Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-09-2009   #1
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18944 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Anyone worried about Mario?

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/6659451.html
Quote:
The news was less positive regarding defensive end Mario Williams and his bruised shoulder. He was only a spectator for the second day in a row Thursday.

“He's getting better,” coach Gary Kubiak said. “Obviously, if you don't practice on Wednesday or Thursday, there's a concern. We'll see tomorrow (Friday). I feel good about him, but I would have liked to see him (practice) today. He can play without the practice reps, so that doesn't concern me. I just want to make sure he's ready to go.”
Obviously he's going to try and play through it if at all possible, but I imagine such an injury could affect a number of his pass rush moves and his leverage and strength in general.

Anyone worried that he plays effectively, or even at all?

On a positive note, from the same report:
Quote:
The “swine flu epidemic” in the Texans locker room appears to have abated. No players showed up sick Thursday, and rookie linebacker Brian Cushing was back at practice after taking Wednesday off because he was under the weather.

“I'm good,” Cushing said. “(Missing practice) was just precautionary. I could have been here yesterday. All tests came back negative, and I'm fine. I was full-go today. No problem. No one wants to be sick, but everyone gets sick once in awhile. I had a little cold, but I guess it's a big deal.”
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Anyone worried about Mario?

Cortisone.......... He'll be ready.
Old 10-09-2009   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

No. Mario is a machine and will play on Sunday.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #4
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

If Mario is really hurting this bad maybe they should cut his overall playing time and really turn up the rotation, let guys get a shot from all angles. My only concern is that I think the rotations only shot at working is having an all world defensive end to make up for any lack of talent elsewhere. Antonio Smith could really do well for his reputation as a Texan to turn it up a notch or two in this game. If Okoye got another sack I think most of us would be floored. DLine pretty much has to win this game for the team by cutting the snake off at the head. As long as Warner is flustered they'll have a chance. If it's a straightup shootout (I don't think they can stop the boys) it'll just be about who has the ball last.

at the cush's response-
Quote:
Everyone calm down.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #5
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope this is less painful than the foot problems he had in year 1.

Frankly...I am not too worried about it...he will be fine.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #6
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

He played through it on sunday?
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #7
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 149849 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
If Mario is really hurting this bad maybe they should cut his overall playing time and really turn up the rotation, let guys get a shot from all angles. My only concern is that I think the rotations only shot at working is having an all world defensive end to make up for any lack of talent elsewhere. Antonio Smith could really do well for his reputation as a Texan to turn it up a notch or two in this game. If Okoye got another sack I think most of us would be floored. DLine pretty much has to win this game for the team by cutting the snake off at the head. As long as Warner is flustered they'll have a chance. If it's a straightup shootout (I don't think they can stop the boys) it'll just be about who has the ball last.

at the cush's response-
I agree. Kubes needs a plan that slow the passing game of Arizona and Dline needs to at least hurry Warner. He can be gotten to. Or LB will stop the running game and assist the Dline. We must score every time we have the ball.
Old 10-09-2009   #8
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Nope! Not worried. BUT, I sure hope it messes up the Cards thinking and they won't keep two guys on him. Let them THINK he might be a little soft. lol
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #9
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Cortisone.......... He'll be ready.
Cortisone? For a bruise? Eh, spit in your palm, rub it in the shoulder and get back to work.
Old 10-09-2009   #10
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Fridays injury report is in.... Mario questionable.... another one of note is James Casey is questionable with a knee, had no idea about that one... also the Cardinals have some interesting questionables (DRC & Dockett)..

http://www.houstontexans.com/gameday/InjuryReport.asp
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Cortisone? For a bruise? Eh, spit in your palm, rub it in the shoulder and get back to work.
Put spit put on your hairy back?? Nasty.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read