Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-08-2009   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Hey Dunta

Want top 5 CB money? Here's your chance. Time to put the sharpie down and pick up the game baby!
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hey Dunta

D.Rob is going to look silly out there against Fitz. Maybe Larry could put "Catch Me Dunta" on the back of his shoes?
Old 10-08-2009   #3
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Dunta's gonna get his lunch ate......our secondary vs. their recieving corps period....that's not a fair fight at all.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009   #4
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 12478 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

the good thing is that we are looking to save some money on Dunta next year as he won't be able to say he is a top 5 corner again.

silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009   #5
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Dunta's gonna get his lunch ate......our secondary vs. their recieving corps period....that's not a fair fight at all.
Is our receiving corps vs. THEIR secondary any more fair?
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87575 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
D.Rob is going to look silly out there against Fitz. Maybe Larry could put "Catch Me Dunta" on the back of his shoes?
There needs to be a whole lot of bumping going on in the first 5 yards and both safeties helping out the corners. Our LBs should shut down whatever the run turns out to be. A CB and a safety on each WR should help and McCain's speed on a 3rd WR.
Old 10-08-2009   #7
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 71966 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
Is our receiving corps vs. THEIR secondary any more fair?
Yes

McFadden, DRC, Wilson and Rolle >>>> Dunta, Reeves, Wilson and Pollard
Old 10-08-2009   #8
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29597 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

All I can say is I sure wish I had FITZ on my FF team!!

I do have AJ and OD though! I have a feeling this is gonna be an OD football game! Never know when to play AJ, but, I just can't bench the dude.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009   #9
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 18937 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post

I do have AJ and OD though! I have a feeling this is gonna be an OD football game! Never know when to play AJ, but, I just can't bench the dude.
If you wanna win, always.
Old 10-08-2009   #10
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

All this negativetalk! I'll say they are the ones who better be worried about our offense.

This isn't the prediction thread, but I'm gonna stick my neck out and call it a win on the road for us. Book it.
Old 10-08-2009   #11
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 116 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
All this negativetalk! I'll say they are the ones who better be worried about our offense.

This isn't the prediction thread, but I'm gonna stick my neck out and call it a win on the road for us. Book it.
there's the optimism i was looking for in this thread. i'm looking forward to seeing more of the pass rush. hopefully see Cush blitzing all day with Barwin Mario Smith and Amobi (he DID get a sack last week). and if it doesn't work heres to staying away from this message board.
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I feel confident that they are concerned about our offense. As concerned as we are about our defense? Not sure.

I can't predict a win, but I'm going to say that it's going to be a shoot out that we can come out on top 41-38 if we win the turnover battle.
Old 10-08-2009   #13
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3rm0nt3r View Post
there's the optimism i was looking for in this thread. i'm looking forward to seeing more of the pass rush. hopefully see Cush blitzing all day with Barwin Mario Smith and Amobi (he DID get a sack last week). and if it doesn't work heres to staying away from this message board.
If it doesn't, there will be more soap flying around this message board than on a Saturday night on the prairie.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009   #14
davemundy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Initially I'd agree with you, but the same could be said of their secondary versus our receiving corps. Sorry guys, but the WR bunch we put out there fit perfectly into what Kubiak & Co. is doing, and as we saw last year they're just as effective as Arizona's.
And despite their lack of notoriety, I've noticed over the years that our DBs tend to show up in the strangest situations -- some kid who couldn't outrun the little sisters of the poor can burn them, then they'll shut down someone else completely. Just depends whether or not they show up Sunday.
Dunta has a challenge before him Sunday, that's for sure.
davemundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009   #15
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

AZ-

21st in pts. scored
15th in total yds
4th in pass yds
31st in rush yds

Hou-

13th in pts scored
16th in total yds
9th in pass yds
30th in rush yds

looks pretty even to me, about the only edge I can gleam is that we score more when given a chance than they do...correct?

*I guess AJ will be lining up against Rodgers-Cromartie this week? good matchup.
Old 10-08-2009   #16
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
AZ-

21st in pts. scored
15th in total yds
4th in pass yds
31st in rush yds

Hou-

13th in pts scored
16th in total yds
9th in pass yds
30th in rush yds

looks pretty even to me, about the only edge I can gleam is that we score more when given a chance than they do...correct?

*I guess AJ will be lining up against Rodgers-Cromartie this week? good matchup.
dead last in rushing sets up a good day in sack department, excatly what the Dr. ordered which should cause some floaties Dunta Robinson way
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009   #17
JCTexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28847 JCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedJCTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post

I have him on my team. I'm starting him, but I want the Texans to shut him down. A Texan win comes way before a FF win.
JCTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #18
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand1 View Post
the good thing is that we are looking to save some money on Dunta next year as he won't be able to say he is a top 5 corner again.

I predict great days for Boldin & Breaston only because coverage will be rolled towards Fitz leaving Reeves, bennett/McCain virtually 1 on 1. Fitzgerald will get his, but it wont be like his playoff run last year.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #19
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 56852 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

We have Bennett getting smoked, Reeves coming back from a broken leg, rookies McCain and Quin, and yall are worried about Dunta Robinson?

I dont understand why this guy still gets so many negative things said about him by our fans. He is the best cornerback we have.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #20
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7857 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Not a negative thread. He wants top 5 CB money and we want to beat The Cardinals. If there ever was a time he could show us all that he's top 5 CB material, now is the time to show that. This is probably the biggest stage he will have all year to show that save for Indianapolis.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read