Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-08-2005   #1
DoCt3rJ
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DoCt3rJ
Default We should trade for Randy Moss

Haha jk =p. I would rather have Matt Stevens than Randy Moss. But we do need a good #2 beside AJ. Gaffney is a good slot guy. Bradford should get the door, and... were left looking for a solid #2. Im thinking a guy with speed/deep threat, but also reliable 10-15 yard catch on 3rd downs =)
DoCt3rJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005   #2
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

i doubt we'd get or even want randy moss, do you see anybody on our whole team who has HALF the personality of RM ??? No and prolly never will with C.C as GM and Capers as head coach !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005   #3
DoCt3rJ
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DoCt3rJ

Ya I know thats why I said Just Kidding =) I just thought the Texans need a little spotlight, some TV time, we'll be a headline everyweek with Moss. Just too bad not all of them would be good =p
DoCt3rJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005   #4
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

haha yeah well it wont be long till were in the national spotlight every week, i say it starts in week 5 of next season when we are 5-1, and looking at the play-offs ! Its off-season so i can dream
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005   #5
Ranger
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Ranger

Do you know how much we would have to give up to get this guy as well? Besides what would Moss and Johnson do for Carr if he can't throw them the ball without getting sacked first.

The Jets, Raiders, and Ravens seem to be the interested teams, and beleive it or not the Jets may be th biggest player, they made an offer for him last year but the Vikings weren't serious. Theyre seious this time around. Hard to imagine Moss in Jets green, but think about the NY reporters all over him.
Old 02-09-2005   #6
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

NO NO NO .... the Texans dont want a player like that in the locker room ,
And im sure most fans want nothing to do with him either . The guy is very talented but his character will always and forever keep him from reaching his full potential..... i wish to see him as a 49'er ..... why ? Because they are SO BAD he wont see the play-offs for a LONG TIME .

(i did say "Wish" ..... knowing full well he wont end up in San Fran.)

He will pull a T.O. and demand to go to a certian team and as usual the managment will break , he will get his way (If Traded at all).

NO Cancer in the locker room plz
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005   #7
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Who is this... "Matt Stevens"... you speak of...?

The memories, the nightmares, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

No more mention of that name.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 02-09-2005   #8
Apoc6
Rookie

Default Cancer in the clubhouse anyone?????

Randy Moss is being shopped by the Vikes. While he is a gifted athlete and playmaker he also has the unfortunate ability to cause a negative vibe in his clubhouse. Do you really want AJ and Moss together??? While Moss gives you the best WR tandem in the NFL with AJ he also could undermine all that has been put in place so far. And how much are you willing to pay, because they aren't going to take Seth "LIMP" Wand and Bennie "POO" Joppru.
Peace.
Apoc6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005   #9
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

wow.. I dont think anyone read the original post

Im hoping starling can be our #2 guy. he has the speed.. but in the meantime we probably need to grab an FA. Age isnt really an issue since we will probably only sign them to a 2 year contract or so.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005   #10
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125

I agree with the fact that we need a #2 guy and i think gaffney can do it but we still need another good WR Bradford isn't cutting it....
Old 02-09-2005   #11
gwallaia

Rep Power: 72749 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

He would create another "hair" controversy within the team.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005   #12
BigBang
Cymbal Hero

Send a message via MSN to BigBang Send a message via Yahoo to BigBang

I don't think Randy is that bad of a guy. I ran into him when they came to town and we said "what's up" to each other and that's about it. Football is a game of passion and in case you haven't noticed, the most dominant and respected players are on the passionate side. Some just have more charisma than others. Adding Moss would actually be a great idea because he would benefit from being in a competitive division, having a quarterback that can launch it, and knowing he can dominate and have somebody on the other side to compliment him. I'm pretty sure he will concede and recognize that this is AJ's squad in much the same way T-Mac deferred to Yao and Shaq to Dwayne Wade. I just wonder what we would send up there for him. I'm pretty sure Sharper, Carr, Johnson, and Davis are untouchable.
Old 02-09-2005   #13
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78862 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger
Do you know how much we would have to give up to get this guy as well?
Not nearly as much as you might think. Case in point . . Terrell Owens. The Niners originally traded Owens to the Ravens for a second-round draft pick. The Ravens got their second-round pick back from the Niners, and the Niners in turn received a fifth-round pick and defensive end Brandon Whiting from the Eagles in exchange for the rights to Owens.

So, I don't see the Vikings getting any more than a second-rounder for Moss.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005   #14
NoBullTexan
Veteran

NO to Randy Moss. Can't you just see a headcase like him disrupting the bench of the Texans? NO,NO,NO!!!

I, too, am of the opinion that we give Starling first crack at being the #2. I just wish they had given him more time last year to learn the position.
Old 02-09-2005   #15
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

i would take him.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005   #16
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I would probably cost us AJ AND a high pick to land Randy Moss. That doesn't seem like progress to me.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005   #17
JagMANAlex
waterboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
Randy Moss a Texan? LOL!!!!!!

We already have aq randy moss and he is wayyyyy better...
wow if your talking about andre johnson...well do you really think that AJ is better than Randy Moss? I like him too but cmon.
JagMANAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005   #18
dan7
Veteran

Default Randy Moss

Randy Moss would fit in well with the Oakland Raiders.....
Old 02-09-2005   #19
CoachJim
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CoachJim Send a message via Yahoo to CoachJim

Pound for pound, I'd take AJ over RMoss in half a heartbeat.
Old 02-09-2005   #20
Ranger
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Ranger

Quote:
Not nearly as much as you might think. Case in point . . Terrell Owens. The Niners originally traded Owens to the Ravens for a second-round draft pick. The Ravens got their second-round pick back from the Niners, and the Niners in turn received a fifth-round pick and defensive end Brandon Whiting from the Eagles in exchange for the rights to Owens.

So, I don't see the Vikings getting any more than a second-rounder for Moss.
Yeah a second round pick may be TOO much for Moss

Here are some of the Houston Chronicle's future headlines:

RANDY MOSS TRADED TO TEXANS

RANDY MOSS SAYS HE HAS CHANGED

RANDY MOSS COMPLAINS ABOUT NOT GETTING BALL ENOUGH

RANDY MOSS COMPLAINS ANDRE JOHNSON IS #1 RECEIVER

TEXANS MISS PLAYOFFS AFTER LOCKERROOM FALLOUT

TEXANS FIRE DOM CAPERS

See my point?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read