Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2009   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 216190 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Antonio Smith to Kurt Warner: "Ready or Not, Here I Come"

Smith is somewhat conflicted about his return to Arizona, BUT.............

Quote:
“I loved my teammates over there,” Smith said. “I can't speak highly enough about them, especially Kurt.”

For the first time Sunday, Smith and Warner will be lining up on opposite sides of the football at University of Phoenix Stadium. It won't be practice anymore. There will be no pulling up, no three-quarters speed. The Texans are paying Smith a ton of money to leave quarterbacks curled up in the fetal position, and Warner is a quarterback.

“It's kind of bittersweet,” Smith admitted, “because I'm real fond of Kurt, and he hasn't ever gotten to see me put the hands on him. But I guess I'm going to have to do it.

Kubiak finds it fortuitous that Smith gets to follow that breakout performance [Raiders] with a game against the Cardinals.

“I'm sure any time you go back and play your old team, it's got to be something special,” Kubiak said, “especially after what that team went through last year. That was a hell of a year, you know?”
But that was last year.

“I'm coming to get them,” Smith said, “and I'm going to be running my mouth the whole time. They know that. You practice with guys every day, and you get a little rivalry going back and forth. Now I'm a Houston Texan. It'll be a test for both of us to see who can get it done and who can't.”
FOR THE WHOLE STORY
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 264425 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Antonio Smith to Kurt Warner: "Ready or Not, Here I Come"

Nothing against what was said.

But it would have been nice, if he came out with the, "I hurt QBs, that's what I do" attitude. To me, he came off more, "I hate to do it, but I will, If I have to" kind of thing.

I like Kurt Warner. Hell, I like Peyton Manning. But I really like seeing them run for their lives.
Old 10-10-2009   #3
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

But it would have been nice, if he came out with the, "I hurt QBs, that's what I do" attitude. To me, he came off more, "I hate to do it, but I will, If I have to" kind of thing.

I like Kurt Warner. Hell, I like Peyton Manning. But I really like seeing them run for their lives.
I like Warner - I hate Manning .... I still want to see both on their @$$

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

i'd rather smith say this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRnC8L2TfdY

well talk it and then walk it
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009   #5
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

"It'll be a test for both of us to see who can get it done and who can't.”

"Who is earning their big off season free agent contract and who isn't" is what I read. Not that this one game will sway my entire opinion of him but it sure is the first on the checklist.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009   #6
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

He's done next to nothing this year. I'm sure the Cards are much more concerned about the guy on the other end of the line.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009   #7
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post

Everybody's different. My guess is if he were in a similar situation, Mario would be very understated about it. It wouldn't cause me to be concerned in any way shape or form that he doesn't take it seriously, or that he might not be properly motivated.

The reality is a players personality is what it is, and it tells you little to nothing about what's really going to happen, because they're going to revert to their true personality almost all of the time. I remember two years ago (during the season that ended up 5-11) Ray Lewis acting like a crazed and injured animal. It was probably sincere (after all, that's who Ray is), but it didn't help them win games at that point in time.

I care about results and performance, not words. (BTW, the same holds true about press conferences - I think it's absolutely ridiculous that folks read so much into the way coaches act/respond in those). You win or you don't, and how you "sound" before or after makes no difference.
Old 10-10-2009   #8
SteveSlaton20
All Pro

Rep Power: 717 SteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respectedSteveSlaton20 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to SteveSlaton20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I like Warner - I hate Manning .... I still want to see both on their @$$
how can one hate manning? not that i wouldnt like seeing him on his ass when we play them, but still.
Old 10-10-2009   #9
Sal Rosenberg
All Pro

Rep Power: 111 Sal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respectedSal Rosenberg is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSlaton20 View Post
how can one hate manning? not that i wouldnt like seeing him on his ass when we play them, but still.
I love both Manning brothers! I always draft them on my fantasy teams.
Sal Rosenberg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read