Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-08-2009   #21
davemundy
Rookie

Default Re: Who is better? Andre Johnson vs. Larry Fitzgerald

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Welcome to the board Dave. Hope you enjoy your stay and that you put up articles that are better written than Richard Justice. So far, 1 for 1 that I've read.
Thanks for the welcome ... well, I've probably been at this a little longer than Richard Justice. As I remember, I was covering sports when he was still pooping yellow.
davemundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009   #22
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre Johnson and Fitz are NOTHING compared to the ALMIGHTY DARRIUS HEYWARD-BEY (when it comes to the 40)
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009   #23
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10190 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

raider fans are crazy!

it dont matter if he can run it thos tho if he can catch but seeing your qb
goodluck with that any ways he may be fast but i dont see him being a super star any time soon
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009   #24
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Guess sarcasm doesn't translate all too well on forums.

In all seriousness, he will never be as good as AJ, CJ, or Fitz. He definitely wasn't worth the spot he was drafted at, he would of easily went late first round early second round. We could of gotten Raji, Monroe, Maclin, Crabs, Harvin...so many good players to choose from...and we picked DHB. A lot of Raiders fans are ready to call him a bust, I'd give him two more years, but if we still have the QB we have now, he will be a definite bust. On another team with an actual QB, I believe he would have done well; but I doubt he will in Oakland.

Now to answer the question that I totally skipped over in my first post. I believe out of the two, Andre is the better receiver. Not by a long shot by any means, but I would still take him over Fitz any day. If this thread included Calvin, it would have been a much tougher choice. A few more years I can see him being the best in the league if Stafford matures into a solid franchise QB. IF he was on any other team who currently has a good franchise QB, Megatron would be the best...hands down.
Old 10-08-2009   #25
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1892 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

I think AJ is the best of the two, I think CJ has potential to be better than both of them mostly because of his 6'5 frame, and I think Steve Smith deserves a nod as #4.

Isn't AJ a lot faster than Fitz?
wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009   #26
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3602 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre Johnson is the only correct answer. If you answered otherwise you are DEAD to me.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009   #27
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Well if you really want to have the discussion, they're both great at doing similar things. I don't think one is better than the other really at anything. In the end I think that Calvin Johnson will end up being better than both if they can ever get an O line that can protect Stafford and he ends up developing. As far as pure talent goes, he's the best I've ever seen even over Randy Moss. It's just a matter of if the rest of the parts get their stuff together. For years people said "if only AJ was on a team where a QB could get him the ball." Well he is finally on a team like that now and he's been tearing it up the last few seasons. Fitzgerald was tearing it up in the stat book even with the garbage QB's he had before Warner though, and has also had to lose some of his stats to Boldin. Boldin being there has helped him some, but also took away some of his stats, so it's been sort of like a double edged sword. Last season though the two of them finally had a real QB for the first time in both of their careers and that offense went nuts. Again though, there is no right or wrong answer. THey play in different offenses with different factors of advantages and disadvantages. I don't think numbers and stats will ever completely tell the story with AJ, Fitz, or Calvin.
I was telling everyone that would listen that C Johnson was going to be one of the best WR's to ever play the game back when he was in college. He was the best WR to ever enter the draft IMO. He had 0 flaws. None! As far as AJ and Fitz go, I wouldnt trade AJ for anyone. But If I didnt have a choice I would be ok with trading him for Fitz.
Old 10-08-2009   #28
HouSportsWriter
SIAB

Rep Power: 10190 HouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respectedHouSportsWriter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
Guess sarcasm doesn't translate all too well on forums.

In all seriousness, he will never be as good as AJ, CJ, or Fitz. He definitely wasn't worth the spot he was drafted at, he would of easily went late first round early second round. We could of gotten Raji, Monroe, Maclin, Crabs, Harvin...so many good players to choose from...and we picked DHB. A lot of Raiders fans are ready to call him a bust, I'd give him two more years, but if we still have the QB we have now, he will be a definite bust. On another team with an actual QB, I believe he would have done well; but I doubt he will in Oakland.

Now to answer the question that I totally skipped over in my first post. I believe out of the two, Andre is the better receiver. Not by a long shot by any means, but I would still take him over Fitz any day. If this thread included Calvin, it would have been a much tougher choice. A few more years I can see him being the best in the league if Stafford matures into a solid franchise QB. IF he was on any other team who currently has a good franchise QB, Megatron would be the best...hands down.

respect =]
HouSportsWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009   #29
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 97647 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

On the field it's too close to call, so we will go to the tie breaker.

Exhibit A: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biQRY9hdI78

Exhibit B: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDWY4suxuBY

Clearly the tie breaker goes to AJ. Now who wants a Hoagie?

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #30
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

I have never seen either of those commercials. If only Andre was as good at acting as he is at playing, its all good though, still a great commercial.
Old 10-09-2009   #31
Air Canada
Veteran

Rep Power: 790 Air Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed View Post
I think AJ is the best of the two, I think CJ has potential to be better than both of them mostly because of his 6'5 frame, and I think Steve Smith deserves a nod as #4.

Isn't AJ a lot faster than Fitz?
Yeah, faster and more explosive after the catch or coming out the break...He is better IMO
Air Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #32
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre says he is better. But what did you expect him to say? That he is not? lol.

http://www.chron.com/common/special/...eo=44151238001
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #33
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

A motivated Randy Moss might be better then both of them.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #34
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
A motivated Randy Moss might be better then both of them.
Motivated to run a single route? Randy is great at the post but either AJ or Larry beats him as a complete player easily.
Old 10-09-2009   #35
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Michael Irvin had the best take on Randy Moss.

"Hey, Randy. You wanna get the ball more? RUNYA ROUTES!! (while
moving his arms in a running motion)"
DexmanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #36
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
Michael Irvin had the best take on Randy Moss.

"Hey, Randy. You wanna get the ball more? RUNYA ROUTES!! (while
moving his arms in a running motion)"
People in Houston love to hate on Michael but the boy loved football and played every down like it was the super bowl. Something that decidedly cannot be said about Randy.
Old 10-09-2009   #37
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ by leaps and bounds. Fitz has a top quality receiver to draw some of the attention away from him. AJ is damned near solo out there and STILL has better stats against MUCH better opponents. To quote Belicheat..."This aint the NFC."
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #38
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
People in Houston love to hate on Michael but the boy loved football and played every down like it was the super bowl. Something that decidedly cannot be said about Randy.
Randy Moss didn't need to shove the other guy out of the path of the ball to make a catch either...

Let's see Randy Moss is a known pothead...Michael Irvin got busted with a rock of crack the size of a baseball. Yeah. Tough call.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #39
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
& even motivated about half the time, randy will still go down as the 2nd greatest WR ever....that's absolutely scary.

Last edited by Mr teX; 10-09-2009 at 12:13 PM.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009   #40
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Fitz has better hands than AJ. AJ's bigger and faster.

Ah screw it, I'd take either one in a heartbeat.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read