick Ferguson because he was a Bronco on some bad defenses.
Old 10-11-2009   #11
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 52985 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 View Post
Why couldn't the Texans bring in a guy like Brian Dawkins? No. We're going to go with Nick Ferguson because he was a Bronco on some bad defenses.
Don't worry, chances are Brian Dawkins will end up here eventually now that he is in Denver. He just needs to run his course there first.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009   #12
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
This team is a joke.

The Raiders are a joke...the Texans....well...they need consistency.
Old 10-11-2009   #13
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans are stuck in that Buffalo Billsian "perennial medicore" team thing right now. inconsistency is one of the most telling signs of bad coaching, ain't it?
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009   #14
nut
Veteran

Rep Power: 165 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected
Default w

Quote:
And you know what? Instead of giving up 2 picks for Schaub they could have signed Warner as a veteran. Why is it that the only vets they bring in are guys that sucked in Denver? Why couldn't the Texans bring in a guy like Brian Dawkins? No. We're going to go with Nick Ferguson because he was a Bronco on some bad defenses.
We didn't just pick up guys that sucked in Denver. We also picked up guys that sucked in Green Bay (thank you Sherman).
nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009   #15
Ckw

Quote:
Yeah or a guy like Darren Sharper who has been one of the biggest reasons for the change in the New Orleans defense.

This team sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just can't take this **** anymore! /rant
Old 10-11-2009   #16
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 346 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

1. Gary Kubiak

2. Our defense
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009   #17
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 52985 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
1. Gary Kubiak staring down his Denny's menu.

Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009   #18
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm tired of seeing our fans quit on the team so fast.
Old 10-11-2009   #19
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

The two things im most tired of seeing.

1. Horrible first half, Great second half
2. Great first half, Horrible second half

Why cant we play more consistent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009   #20
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

i don't think i've ever seen schaub really hit a receiver in stride... they always slow down or stop or dive or jump.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read