Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-18-2005   #61
rhc564
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
I hope we take the BPA's in the many areas that could use upgrades:
NT, ILB, DE, SS, CB, OLT, OG, C, TE, HB, WR
....might be easier to list what we don't need but at least we're on target
for the 5 year plan
rhc564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005   #62
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

My point is that we have SO MANY areas that could use upgrading, that we might as well go for the BPA (with a few noted exceptions like QB) if possible. I don't think we have any majorly weak areas that require us to HAVE TO draft for a particular position though.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005   #63
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
My point is that we have SO MANY areas that could use upgrading, that we might as well go for the BPA (with a few noted exceptions like QB) if possible. I don't think we have any majorly weak areas that require us to HAVE TO draft for a particular position though.

dont agree the DL needs to be upgraded or atleast get some depth in the position !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005   #64
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

There are positions like CB that takes alot of natural ability to be able to gaurd a wideout for five seconds . At 13 you can get one that makes him the BPA . You can draft one in the sixth rd. and if your pass rush is good enough it will work . Its the bird in the hand theory except theres no garantees the bird in the hands going to live .
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005   #65
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I hope we take the BPA's in the many areas that could use upgrades:
NT, ILB, DE, SS, CB, OLT, OG, C, TE, HB, WR
Why do we need an upgrade at SS? Is there someone in the draft that you think would come in from day one and be an instant upgrade over Glenn Earl? IMO he is just as good as Thomas Davis, who is considered to be the best SS prospect available...

I'm just curious to know why so many people think we need a new SS...
Old 02-19-2005   #66
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

It seems people latch on to names without putting it to the big picture . I do not believe safety is a need . Its good to have depth and if you see a safety in the 5th and hes a special teams demon take him . I think the first two picks should be value positions . I don't know if thats a term but it is now . In three years maybe the Texans are SB contenders and can pick a safety or TE in the 1st round but right now their building .
I also think folks get sentimental over a player and raise his value . Vinny liked Baas C/ G Mich. but knew he'd be their later in the draft so he got his player and a 2nd rd. pick via trade but look at the guys still there on the board you make the call .
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read