Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-09-2009   #1
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Crabtree finally signs with 49ers, thanks to M.C. Hammer

Football is back in, too, for Michael Crabtree(notes). After a long holdout, he finally signed a contract with the San Francisco 49ers. As it turns out, all they needed was a little help from M.C. Hammer.

I actually have no idea what, if anything, M.C. Hammer contributed to negotiations, but he was in the room when the deal was reached. What qualifies Hammer to be there -- other than a mind to rhyme and two hype feet, of course -- I couldn't tell you. According to excellent 49ers beat reporter Matt Maiocco, though, Hammer's an old friend of Crabtree's agent, Eugene Parker.

Maiocco tweeted several updates about Crabtree, Parker and Hammer on his Twitter page. He also posted a recap of his day attempting to cover the negotiations, including Hammer seeming offended when Maiocco asked him who he was. Hammer, don't hurt 'em!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,194474

This article is one pathetic article acting as if Hammer being there was a big help to getting Crabtree signed. It's the exact opposite actually. Hammer and Deion have been parts of the problem this entire time with giving Crabtree this horrible advice throughout this saga involving the greedy fool in Eugene Parker. These shady agents and third party counter parts like Deion and Hammer are going to end up getting a lot more players in trouble. Deion just got Dez Bryant in a ton of trouble and got him kicked out of coolege football in his Senior year hurting the season for OSU. If I was an OSU fan, I'd be ticked off beyond belief. As a college football fan, I'm ticked because I love watching Bryant on the field and it has sucked watching Crabtree waste his entire rookie year and seeing the 49ers get screwed like this.

Man, I only hope that the Texans don't draft any agents in the near future that are represented by Eugene Parker. I sure as hell hope that there aren't any Longhorn players that Deion gets close to.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #2
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Crabtree finally signs with 49ers, thanks to M.C. Hammer

Dez Bryant is a junior at Okie St, not a senior. And he is suspended for lying to the NCAA, not for his contact with Deion Sanders.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #3
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101274 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
Dez Bryant is a junior at Okie St, not a senior. And he is suspended for lying to the NCAA, not for his contact with Deion Sanders.
He is suspended for his contact with Deion Sanders and lying to the NCAA about it? Why do you think the NCAA wanted to know about him and Sanders in the first place? You don't find a coincidence in that? And who do you think the genius was that told him to lie to the NCAA about hanging out with Deion? It's been out there for a while that Deion has been trying to lure young athletes to Eugene Parker through his star status and appeal. Hammer and Deion have been close friends for a long time as well as Hammer and Eugene Parker. What on earth would Hammer be doing in any signing negotiations with Crabtree? Deion is the last person that needs to be anywhere near any of these kids. He's certainly not a good role model and he's already helped to get one guy kicked out of college and the other to hold out and look like a fool.
Old 10-09-2009   #4
SF49erFaithful
Crabtree FTW

Rep Power: 41 SF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respectedSF49erFaithful is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't how much Hammer is to fault...

Quote:
Michael Crabtree probably would have signed at some point before Nov. 17, the deadline for a rookie to get a deal done and be eligible to play this season. But one person in particular is responsible for the timing of his contract agreement with the 49ers.

This week, the 49ers and Crabtree synchronized their watches to Hammertime.

Stanley Burrell - best known by stage names MC Hammer or, simply, Hammer - spoke with 49ers president Jed York during a function Saturday, Sept. 19, to honor Eddie DeBartolo as the first inductee into the 49ers Hall of Fame.

During that engagement, Hammer asked York if he would be open to getting together for a face-to-face meeting with Crabtree and his agent, Eugene Parker.

"We have a mutual friend who introduced us," York told me today. "Hammer has a good relationship with Deion Sanders. Eugene (Parker) was his agent. And he (Hammer) has a good relationship with Eugene. And I think it was a good conduit to get everybody together."

Hammer did not take part in the negotiations, but he was on hand at a Palo Alto luxury hotel, where the ice-breaking meeting took place. Hammer walked out with York, then helped him escape questioning by yours truly.
http://blog.pressdemocrat.com/49ers/...the-story.html
Old 10-09-2009   #5
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

And I'm sure this was all filmed for somebody's reality show...
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #6
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Damn, i let crabtree go last week on my FF team thinking all hope was gone for signing him. I could have used him somehow(although i'm 4-0 without him), but someone grabbed him this we ek.
Old 10-09-2009   #7
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 19418 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

poor 49ers....
Old 10-09-2009   #8
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
He is suspended for his contact with Deion Sanders and lying to the NCAA about it? Why do you think the NCAA wanted to know about him and Sanders in the first place? You don't find a coincidence in that? And who do you think the genius was that told him to lie to the NCAA about hanging out with Deion? It's been out there for a while that Deion has been trying to lure young athletes to Eugene Parker through his star status and appeal. Hammer and Deion have been close friends for a long time as well as Hammer and Eugene Parker. What on earth would Hammer be doing in any signing negotiations with Crabtree? Deion is the last person that needs to be anywhere near any of these kids. He's certainly not a good role model and he's already helped to get one guy kicked out of college and the other to hold out and look like a fool.
I'm not disagreeing with any of your opinions as I share the same thoughts.

I am just letting you know that what Dez did with Deion is not against the rules.

Unless you can prove that Deion convinced Bryant to lie to the NCAA then you cannot prove that Deion has done anything legally wrong.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #9
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

The 49ers are going to regret this signing, probably already do. I'm guessing that they'll let him go at the end of his rookie contract because they won't want to deal with the headache that Crabtree has become. He'll be asking for more money at the end of his second year well before his contract expires.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #10
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I'm not disagreeing with any of your opinions as I share the same thoughts.

I am just letting you know that what Dez did with Deion is not against the rules.

Unless you can prove that Deion convinced Bryant to lie to the NCAA then you cannot prove that Deion has done anything legally wrong.
Well it may not be against the rules just seeing him, but it was obviously something that they were doing that the NCAA didn't think was within the rules or they wouldn't have been investigating this and asking him about it in the first place. Why would Bryant lie about this if what they were doing wasn't against the rules?? Why lie about it then? And I'm sure someone had told Bryant not to mention any of their meetings together or keep their stuff on the low. Someone had to have told him that, because if they were just hanging out like you and I would at the park or at a diner, then obviously you wouldn't feel threatened by the question in the first place. So I'm sure that Deion or Parker, or whomever else is in this little camp of theirs that's involved in this stuff is telling these guys to keep these meetings under wraps, because the last thing any of them will want is for the NCAA and the authorities to be investigating them and keeping an eye out for them like a watch dog.

And no, of course I can't prove anything about who told him what, but it's not that hard to speculate what's going on. He said that he lied about it because he thought he might get into trouble so if he thought that in the first place then why would he have ever gone over there to talk to them in the beginning any way, and if he that's the case I'm sure that Bryant would have mentioned this to Deion and his cronies and they probably addressed it with him.

Bottom line though, this all smells really fishy and the guy that's taking the fall over it is the young college prospect that's in his Senior year.
Old 10-09-2009   #11
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34423 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

Me thinks this has just an once to do with the way the 49ners have been playing thus far but I might be off base just a little bit.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read